Author Topic: Barr has booked $30,000 holiday party at Trump's DC hotel: WaPo  (Read 1448 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Barr has booked $30,000 holiday party at Trump's DC hotel: WaPo
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2019, 04:38:55 pm »
Silly Story of the year.   *****rollingeyes*****

Naw, I rate this silly story a 5 out of 10.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2019, 04:43:45 pm »
George Conway even said the Wiping Post was out in the weeds.  If you've lost Kellyanne's asshat husband, you know you screwed the pooch.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2019, 04:58:04 pm »

Naw, I rate this silly story a 5 out of 10.

I would not quibble with your assessment of that, @kevindavis.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2019, 05:05:10 pm »
I would not quibble with your assessment of that, @kevindavis.

There is more to come.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2019, 05:09:42 pm »

There is more to come.

Ayup.  I have my industrial-sized corn-popper ready to go.   :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2019, 06:06:17 pm »
Why is this news? Seriously, it is his money he can spend it as he likes, where he likes.

True.  It's a non-story.  Must be a slow day in the newsroom. Or the newsies haven't made their quota of "bash Trump and/or his associates" stories for the week.

Look, I'm no fan of Trump or Barr, but the constant ginning up of phony controversies wears me out.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2019, 06:14:30 pm »
True.  It's a non-story.  Must be a slow day in the newsroom. Or the newsies haven't made their quota of "bash Trump and/or his associates" stories for the week.

Look, I'm no fan of Trump or Barr, but the constant ginning up of phony controversies wears me out.

It's driving people who are not big fans of Trump into the Trump camp.  This is because the Dems, both in politics and in the press, have an overblown perspective of their own abilities to move voters.  Gone are the days when a Walter Cronkite can single-handedly steer a war into a defeat.  His successor broke that string once and for all in 2004.
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2019, 08:22:41 pm »
I drove by that place last year on my way to VA Beach from Kentucky.  It's quite impressive.
It's the Grande Dame of resorts. Haven't stayed there, but have visited a few times and once attended a shareholders' meeting there. Excellent food, beautiful amenities. If money were no object, I'd love to play a round of golf.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2019, 09:27:27 pm »
It's the Grande Dame of resorts. Haven't stayed there, but have visited a few times and once attended a shareholders' meeting there. Excellent food, beautiful amenities. If money were no object, I'd love to play a round of golf.

You and me both!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2019, 10:27:18 pm »
You and me both!
Every time I've visited, I just stood there in silent admiration of the beauty of the golf course. It's stunning. But $300 or more for a round? Just can't do it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2019, 10:42:54 pm »
Many people aren’t aware that when Trump won he made an arrangement with the government that for any foreign state or related visitors to Trump International Hotel Washington, DC, Trump writes a check in that amount to the US treasury.

Best president evah!

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2019, 11:22:10 pm »
Who cares?  It's his money.

Good grief.  Exactly.  It's his money.  He can spend it as he so chooses.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline verga

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2019, 12:33:08 pm »
It's driving people who are not big fans of Trump into the Trump camp.  This is because the Dems, both in politics and in the press, have an overblown perspective of their own abilities to move voters.  Gone are the days when a Walter Cronkite can single-handedly steer a war into a defeat.  His successor broke that string once and for all in 2004.
People are looking at the divide in the Dem party and it is going to be a repeat of 196 all over again. The "moderates" and far lefitres will be at each other's throats and I only have one thing to say: Pass the popcorn  :2popcorn:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2019, 03:32:32 pm »

And what we're seeing is that the more ineffectual they become in steering people in one direction or another...the more they quit trying to pretend they are unbiased in their actions.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2019, 03:55:46 pm »
And what we're seeing is that the more ineffectual they become in steering people in one direction or another...the more they quit trying to pretend they are unbiased in their actions.

And in the end, this is all just wind in sails.  With the DoJ IG report on Comey out this morning, and the DoJ's announcement they won't prosecute him, the swamp's victory is complete.  They are now free to resume the politics of personal destruction against a sitting President they intend to defeat, with no more obstacles in their way.
I will NOT comply.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2019, 04:03:33 pm »
And in the end, this is all just wind in sails.  With the DoJ IG report on Comey out this morning, and the DoJ's announcement they won't prosecute him, the swamp's victory is complete.  They are now free to resume the politics of personal destruction against a sitting President they intend to defeat, with no more obstacles in their way.
with no more obstacles in their way?  American Patriots will Rise Up from their keyboards and and........

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2019, 04:17:58 pm »
with no more obstacles in their way?  American Patriots will Rise Up from their keyboards and and........

LOL.  No.  There's no longer any point in resisting the Swamp.  The American Experiment, begun in 1789, is over.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2019, 04:19:17 pm »
Now we know why Barr's planning a big party.  He's celebrating the Swamp's victory and upcoming Democrat President.  @EdJames
I will NOT comply.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2019, 05:21:36 pm »
Now we know why Barr's planning a big party.  He's celebrating the Swamp's victory and upcoming Democrat President.  @EdJames

I can't be that grim........ at least not yet!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2019, 05:27:21 pm »
I can't be that grim........ at least not yet!

Barr let Comey off today, for the second time, and Comey was low-hanging fruit.  I'm convinced nobody at all is going to be prosecuted.  I predicted this a few days ago, and I was correct.  The rule of law now only applies to us Proles, and not to our government betters. We're so screwed.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2019, 05:32:37 pm »

Let the record show:  Out lovable @Cyber Liberty is having a very bad day ... caught up in all types of rumors and intrigue.

Let the also record show:  This is why his post is flat-out wrong.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2019, 05:34:48 pm »
Barr has booked $30,000 holiday party at Trump's DC hotel: Hope they get the runs.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2019, 05:39:07 pm »
Let the record show:  Out lovable @Cyber Liberty is having a very bad day ... caught up in all types of rumors and intrigue.

Let the also record show:  This is why his post is flat-out wrong.

I wish, from the bottom of my heart, you are correct and I am not.  Bad day, indeed!  Every time I see the DoJ admit there was wrong doing, and then decline to prosecute, it's a Bad Day.   I've been expecting this since I read the story over the weekend the career Prosecutor tasked with processing the conclusions of the Horowitz IG Report punted it and referred it back up to Barr.

If I am correct, then McCabe, Brennan, Clapper and Strozk will also get off scot-free.  Stozk will get his job back (with back pay) and McCabe cashes in on his newly restored Pension.

It's a bad day, you bet, but it's not just my bad day.
I will NOT comply.