Author Topic: South African consulate, shops attacked in DR Congo city  (Read 164 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
South African consulate, shops attacked in DR Congo city
« on: September 08, 2019, 02:28:25 am »
South African consulate, shops attacked in DR Congo city
Thursday September 5 2019
By AFP

Protestors on Thursday smashed the windows of the South African consulate in DR Congo's second largest city, Lubumbashi, and attacked South African-owned stores, in reprisal for attacks on foreigners in Johannesburg, an AFP reporter saw.

A demonstration called by a campaign group outside the consulate in Lubumbashi, southeastern DR Congo, spiralled out of control and protestors smashed the building's windows.

They then attacked and looted a store owned by the South African retail group MRP before police intervened, injuring one or two protestors.

Read More At: https://www.monitor.co.ug/News/World/South-African-consulate-shops-attacked-DR-Congo-city/688340-5261782-3eflh4/index.html

I think I'd say, this is basically going on all over, all over that area that is.

There was one of these kinds of stories for Zambia, Zambia was a country I had to look up on the map, they are hardly ever in the news.

Bets on protests in London at the South African embassy? No, I wouldn't bet on it but possibly, we could see something like that. Even the USA?

Maybe I will open up a sticky African Crisis or South Africa Crisis thread....