Author Topic: The 10 counties that will decide the 2020 election  (Read 177 times)

Offline corbe

The 10 counties that will decide the 2020 election
« on: September 04, 2019, 01:28:54 pm »
The 10 counties that will decide the 2020 election

By Reid Wilson - 09/04/19 06:00 AM EDT

Three years after a presidential election that came down to 77,000 votes in three Midwestern battlegrounds, Democrats and Republicans are eyeing a much larger battlefield ahead of the 2020 contests, one that stretches from the picturesque coastline of rural Maine to the high desert of Arizona.

Both President Trump’s campaign and the Democrats vying to replace him are scrutinizing a political map in flux, one in which attitudes and alignments are shifting and new regions are coming into play.As many as a dozen states could be up for grabs next year as economic and international uncertainty pairs with a cauldron of domestic discontent in government.

Interviews with two dozen strategists, political scientists and observers show the 10 counties across the country that will determine the outcome of the 2020 presidential election.

The critical tipping points are as diverse as the American electorate. Some are suburban neighborhoods where both Trump and former President Obama won. Others are longtime Republican strongholds that show signs of slipping. Still others have voted Democratic since the New Deal, only to be broken by Trump’s historic campaign.

Here are the 10 counties that will determine whether Trump gets a second term:

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/459832-the-10-counties-that-will-decide-the-2020-election

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: The 10 counties that will decide the 2020 election
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 01:29:41 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 03:02:53 pm »

I'm surprised taht we didn't get any counties in Florida highlighted
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 03:10:03 pm »
I'm pretty sure Maricopa in AZ went Clinton in '16.  I've since moved away from there.

ETA:  I stand corrected:

In 2016, Trump beat Clinton in Maricopa County by just 3 percentage points, a slightly lower margin than his statewide edge. Only one Republican in recent history has won a statewide election without winning Maricopa County.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 03:12:03 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: