Author Topic: It's No Longer about Equality  (Read 5962 times)

rangerrebew

It's No Longer about Equality
« on: July 29, 2019, 12:12:20 pm »
July 29, 2019
It's No Longer about Equality
By Jeffrey Folks

The Squad is offended because someone finally talked back.  Even after some foul-mouthed attacks on the president of the United States, the Squad members thought they should be immune to criticism.  That's the problem: not the president's pushback, but the Squad's apparent belief that, because it comprises "people of color," those people are immune to the rules that apply to everyone else.

That, unfortunately, has been the assumption for too long now.  Minorities achieved legal equality in the 1960s, and they proceeded to claim the equivalent of reparations in the form of affirmative action, minority set-asides, preferential admissions based on race, and thousands of informal arrangements in the workplace granting preference in terms of evaluations and workload.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/07/its_no_longer_about_equality.html

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: It's No Longer about Equality
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 04:57:17 pm »
It's never been about "equality," it's been about "superiority."  Getting the upper hand, putting one over on "the man."  A quote I often use applies here:  The slave toiling under the lash does not yearn for freedom, he yearns to wield the lash.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 05:03:27 pm »
It's never been about "equality," it's been about "superiority."  Getting the upper hand, putting one over on "the man."  A quote I often use applies here:  The slave toiling under the lash does not yearn for freedom, he yearns to wield the lash.

Absolutely true. The same applies to other grievance groups - LGBT, feminists, all of 'em. They all see our society as a fat pigeon their's for the plucking. And they're not wrong.

Folks had better wake up.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 05:20:54 pm »

That's certainly true for some, but it's clearly not true for everyone.  Otherwise, it puts the slave getting whipped on the same moral plane as the one doing the whipping, which seems rather perverse.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 05:24:37 pm »
It never was.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 05:25:44 pm »
That's certainly true for some, but it's clearly not true for everyone.  Otherwise, it puts the slave getting whipped on the same moral plane as the one doing the whipping, which seems rather perverse.

Very true...there are Martin Luther Kings out there, along with the Al Sharptons.  Would you not say the constituents of the race hustlers are, in fact, trying to wield a lash?  I'd certainly agree that they are at the same moral level as the former wielders, and yes, it's perverse.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline fayec

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 06:41:54 pm »

Absolutely true.  As for African Americans, their exaltation was clearly foretold in the Bible; in Daniel, and Revelation, and in 2nd Thessalonians, chapter 2.

Offline fayec

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2019, 07:18:29 pm »
Very true...there are Martin Luther Kings out there, along with the Al Sharptons.  Would you not say the constituents of the race hustlers are, in fact, trying to wield a lash?  I'd certainly agree that they are at the same moral level as the former wielders, and yes, it's perverse.

In one of his many speeches before the blacks in the 1060's, King made a prophetic statement to the Bible belt white Christians which has clearly came to fruition.  He said,

"We will wear you down by our capacity to suffer. And in winning our freedom, we will so appeal to your heart and conscience that we will win you in the process."

So too was it written about them in Daniel 7:25,26 which says,

"And he shall wear out the saints of the most high, and think to change times and laws.....and they shall take away his dominion (dominion of the white Americans), to consume and to destroy it into the end."

« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 07:21:33 pm by fayec »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2019, 08:55:43 pm »
In one of his many speeches before the blacks in the 1060's, King made a prophetic statement to the Bible belt white Christians which has clearly came to fruition.  He said,

"We will wear you down by our capacity to suffer. And in winning our freedom, we will so appeal to your heart and conscience that we will win you in the process."

"And he shall wear out the saints of the most high, and think to change times and laws.....and they shall take away his dominion (dominion of the white Americans), to consume and to destroy it into the end."

Not to worry; while King was correct for the most part, none of us are saints so I doubt the bit in Daniel applies to any of us.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2019, 09:33:05 pm »
I remember watching a video  on YT of Louis CK doing a bit about what will happen when minorities, basically blacks and Hispanics, are in the majority in twenty/thirty years.
He was laughing about the  ordeal whites would be going through when supposedly blacks and Hispanics had the upper hand as it were. Many people in the audience were laughing too I guess agreeing with CK that white people were finally going to get what was coming to them in the form of some punishment not specified...maybe physical.
Do these people really believe that once whites are in the minority, population-wise, they would sit back and just take abuse or whatever from non-whites for the sins of their, the whites, ancestors?
There will be a lot of blood shed before that happens. Nobody is allowed to punish people who look like people who did their ancestors wrong. We don't punish people for what their ancestors did.
Louis CK is a moron.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2019, 10:17:21 pm »
If it was about equality, everyone has potential to be a racist.

Proof it is not about equality is when only whites can be racist.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Absalom

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2019, 10:27:15 pm »
An observation.
The words of some well meaning posters give the impression 
that, subconsciously, they have a degree of guilt about slavery.
Suggest they shed any guilt.
Jeremy Black, Professor of History @ Exeter University, who
wrote "Slavery", identified it as a system homegrown in Africa.
The Continent was plagued by chronic tribal warfare much earlier
than Carthage and at that time prisoners of war were executed
until an enterprising Chief grasped that there was a buck to be
made from live prisoners; giving birth to the slave trade.
By the 8th century it had become a thriving business and
the bus drivers to the markets and ports were, guess who?
Why the Arab Corsairs who sailed the East African Coast!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 06:16:38 pm by Absalom »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2019, 10:32:00 pm »
An observation.
than Carthage and at that time prisoners were executed until an
enterprising Chief grasped that there was a buck to be made from
live prisoners; giving birth to the slave trade.
By the 10th century it had become a thriving business and

...to the shores of Tripoli...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2019, 10:43:45 pm »
An observation.
Muslim countries are the chief importers of Black slave labor from Africa today.
The Left wants you to believe that slavery was only done in America and nowhere else.
This is a lie. Slavery is ongoing, now, today, not two hundred years ago.
But the people who own slaves today are Black Africans, Muslims, and Asians.
So the Left refuses to touch it.
Slavery is only a bad thing when White people do it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2019, 01:05:35 am »
"It's No Longer about Equality..."

Actually, it never really was.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2019, 01:13:34 am »

No, that happened long ago... Long before America.

Offline fayec

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2019, 12:39:52 pm »
Not to worry; while King was correct for the most part, none of us are saints so I doubt the bit in Daniel applies to any of us.

Up until the late 1950's Christian Europeans had always been 85-90 percent of America's population. 
When Daniel forecasted that particular prophecy about them three thousand years ago, instead of using the term "Christians" to describe them he used the term "saints", for the obvious reason of which I shouldn't have to explain to you.

Offline fayec

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2019, 01:03:12 pm »
An observation.

Yes....If African Americans want to lay the blame on someone, they should blame  fellow Africans for selling their people into slavery to the white man.  They'll never do it because it profits them more to blame Whitie!

I sometimes wonder if they're all that upset about past slavery anyways. Surely they realize that, if the Africans had not come here in slave ships there's a good chance there wouldn't be any "African Americans" today.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 01:07:34 pm by fayec »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2019, 01:45:21 pm »

Up until the late 1950's Christian Europeans had always been 85-90 percent of America's population. 
When Daniel forecasted that particular prophecy about them three thousand years ago, instead of using the term "Christians" to describe them he used the term "saints", for the obvious reason of which I shouldn't have to explain to you.

Huh, Daniel made a prediction about black Americans in America fighting for de facto equality?  Pretty amazing.

Oh, and I dunno about you, but my family hasn't been "European" for hundreds of years.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2019, 01:48:33 pm »
Yes....If African Americans want to lay the blame on someone, they should blame  fellow Africans for selling their people into slavery to the white man. They'll never do it because it profits them more to blame Whitie!

Well, that and the fact that "Whitie" participated in the slave trade business too.

I sometimes wonder if they're all that upset about past slavery anyways. Surely they realize that, if the Africans had not come here in slave ships there's a good chance there wouldn't be any "African Americans" today.

Good grief.  That's not a very good excuse for mercantile slavery. 

Maybe this one isn't your best topic.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2019, 03:31:26 pm »
Well, that and the fact that "Whitie" participated in the slave trade business too.

