Author Topic: UPDATED: CNN editor praised murder of ‘Jewish pigs’ in terrorist attack on Israeli bus  (Read 352 times)

rangerrebew

UPDATED: CNN editor praised murder of ‘Jewish pigs’ in terrorist attack on Israeli bus
by John Gage
, Mike Brest, & Jerry Dunleavy
 | July 25, 2019 06:06 PM
 | Updated Jul 26, 2019, 12:52 PM

Social media posts from years ago by a CNN photo editor and writer reveal that he called Jews "pigs" and praised their deaths.

In a 2011 tweet, Mohammed Elshamy, 25, wrote, "More than 4 jewish pigs killed in #Jerusalem today by the Palestinian bomb explode. #Israel #Gaza." Elshamy joined CNN in January 2019.

The tweet was an apparent reference to the March 23, 2011 bombing of a crowded Jerusalem bus stop that injured 39 people and killed two, not four. Among them was a 14-year-old girl who remained unconscious in the hospital for six years until her death in 2017.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/cnn-photo-editor-called-jews-pigs-and-praised-their-deaths-in-old-tweets

Offline skeeter

Too bad about these tweets - he's got the prerequisite attitude for employment at CNN.

Offline PeteS in CA

FWIW:

UPDATE: CNN told the Washington Examiner on Thursday evening that "the network has accepted the resignation of a photo editor, who joined CNN earlier this year, after anti-Semitic statements he’d made in 2011 came to light. CNN is committed to maintaining a workplace in which every employee feels safe, secure and free from discrimination regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation or religion."

SECOND UPDATE: Elshamy released a statement on Friday that reads:
“Yesterday, tweets that I made in 2011 resurfaced in which I made offensive and hateful comments. I want to unequivocally express my apology to everyone, especially those in the Jewish community, who were offended by the tweets. I also want to apologize to my family, friends, and mentors who I am ashamed to have let down in this way. These views, which I posted when I was 16, are ones I no longer hold and have not held for many years,” Nor do they represent the values I carry in my professional career ...

His apologetic noises are better than the common perfunctory Oh @#$%, I got caught! non-apology "apologies", but were I in the "news" business I sure as Hades would not let him near anything having to do with the Middle East.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.