Author Topic: Williamson vows to rescind military medals, remove Andrew Jackson's Oval Office portrait in ‘atoneme  (Read 2528 times)

Online Hoodat

No sales tax, but they charge a premium for uncut sheets.  I paid the Bureau of Engraving and Printing $1,800 for that sheet of 16 notes.

Ah, the pitfalls of monopolistic pricing.  Kind of like the government taking over the student loan business and then tripling interest rates.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Ah, the pitfalls of monopolistic pricing.  Kind of like the government taking over the student loan business and then tripling interest rates.

A necessary monopoly.  I don't think I'd like to see the printing of notes and the coining of change being done by multiple contractors.  There is too much money to be made counterfeiting.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

A necessary monopoly.  I don't think I'd like to see the printing of notes and the coining of change being done by multiple contractors.  There is too much money to be made counterfeiting.

Every counterfeiter in the world put together couldn't come close to matching the bogus cash coming from the Fed.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

That shit runs when wet...just like currency in Nazi Germany.

It's the anti-counterfeit strip that's the hard part... If you look and it says 'Hershey's'...

Offline roamer_1

Every counterfeiter in the world put together couldn't come close to matching the bogus cash coming from the Fed.

QFT

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's the anti-counterfeit strip that's the hard part... If you look and it says 'Hershey's'...

I keep a black light flashlight next to my display of 7 sheets, just to see that... :laugh:

(The strips are not in the lowest denomination currencies, like $1, $2 and $5.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

I keep a black light flashlight next to my display of 7 sheets, just to see that... :laugh:

(The strips are not in the lowest denomination currencies, like $1, $2 and $5.)

I think they start with the 20's, right?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Then there's that, but as long as the "full faith and credit legal tender" part is still an operative fiction, there's profit in counterfeiting.
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

lol

I have pulled the threads out before purely for my own entertainment.  The bills were still accepted as good currency even with those threads missing.  Of course none of this really matters since the old-style bills are still good.  Counterfeiters don't have to duplicate the new bills.  They can still duplicate the old ones (threadless with small portraits).  This is the part that I never understood.

If the Treasury wanted to play smart and do it right, they would announce a currency exchange and declare old $100 bills to be worthless by a certain date.  Anyone holding old bills would have 180 days to convert to the new bills at a bank.  It would put quite a damper on the underground economy.   When Joe Drug Dealer shows up at the bank with a few hundred thousand in old $100 bills, he would be activating an audit from the IRS.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I just looked, and I have to correct myself.  $10s and $5s have the security strip.  The ones in the higher denominations like the $20 have a different style of strips.  The Hundreds and Fifties have the most complex security measures of all...holographic ink, water marks, micro-printing etc.  Holographic ink is on $20 and above.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
lol

I have pulled the threads out before purely for my own entertainment.  The bills were still accepted as good currency even with those threads missing.  Of course none of this really matters since the old-style bills are still good.  Counterfeiters don't have to duplicate the new bills.  They can still duplicate the old ones (threadless with small portraits).  This is the part that I never understood.

If the Treasury wanted to play smart and do it right, they would announce a currency exchange and declare old $100 bills to be worthless by a certain date.  Anyone holding old bills would have 180 days to convert to the new bills at a bank.  It would put quite a damper on the underground economy.   When Joe Drug Dealer shows up at the bank with a few hundred thousand in old $100 bills, he would be activating an audit from the IRS.

I'd like to know how you pulled those out, they're embedded in the "rag-paper."
I will NOT comply.

Offline conservativevoter

@NightHidesNot

Texas still got the best of the Yankees when they won the last battle, though!

Don't y'all forget Abe Bryan when the fight at Gettysburg stopped at his front door.   :patriot:

Online Hoodat

I'd like to know how you pulled those out, they're embedded in the "rag-paper."

The thread is held in between two paper sheets.  Make a small tear at the paper edge where the thread ends and expose it.  Then either with your finger tips or tweezers, grab the end of the thread and pull.  It will come lose from the other end and pull right through the paper sheets.

(Note:  This was years ago in a former business life before I decided to enroll in the North Avenue Trade School during the Bush II years.  Don't hardly ever use cash any more.)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 06:27:04 pm by Hoodat »

Offline roamer_1

lol

I have pulled the threads out before purely for my own entertainment. 

Yeah, me too.  :laugh:

The bills were still accepted as good currency even with those threads missing.  Of course none of this really matters since the old-style bills are still good.  Counterfeiters don't have to duplicate the new bills.  They can still duplicate the old ones (threadless with small portraits).  This is the part that I never understood.