Good grief.  That's not a very good excuse for mercantile slavery. 

Maybe this one isn't your best topic.
One of the Laws of Unintended Consequences is that many people, not just blacks whose ancestors were slaves, live better lives today because of bad things that happened to their ancestors.
Many Irish left Ireland during and immediately after The Potato Famine of the mid 1800s where are a million or so Irish starved to death. It was a grim thing to drive around Ireland like the wife and I did ten years ago and look at the "famine houses" one of which was across the road from one of our b and bs. After the potato crop failed, the Irish peasants who couldn't pay their rent were evicted from their houses and left to starve outdoors.  The roofs of their houses were torn down so they couldn't move back in. All that was left were stone walls.
It didn't have to be that bad. While the Irish peasants were starving to death, beef was shipped across the channel from Ireland to England under contract. A number of Irish had a little money saved and were able to gain transport across the ocean to America to start new lives. Many died crossing the ocean packed like sardines in "coffin ships."
But are you going to tell some Irish-American that they should grouse and complain constantly because their ancestors suffered horribly? Well no. The Irish citizens today live far better lives than their  ancestors. But I doubt you could convince many Americans of Irish descent (including me) that they should move back to Ireland.
We can't change what happened in the past, and even if we called things like slavery what they were, great evils, it won't change the past either.
The sad fact is most American blacks lives far better lives than their kinfolk back in Africa. By far.
What is the point of whining about what happened hundreds of years ago when it won't change anything?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2019, 03:34:50 pm »
Should have picked our own damned cotton.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2019, 03:48:27 pm »
One of the Laws of Unintended Consequences is that many people, not just blacks whose ancestors were slaves, live better lives today because of bad things that happened to their ancestors.
Many Irish left Ireland during and immediately after The Potato Famine of the mid 1800s where are a million or so Irish starved to death. It was a grim thing to drive around Ireland like the wife and I did ten years ago and look at the "famine houses" one of which was across the road from one of our b and bs. After the potato crop failed, the Irish peasants who couldn't pay their rent were evicted from their houses and left to starve outdoors.  The roofs of their houses were torn down so they couldn't move back in. All that was left were stone walls.
It didn't have to be that bad. While the Irish peasants were starving to death, beef was shipped across the channel from Ireland to England under contract. A number of Irish had a little money saved and were able to gain transport across the ocean to America to start new lives. Many died crossing the ocean packed like sardines in "coffin ships."
But are you going to tell some Irish-American that they should grouse and complain constantly because their ancestors suffered horribly? Well no. The Irish citizens today live far better lives than their  ancestors. But I doubt you could convince many Americans of Irish descent (including me) that they should move back to Ireland.
We can't change what happened in the past, and even if we called things like slavery what they were, great evils, it won't change the past either.
The sad fact is most American blacks lives far better lives than their kinfolk back in Africa. By far.
What is the point of whining about what happened hundreds of years ago when it won't change anything?

There is no point in whining about things that happened to other people long dead.  That wasn't the point.  Likewise the attempt to excuse slavery by saying that their ancestors are better off than they might have been is not a good argument.  Slavery is/was bad.  Americans live better lives than their ancestors did by and large.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2019, 04:01:24 pm »
There is no point in whining about things that happened to other people long dead.  That wasn't the point.  Likewise the attempt to excuse slavery by saying that their ancestors are better off than they might have been is not a good argument.  Slavery is/was bad.  Americans live better lives than their ancestors did by and large.
Then you missed my point. American blacks are definitely better off because their ancestors were slaves.
The idea that out of something evil, something good can come is hard to grasp for many people. Nevertheless, American blacks are far better off than their kinfolk in Africa.  That there are not many American blacks moving back to Africa should tell you something. Far more African blacks move to America to escape Africa.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2019, 04:01:56 pm »
Then you missed my point. American blacks are definitely better off because their ancestors were slaves.
The idea that out of something evil, something good can come is hard to grasp for many people. Nevertheless, American blacks are far better off than their kinfolk in Africa.  That there are not many American blacks moving back to Africa should tell you something. Far more African blacks move to America to escape Africa.

Nope.  You missed my point.