Author Topic: Costco Bows Down to Sharia Law – They’ve Officially Gone TOO FAR!  (Read 1062 times)

rangerrebew

Costco Bows Down to Sharia Law – They’ve Officially Gone TOO FAR!
Emmanuel Emmanuel July 24, 2019   

A man reported a controversial trip to Costco.
When he arrived at refrigerated section of the store to choose some cuts of meat for the family, he spotted chicken breasts that were already boneless and vacuum sealed.

Americannews:

He was about to purchase the chicken, when he saw a sign that read “Certified Halal.” Instantly, the man was offended. Halal is the term that means that the meat is lawful to eat for a devout Muslim, but it differs vastly from terms like “Kosher” and here’s why.

For lawful meat in Islam, the animal must be killed while the butcher faces Mecca, and either the butcher cries “Allah Akbar” or a tape plays the words over the loud speaker. The process is one of idol worship.

According to the man, serving the meat in the store is an attempt to force American communities to submit to Sharia law.

http://threepercenternation.com/2019/07/costco-bows-down-to-sharia-law-theyve-officially-gone-too-far/

Bill Cipher

Then go buy your meat someplace else.  This is a stupid thing to complain about. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Then go buy your meat someplace else.  This is a stupid thing to complain about.

Did you read the article?

Offline skeeter

You're half right. Non muslims need to buy their meat elsewhere.

Bill Cipher

Did you read the article?

I read enough of it.  So Costco has figured out that it can make more money selling products muslims will buy.  That’s a cold-cash business decision, not “bowing down” to sharia. 

It’s as idiotic as those numbskulls who maintain that companies like Coca-cola are imposing a super-secret Jewish tax on non-Jews because they pay a rabbi to certify their products as acceptable under the kosher laws. 

And the only real response is: if’n you don’t like it, buy your chicken elsewhere. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

It is both a stupid and bigoted thing to complain about.   My local supermarket has a whole section devoted to kosher foods, as a significant portion of their customer base is Jewish.   To complain about kosher foods being offered for sale in a supermarket as "forcing" Americans to submit to the "minority" requirements of Jewish dietary law would be easily denounced by most as bigoted. 

Same goes here.   Buy your meat elsewhere, ass.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I read enough of it.  So Costco has figured out that it can make more money selling products muslims will buy.  That’s a cold-cash business decision, not “bowing down” to sharia. 

It’s as idiotic as those numbskulls who maintain that companies like Coca-cola are imposing a super-secret Jewish tax on non-Jews because they pay a rabbi to certify their products as acceptable under the kosher laws. 

And the only real response is: if’n you don’t like it, buy your chicken elsewhere.

OK.  My take-away was that halal costs more and by insisting that retailers sell halal they are increasing the price of meat overall and passing the costs on to consumers. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It is both a stupid and bigoted thing to complain about.   My local supermarket has a whole section devoted to kosher foods, as a significant portion of their customer base is Jewish.   To complain about kosher foods being offered for sale in a supermarket as "forcing" Americans to submit to the "minority" requirements of Jewish dietary law would be easily denounced by most as bigoted. 

You blew your entire argument at the 7th word.  Your attempt at moral superiority is pathetic.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
OK.  My take-away was that halal costs more and by insisting that retailers sell halal they are increasing the price of meat overall and passing the costs on to consumers.

Just think of it as your Dhimmi tax....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

Islam is aggressively parasitic and a violently expansionist theology where Judaism is not. It's silly & shallow to call those concerned about its influence bigoted.

Having said that the best response is to shop elsewhere.

Bill Cipher

Again, if you don’t like it, buy elsewhere.  If it cuts down sales enough, the companies will respond in kind.

Otherwise, that’s the same specious argument the anti-Semites make about the Jewish kosher “tax”. 

In fact, it’s the same as a company that decides it will make more money overall if it goes “organic” on all its products - that raises prices for everyone, including people who don’t care about organic. 

In fact, the same thing happens with the FDA rules, and even OSHA rules that apply to meat processing plants.  They all raise prices. 

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

I noticed that aspect as well.  It doesn't seem that they contain those costs to the particular products that are incurring those costs.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

You didn't read the article either.   :nono:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This guy sounds like a complete ass to me.  Here's what he said:

According to the man, serving the meat in the store is an attempt to force American communities to submit to Sharia law.

