Author Topic: Chicago mayor clashes with Cruz over gun violence: ‘Keep our name out of your mouth’  (Read 2040 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

So I guess this is going to be the new Progressive narrative.  Blame the neighboring states for not having the same unconstitutional gun laws as we do.

California started it by blaming gun laws in Nevada for their recent shooting...now Lori Lightfoot is blaming Chi-raq's murder rates on Indiana.
The end game is to have a nation-wide ban, so that fits the narrative exactly.

Once that is in place, then the blame will shift to other countries.

The excuses will always change over time, as their solution is no solution at all.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Chicago's bloody Labor Day weekend sees at least 35 shot, 7 of them killed
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2019, 09:43:14 pm »
Well, as reported, those numbers for Chicago were trending way down...that's getting better.

That's not better...that's horrible!  BTW...67 homicides in April of 2019....up from 37 last year at the same time is NOT "trending down".

In 2019 so far...there have been at least 300 homicides and 1,600 people shot.  How is that "getting better"?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2019, 09:49:00 pm »
That's not better...that's horrible!  BTW...67 homicides in April of 2019....up from 37 last year at the same time is NOT "trending down".

In 2019 so far...there have been at least 300 homicides and 1,600 people shot.  How is that "getting better"?

Well, the press reports are better, that should count for something.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
From the article:

Curious as to where this mayor obtained her statistics.  Where I live, if I want an illegal firearm, all I have to do is see a guy who lives up the street.

I suspect her data is bogus.

And, I dare a "news" person to ask her - how many Chicago shooters have legally purchased a weapon?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mr. Cruz ought to respond to Ms. Lightfoot by saying that he is aware of her protestations, and... will INGORE them.

But... he won't.

(wondering what response she would get from Mr. Trump if she aimed similar remarks at him....?)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Mr. Cruz ought to respond to Ms. Lightfoot by saying that he is aware of her protestations, and... will INGORE them.

But... he won't.

(wondering what response she would get from Mr. Trump if she aimed similar remarks at him....?)

Cruz was a gentleman and told her...rightly so...that her anger was "misplaced".
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline roamer_1

Cruz was a gentleman and told her...rightly so...that her anger was "misplaced".

Yeah... Well Tumpy would call her a poopyhead, so that's better.  :whistle:

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Yeah... Well Tumpy would call her a poopyhead, so that's better.  :whistle:

Trump would say:

That Chicago mayor, who I was very nice to and called to congratulate, needs to pay attention to the murders of young Blacks on her streets.  Texas Ted is right, and is a very good friend of mine for a long time!

Offline roamer_1

Trump would say:

Right. and THEN he'd call her a poopyhead. And a fatso.

Offline mrclose

The left has made it clear that the Bill of Rights is immaterial in their tyrannical worldview.

@austingirl

It's not just the left!

I haven't heard one republican or one 'educated' Journalist or talking head like Hannity try to educate why ... every gun law ever passed is illegal!

Even so called Constitutional lawyers stay away from the subject!
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2019, 01:29:16 am »
40 people shot and 8 killed in a weekend in "getting better"?  Seriously?

Chicago has as many shot and killed in a weekend as were shot and killed in El Paso...Odessa and Dayton.  But it happens every weekend there.

How is that "getting better"?

How is a place like Baltimore...again a city with strict gun control and anti cop to boot...is approaching it's fourth or 5th year of 300+ homicides.

Is that "getting better" as well?

Well, it was a three day weekend.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
@austingirl

It's not just the left!

I haven't heard one republican or one 'educated' Journalist or talking head like Hannity try to educate why ... every gun law ever passed is illegal!

Even so called Constitutional lawyers stay away from the subject!

@mrclose
Sadly, you make a good point.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
From the article:

Curious as to where this mayor obtained her statistics.  Where I live, if I want an illegal firearm, all I have to do is see a guy who lives up the street.

I suspect her data is bogus.
Now we know where Chicagoans go to steal firearms. Watch out for out of state plates.... *look*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Face it, nobody wants to say it, but if you actually put young black drug pushing males in jail where they belong the rate would go way down. Until then, you are just whistling Dixie.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline goatprairie

And, I dare a "news" person to ask her - how many Chicago shooters have legally purchased a weapon?
As if that's the problem. I'll bet many people where I live have firearms that weren''t obtained "'legally." One of my friends got a gun from his father who was a policeman.
But we don't have driveby shootings or frequent acts of lethal violence like they do in some places around the U.S. It's the person and not the gun.

Offline verga

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2019, 01:02:24 pm »
Well, as reported, those numbers for Chicago were trending way down...that's getting better.
Because they're running out of people./SARC
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
As if that's the problem. I'll bet many people where I live have firearms that weren''t obtained "'legally." One of my friends got a gun from his father who was a policeman.
But we don't have driveby shootings or frequent acts of lethal violence like they do in some places around the U.S. It's the person and not the gun.

Are your friends Chicago shooters?  No?  Then they have nothing to do with this story.   :shrug:

Offline thackney

@goatprairie

What makes you think any of them didn't legally obtain their gun?  It is legal to sell or give a gun to another person unless you know, or have reasonable cause to believe, they legally can’t own one.

https://www.nssf.org/giving-a-firearm-as-a-gift-some-reminders-from-nssf/
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@goatprairie

What makes you think any of them didn't legally obtain their gun?  It is legal to sell or give a gun to another person unless you know, or have reasonable cause to believe, they legally can’t own one.

Doesn't IL require a license to buy a gun in the first place?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline goatprairie

Are your friends Chicago shooters?  No?  Then they have nothing to do with this story.   :shrug:
My point, which you missed, is that it isn't the gun, it's the shooter that is the problem.  :nono:

Offline goatprairie

@goatprairie

My point is that it isn't the gun that is the problem, it's the shooter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
My point, which you missed, is that it isn't the gun, it's the shooter that is the problem.  :nono:

My point is that the subject is "Chicago shooters", not your friends.  Did you miss that?

Offline thackney

Doesn't IL require a license to buy a gun in the first place?

They need a FOID card, Firearm Owners Identification.

https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/FOID.aspx
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They need a FOID card, Firearm Owners Identification.

https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/FOID.aspx

Can't buy Ammo without it either.  Damn IL Nazi state.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.