Author Topic: Protest against Australian vegan who took neighbours to court over BBQ cancelled  (Read 257 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Protest against Australian vegan who took neighbours to court over BBQ cancelled
    06/09/2019
    Katie Fitzgerald

A protest planned for outside a vegan Perth woman's house has been cancelled.

The Facebook event titled "Community BBQ for Cilla Carden" has been cancelled after a warning from Western Australia (WA) Police.

Vegan who took neighbours to court threatens legal action for meat eaters' protest

Aussie vegan takes neighbours to court over the smell from barbecue

Opinion: I asked vegans a simple question. This is the response I got

More than 24,000 reportedly clicked attending to the event, which started in response to Carden's legal action against neighbours whose barbecue fumes wafted into her garden.

"They've put it there so I can smell fish; all I can smell is fish. I can't enjoy my backyard," she told 9 News on Monday.

Read more at: https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/lifestyle/2019/09/protest-against-australian-vegan-who-took-neighbours-to-court-over-bbq-cancelled.html

Repeating the story,

A Vegan took her neighbors to court over barbecue, saying she could smell the scent in her backyard.

So, a big barbecue was scheduled by the general public via facebook near her house.

But apparently, per this story, I did not know, the protest is now cancelled via advice from the police.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Boy, is it me or is the whole thing ridiculous?

Maybe it’s me.

I know a few vegans and they have no problem with my diet. And I don’t eat veal or a lot of meat.

We all have to live together.  You need to accept this. Maybe a compromise can happen before the police got involved.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 05:58:28 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️