That's just plain stupid.  Now, if his complaint had been "halal-certified foods cost more to product, but Costco is pricing them the same so the rest of us are subsidizing that", I'd say he had a point.  But his complaint doesn't mention cost or price at all, and Briefers raising that as a potential issue are adding something to the article -- and his argument -- that simply isn't there.  Nor does the article say anywhere that all the food at Costco has been "certified Halal", or that he couldn't have bought "non-halal" chicken. 

He's not complaining about subsidizing foods for Muslims, or that everyone is forced to by halal chicken -- he's complaining about "serving" those foods at all.  So yeah -- I'd agree with @Jazzhead that he is bigoted.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 03:01:31 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Islam is aggressively parasitic and a violently expansionist theology where Judaism is not. It's silly & shallow to call those concerned about its influence bigoted.

Nicely done @skeeter  888high58888
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
This guy sounds like a complete ass to me.  Here's what he said:

That's just plain stupid.  Now, if his complaint had been "halal-certified foods cost more to product, but Costco is pricing them the same so the rest of us are subsidizing that", I'd say he had a point.  But his complaint doesn't mention cost or price at all, and Briefers raising that as a potential issue are adding something to the article -- and his argument -- that simply isn't there.  Nor does the article say anywhere that all the food at Costco has been "certified Halal", or that he couldn't have bought "non-halal" chicken. 

He's not complaining about subsidizing foods for Muslims, or that everyone is forced to by halal chicken -- he's complaining about "serving" those foods at all.  So yeah -- I'd agree with @Jazzhead that he is bigoted.

Did you read the entire article and watch the video?

I certainly saw the cost aspect mentioned.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Having said that the best response is to shop elsewhere.

Calling people who disagree with a policy "bigots" is a tried and true leftist stratagem.  It automatically drags the argument down to the emotional (animal) level, where actual thinking is discouraged.  The use of the term does more to define the wielder than it does anything else. 

That's why I stopped reading the post after the 7th word.
I will NOT comply.

Bill Cipher

Calling people who disagree with a policy "bigots" is a tried and true leftist stratagem.  It automatically drags the argument down to the emotional (animal) level, where actual thinking is discouraged.  The use of the term does more to define the wielder than it does anything else. 

That's why I stopped reading the post after the 7th word.

And sometimes a cigar is just a good smoke.  And sometimes a bigot really is just a bigot. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Did you read the entire article and watch the video?

I certainly saw the cost aspect mentioned.

The story does indeed mention it, but one would have had to read the article and watch the video to notice.  It does, indeed raise the cost of meat, with the proceeds going into pockets you might not approve of.  Think of it as a Dhimmi Tax and you get the idea.  I have no trouble with a "Halel" section for meat, as long as "non-Halel" meat is available, but for small stores I can envision it all being Halel whether the consumer wants to pay terrorists for it or not.

When the first word in one's mind is "Bigot," it's difficult to read.  But, asking people to rise above their animal minds is futile. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And sometimes a cigar is just a good smoke.  And sometimes a bigot really is just a bigot.

I can't argue with that.  I happen to think that people who hurl accusations of bigotry are often bigots themselves, and are attempting to drag an argument down to stupidity so they can beat their opponents with experience. 

This is one of the things I appreciate about you, @Bill Cipher.  You did not light that fire here.
I will NOT comply.

Bill Cipher

The story does indeed mention it, but one would have had to read the article and watch the video to notice.  It does, indeed raise the cost of meat, with the proceeds going into pockets you might not approve of.  Think of it as a Dhimmi Tax and you get the idea.  I have no trouble with a "Halel" section for meat, as long as "non-Halel" meat is available, but for small stores I can envision it all being Halel whether the consumer wants to pay terrorists for it or not.

When the first word in one's mind is "Bigot," it's difficult to read.  But, asking people to rise above their animal minds is futile. 

So it is just like the “Jew tax” then?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So it is just like the “Jew tax” then?

Is there really such a thing?
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

I guess I'll cop to that. I think we'd be much better off without em.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I guess I'll cop to that. I think we'd be much better off without em.

Cigars or bigots?

Offline skeeter