Author Topic: Ted Cruz Gives Colin Kaepernick A History Lesson — Explains Why His Frederick Douglass Quote Is Mis  (Read 263 times)

rangerrebew

Ted Cruz Gives Colin Kaepernick A History Lesson — Explains Why His Frederick Douglass Quote Is Misleading
DCwire
By Daily Caller

Molly Prince on July 5, 2019

Republican Texas Sen. Ted Cruz responded to Colin Kaepernick on Thursday after the former NFL quarterback misleadingly posted an excerpt of Frederick Douglass’s famed speech “What to the Slave is the Fourth of July?”

“What have I, or those I represent, to do with your national independence? This Fourth of July is yours, not mine…There is not a nation on the earth guilty of practices more shocking and bloody than are the people of these United States at this very hour,” Kaepernick wrote, quoting a speech that Douglass delivered on July 5, 1852 to the Rochester Ladies’ Anti-Slavery Society.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/ted-cruz-gives-colin-kaepernick-a-history-lesson-explains-why-his-frederick-douglass-quote-is-misleading/?utm_campaign=TPINews07052019breaking&utm_source=criticalimpact&utm_medium=email&utm_content=4371d3fdbb69c3b8a6473c7b9fa19141&source=CI
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 11:04:08 am by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

He was wasting his breath on Kaepernick.  It was for the American people he gave the lesson; Kaepernick is too far left to either understand or appreciate another point of view. 10631

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
He was wasting his breath on Kaepernick.  It was for the American people he gave the lesson; Kaepernick is too far left to either understand or appreciate another point of view. 10631

I don't think he was talking to Kaepernick.