Author Topic: In Face Of Massive Border Crisis, Democrats Tell Americans Citizenship Means Nothing  (Read 178 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

In Face Of Massive Border Crisis, Democrats Tell Americans Citizenship Means Nothing
A left-wing mob tore down an American flag and replaced it with a Mexican flag. A gunman attacked an ICE facility. Democrats said nothing.
The Federalist, Jul 16, 2019, Daniel Davidson

[...]

If you’re a Democrat seeking your party’s nomination for 2020, what’s your response to these events? So far, nothing. No Democrat has said anything about the mob in Colorado or the gunman in Washington, but plenty have issued statements on the ICE raids and Vice President Mike Pence’s border visit.

On Friday, Pence and a group of Republican lawmakers, accompanied by members of the press, visited a pair of immigration detention centers in Texas. Although Pence was blasted by the mainstream media for praising the U.S. Border Patrol, he freely admitted that conditions at the adult facility he visited were unacceptable, and called on Congress to take swift action. “I was not surprised by what I saw,” he said later at a news conference. “I knew we would see a system that was overwhelmed. This is tough stuff.”

Julian Castro made the odd assertion that overcrowding at the detention center Pence visited was a result of the Trump administration “slashing aid to Central America and undermining the asylum process.” Sens. Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, and Bernie Sanders all posted messages from the American Civil Liberties Union advising immigrants what to do if ICE shows up at their door. Warren went further, accusing the administration of physically and sexually abusing migrants and vowing to investigate “those responsible” once in office.

[...]

What’s most remarkable in all this is that not one Democratic 2020 contender has felt the need to breathe a word about the importance of American citizenship and sovereignty. Not one has issued a word of caution or tried to steer the seething left-wing of their party away from street violence. Not one has acknowledged the importance of enforcing our immigration laws.

More:  https://thefederalist.com/2019/07/16/face-massive-border-crisis-democrats-tell-americans-citizenship-means-nothing/