Author Topic: ‘Fueled-by-rage’ Sean Penn: No ‘chance in hell’ Trump re-elected  (Read 887 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Fueled-by-rage’ Sean Penn: No ‘chance in hell’ Trump re-elected
September 9, 2019 | Frieda Powers

“Fast Times at Ridgemont High” star Sean Penn has again blasted President Trump, this time on stage at a California event where he declared there is “no chance in hell” Trump will get re-elected.

The filmmaker predicted an “exponential jump” in the number of younger voters who will not support a second term for the president, speaking with fellow actor Nick Offerman in Los Angeles, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Penn was on hand to promote his new novel “Bob Honey Sings Jimmy Crack Corn,” when he reportedly made the remarks on stage at the Los Angeles event Saturday. His book, a follow-up to 2018’s “Bob Honey Who Just Do Stufff,” is “literature of the ludicrous,” according to the Oscar-winning star of “Mystic River” and “Milk,” and tells the story of an international assassin.

“As it turns out, leading up to the election of 2016, I was going to f**king kill myself if I didn’t find a way out of just focusing on what the hell was happening,” Penn told Offerman. “So I decided to take everything I thought and felt and exaggerated it and exaggerated the language in ways that would keep me giggling through one of the ugliest periods of conscious participation the country has ever had.”

The 49-year old actor unloaded on Trump with his political commentary, noting that he tackles his writing in the den of his house which “has a fireplace in it, and might or might not have a model representing our current president hanging from a noose. And it may or may not have a button on that model where you can press it and hear quotations in his voice. And that’s where I write.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/09/09/fueled-by-rage-sean-penn-no-chance-in-hell-trump-re-elected-821992
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
He has become Mr. Hand.  But at least Mr. Hand was likable.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
What does this late-middle-aged has-been actor know about young voters?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

He's on dope.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online berdie

Unless he says that if Trump is re-elected he will move to Canada, Europe or Siberia...he doesn't have much validity.

Offline musiclady

Penn was on hand to promote his new novel “Bob Honey Sings Jimmy Crack Corn,”

And I don't care......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline goatprairie

You mean Jeff Spicoli?

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline goatprairie

Who?
dope-smoking moron played by Penn in the movie "Fast Times At Ridgemont High."

Offline Slide Rule

Ah. The finest minds in Hollywood are predicting an outcome.

Again.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The funniest part of Trump being reelected would be counting the number of Leftists who have aneurysms due to soaring blood pressure from hate and shock. This would be their heads exploding, literally. Of course if they don't like it, they can always move. But we all know they will never do that.

But it is true that celebrities typically do more damage to their candidate or cause than they help. It is not so much that people hate celebrities, although that is part of it with some of them. It is more that most people don't take the political opinions of actors or comedians seriously, and rightly so. Getting up on a stage and reciting a bunch of prewritten words is not some kind of automatic PhD in Global Politics or Global events. Hollywood is not nearly as smart as they think they are.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.