Kinda tough to get it done, I guess... I wonder how many DC bribes are in old bills?
Dunno jussayin...  :shrug:

Online Hoodat

I have also been known to write the word 'IDIOT →' on the front of bills with an arrow pointing at Larry Summers name on those bills having such Treasury Secretary designation.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I have also been known to write the word 'IDIOT →' on the front of bills with an arrow pointing at Larry Summers name on those bills having such Treasury Secretary designation.

I will NOT comply.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

No sales tax, but they charge a premium for uncut sheets.  I paid the Bureau of Engraving and Printing $1,800 for that sheet of 16 notes.

The Feral Govt charged you a premium for an unfinished job?  I am shocked.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I'd take a $200 capital "gains" loss.  I'm sure they wouldn't like it, but that's a capital loss by definition.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The Feral Govt charged you a premium for an unfinished job?  I am shocked.

It's a job left unfinished deliberately, and it adds to the value of cash that won't be distributed (spent).  But I suppose it could be if I got desperate and had a pair of scissors.  The face value of all the sheets I have is $3,008.  I've paid more for art.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

But I suppose it could be if I got desperate and had a pair of scissors.

Dairy Queen... DQ Sammich and a chocolate shake... I could be desperate enough.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The Indians didn't just spring up out of the North American soil, they came here from somewhere else just like the Europeans. Indians were not the wonderful wise stewards of the land history is whitewashed with. They roved in part because they used up what was around them, they also killed Buffalo en mass by running them over cliffs when they could, they killed other tribes and enslaved them over territory. Were whites really the first slave owners? I think not. :pondering:

You usually find this sort of historical revision only in dictatorships and communist countries, interesting how it seems it's always democrats that want to revise history in America.

Yep, everything from torture to ritual cannibalism are ignored. My wife's people were known for being able to keep a man alive for a week is seriously degraded (and frankly, unsurvivable) condition.
The biggest reason the plains people tended to be migratory was that game became sparse and campsites became fouled after a bit, and moving was healthier. A friend did find an area where there were plants (edible tubers, fruit, berries) all grown in distinct patches, so that no matter when someone came through from mid spring to late summer and first frost, there would be something to eat. While he only found one, I would wager more of these 'gardens' were scattered across the landscape along paths of movement. What hasn't fallen to the plow or development otherwise might make an interesting botany/archaeology thesis, if those areas could be found.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Nope, the tens and fives have them, too (and a watermark).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 12:05:55 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

My wife's people were known for being able to keep a man alive for a week is seriously degraded (and frankly, unsurvivable) condition.

When the early Jesuit fathers preached to Hurons and Choctaws,
They prayed to be delivered from the vengeance of the squaws.
'Twas the women, not the warriors, turned those stark enthusiasts pale.
For the female of the species is more deadly than the male.

[...]

Scientific vivisection of one nerve till it is raw
And the victim writhes in anguish—like the Jesuit with the squaw!

Rudyard Kipling - The Female of the Species
http://www.potw.org/archive/potw96.html

I would wager more of these 'gardens' were scattered across the landscape along paths of movement. What hasn't fallen to the plow or development otherwise might make an interesting botany/archaeology thesis, if those areas could be found.

That would be a fun project - Though I wonder whether one could bifurcate native 'gardens' from the residue of the gardens of early settlers...  :pondering:

Offline roamer_1

Nope, the tens and fives have them, too (and a watermark).

Yep. I hadn't really paid attention  :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

When the early Jesuit fathers preached to Hurons and Choctaws,
They prayed to be delivered from the vengeance of the squaws.
'Twas the women, not the warriors, turned those stark enthusiasts pale.
For the female of the species is more deadly than the male.

[...]

Scientific vivisection of one nerve till it is raw
And the victim writhes in anguish—like the Jesuit with the squaw!

Rudyard Kipling - The Female of the Species
http://www.potw.org/archive/potw96.html

True enough. It was the women who were the real torture experts.
That would be a fun project - Though I wonder whether one could bifurcate native 'gardens' from the residue of the gardens of early settlers...  :pondering:

I think so. The 'native garden area' was all wild plants indigenous to the area, but out of the way, in a coulee with some water through most of the summer.  I would think settlers left some there because they could benefit from that, too, and I'd just about bet on some medicinal plants near there growing wild, too.

C S Lewis