Author Topic: Workplace bias: 1-in-5 managers won’t hire pro-Trump workers  (Read 1274 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Workplace bias: 1-in-5 managers won’t hire pro-Trump workers
by Paul Bedard
 | August 19, 2019 11:41 AM

American workers who like President Trump face sweeping bias against them, with some managers refusing to hire his supporters and those already employed facing discrimination and mockery, according to a new study.

In a survey of hiring managers and workers shared with Secrets, the marketing firm Airtasker found that left-leaning firms are especially anti-Trump, with 20% vowing to reject a job candidate who backs the president.

And those who support Trump and who are already in the workplace face substantial mockery, including name-calling. The survey listed the responses to several examples of what pro-Trump workers face:

28%, joking about them.
    23%, overly critical of them.
    21%, being dismissive of them.
    11% facing name calling.

The survey found that even more than Trump, a job candidate’s view on race and gender politics will help, or hurt, their chances of getting a job.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/workplace-bias-1-in-5-managers-wont-hire-pro-trump-workers
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Workplace bias: 1-in-5 managers won’t hire pro-Trump workers
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 10:42:27 pm »
There are topics not fit for coworker consumption, politics is one of them.  I worked with a gal for over 20 years, and now that we're both retired she found out I'm a conservative.

My standard work procedure was to find all the coworkers on Bookface, then ban them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 11:07:16 pm »
There are topics not fit for coworker consumption, politics is one of them.  I worked with a gal for over 20 years, and now that we're both retired she found out I'm a conservative.

My standard work procedure was to find all the coworkers on Bookface, then ban them.

IMO, politics and religion are definite no-nos in the workplace.

ETA it should not be inferred that 80% of managers prefer pro-Trump workers.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 11:09:47 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 11:29:50 pm »
I agree,  no politics at work.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 11:34:41 pm »
IMO, politics and religion are definite no-nos in the workplace.

ETA it should not be inferred that 80% of managers prefer pro-Trump workers.

More likely it's 80% of job applications know better than to discuss it at all.  It grieves me there are 20% who do it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 11:48:37 pm »
I agree,  no politics at work.

Are they considering social media searches during the interview process? 

Or, are we talking about Trump supporters yelling "MAGA BABY!" at the coffee machine?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 11:51:58 pm »

Or, are we talking about Trump supporters yelling "MAGA BABY!" at the coffee machine?

You aren't supposed to ask questions like that as it blows the meme.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 11:53:25 pm »
You aren't supposed to ask questions like that as it blows the meme.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2019, 11:53:34 pm »
Hopefully those moronic manglers learn the hard way why discrimination like that is self-sabotage ... with the lesson being taught by their least favorite competitors.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2019, 12:02:28 am »

Good question.  I really doubt it's the latter, though, because Trump supporters have gotten used to keeping inconspicuous to avoid having their cars keyed and being beaten up.  Want to know something interesting I've noticed about the red caps people wear?  They all look brand new, and it's not because Trump supporters are fastidious about caring for them, but because they don't wear them day-to-day to keep from being bashed in the head from behind.

As a former job applicant, the last gamble I'd like to make would be to mention politics.  I'd talk about drinking or drugging on the job before I would talk about politics.
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2019, 12:09:38 am »
Saw the same thing in reverse with Obama. Some Obama supports were raging fanatics.
When you walk into a hiring manager's office or a conference room and there is a huge poster of Obama on the wall, that's a pretty clear message as to how to score points during the interview.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2019, 12:12:21 am »

Good question.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2019, 02:15:45 am »
My social media will not give you any idea as to my politics.  I don't really have a social media presence. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2019, 02:18:33 am »
My social media will not give you any idea as to my politics.  I don't really have a social media presence.

Mine will tell you about my politics immediately but I am no longer in the workforce.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2019, 02:29:40 am »
What do you call this site?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2019, 02:31:34 am »

Is this social media?  I tend to think of Facebook and Instagram as social media. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2019, 02:46:04 am »
I believe that Trump supporters, may not be entirely forthright, if polled or questioned by strangers.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2019, 03:51:44 am »
Is this social media?  I tend to think of Facebook and Instagram as social media.

A good question!  I think technically we are, in which case I'll never work in this town again....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2019, 05:49:43 am »
in which case I'll never work in this town again....

:silly:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2019, 08:49:28 am »
Where is this at?
Here they fly 3X5 Trump flags on the back of their pickups. (Usually with an American flag).

But this is oil and farming/ranching country.

Unless you're a teacher,  or just bought the car from one, the old Obama stickers are the likely 'not getting the job' indicator here.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2019, 12:44:39 pm »
Do you believe Mr. Webster?

Definition of social media. : forms of electronic communication (such as websites for social networking and microblogging) through which users create online communities to share information, ideas, personal messages, and other content
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2019, 01:31:25 pm »
Do you believe Mr. Webster?

Definition of social media. : forms of electronic communication (such as websites for social networking and microblogging) through which users create online communities to share information, ideas, personal messages, and other content

OK, then.   Still, unless I ever apply for a job under "Sanguine" my political views are probably still private. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2019, 02:44:36 pm »
OK, then.   Still, unless I ever apply for a job under "Sanguine" my political views are probably still private.

There was a trend where employers would demand access to your accounts (maybe still do), at which time I would remind them that the interview process is a two-sided thing and they failed their half, and "good-bye."

I simply cannot allow an employer to have access to an Administrator account.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2019, 02:49:46 pm »
There was a trend where employers would demand access to your accounts (maybe still do), at which time I would remind them that the interview process is a two-sided thing and they failed their half, and "good-bye."

I simply cannot allow an employer to have access to an Administrator account.

Quite right.  And, how would they every know that I post on some political forums under my "conservative name"?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Workplace bias: 1-in-5 managers won’t hire pro-Trum p workers
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2019, 03:39:32 pm »
Quite right.  And, how would they every know that I post on some political forums under my "conservative name"?

They will tell you failure to disclose your accounts and passwords is a fireable offense if they ever find out (it will be written in your employment agreement).  That's why I would beat them to the punch by refusing to sell my talents to them.  Of course, that's easy for me to say now that I am safely retired.   :tongue2:
I will NOT comply.