Author Topic: The Media Crossed a Line This Week and There’s No Going Back  (Read 237 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Media Crossed a Line This Week and There’s No Going Back

Posted at 8:00 pm on August 7, 2019 by Bonchie

This has been one of the most hectic and disturbing news cycles I can remember.

It started off with three mass shootings within a 24 hour period, one in El Paso, one in Dayton, and one in Chicago. Because the latter two didn’t fit the narrative, they were essentially memory-holed right away. I don’t think the shooting in Chicago even made national news for the most part.

While acts of evil are distressing enough, it was the response to those shootings which has brought such a unique dread to the public sphere. Bad things have happened throughout our history, but the venom with which one side is attacking the other over things they had nothing to do with has reached a new level in the modern era. It really does feel like we are coming apart at the seams, with near majorities of the country being accused of “white supremacy” by some major figures simply for supporting a politician.

more
https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2019/08/07/media-crossed-line-week-theres-no-going-back/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: The Media Crossed a Line This Week and There’s No Going Back
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 08:54:55 pm »
Good piece.  He's right.  I don't know that it's ever been that bad, and considering the news media, that was low bar to start with.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Re: The Media Crossed a Line This Week and There’s No Going Back
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 09:08:57 pm »
It looks like desperation.... 

I suspect that they realize that their can'tidates pretty much suck, and nothing seems to be working against Trump (they have internal polls that give them a more accurate version of what is going on)...

Successfully got a whole slew of bad stories out of the way this weekend, but they can't count on that for the next 15 months....

We are watching the Dem politicians and the media try to "one up" each other in the outrageous acts and statements.... 

It would be comical if it wasn't so dang dangerous....

**nononono*