Author Topic: Harris: Trump is a 'predator' and has 'predatory instincts'  (Read 4571 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Harris: Trump is a 'predator' and has 'predatory instincts'
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2019, 08:55:00 pm »
@Absalom

He was acting on The Apprentice just like he is acting every day now.  He means nothing of what he says, he is acting all day.  Most people don't understand he is acting, but he is.

The only thing I can figure out about Trump is he like to keep people on the up and down.  He flip flops more than the Sunday waffle.  And yes, I believe he loves and enjoys acting.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2019, 08:57:12 pm »
I don't think he's acting.  It's who he is.  It worked pretty well as a real estate developer in NYC.  History will tell how well it worked on an international/national stage.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2019, 09:00:40 pm »

She is the one that I would worry about.  A pretty professional woman.  And she doesn't come across like the rest of the candidates who seem insane.   But she wants the same liberal stuff they all want.
Y'all left out one thing Harris has many do not. Not only is she smart (even though I completely disagree with her banner philosophy) but she is utterly ruthless. Think a younger harder Hillary with 'cards' to play.

Hang the fact that she ho'ed her way into the game, (that's a resume enhancer in the Dem Party anyway), her only 'principle' is to win, and if she is their candidate, she is not going to be a pushover.

The further we stray from reasoned discourse and the Constitution, from Conservative principle, the greater the peril to the Republic. Both sides have been willing to 'do what it takes', regardless of those Conservative principles, all in the name of 'winning', and going further astray.

The march toward totalitarianism continues.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2019, 09:01:13 pm »
I am going to discount him. LOL
He is inauthentic, contrived, Obama-lite.
I'm a black male from New Jersey. I used to work in Newark, where he was mayor. Booker can't even win over my dem-voting brothers, mother or father. My mother's exact words were, "Booker needs to go sit down somewhere."

We all believe Booker is a closeted gay man, btw.
Good luck with him winning the black female vote with that baggage. :rolling:

@FeelNoPain

Well, I will cede to you - You've probably got a better handle on it that a redneck boy out in the Rockies. However, I will point out that it ain't what y'all think, as much as what the Dem machine thinks y'all think... And that is very likely a wide disconnect...

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2019, 09:08:56 pm »

The only thing I can figure out about Trump is he like to keep people on the up and down. He flip flops more than the Sunday waffle. And yes, I believe he loves and enjoys acting.

I've seen you mention that before.....  how do you cook waffles?  (Sunday, or anyday.)

I always make waffles in a waffle iron and never "flip" them at all...  you make me curious....

:shrug:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2019, 09:11:43 pm »
I've seen you mention that before.....  how do you cook waffles?  (Sunday, or anyday.)

I always make waffles in a waffle iron and never "flip" them at all...  you make me curious....

Belgium iron waffle makers 'turn' in addition to opening and closing....for reasons I don't understand either.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2019, 09:18:25 pm »

Likely comes from camp. waffle maker over coals is held and flipped a few times for even cooking.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2019, 09:18:54 pm »
Belgium iron waffle makers 'turn' in addition to opening and closing....for reasons I don't understand either.    :laugh:

Good point, I've used those before and found the "turn" only matters if you have a very thin batter....  otherwise, no real difference.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2019, 09:20:15 pm »
Likely comes from camp. waffle maker over coals is held and flipped a few times for even cooking.

You got me there, can't say that I ever made waffles over coals!

Offline EdJames

« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2019, 09:22:52 pm »
I don't think he's acting.  It's who he is.  It worked pretty well as a real estate developer in NYC.  History will tell how well it worked on an international/national stage.

Very good point.  How all of this works out in the end can only be evaluated with the passage of time.  It could all blow up into a series of disasters, or result in a great deal of uncommon goodness.  Just can't make the call midstream....

:pondering:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2019, 09:22:59 pm »
You got me there, can't say that I ever made waffles over coals!

I understood the colloquialism perfectly...

« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 09:24:31 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline EdJames

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2019, 09:26:04 pm »
Y'all left out one thing Harris has many do not. Not only is she smart (even though I completely disagree with her banner philosophy) but she is utterly ruthless. Think a younger harder Hillary with 'cards' to play.

Hang the fact that she ho'ed her way into the game, (that's a resume enhancer in the Dem Party anyway), her only 'principle' is to win, and if she is their candidate, she is not going to be a pushover.

The further we stray from reasoned discourse and the Constitution, from Conservative principle, the greater the peril to the Republic. Both sides have been willing to 'do what it takes', regardless of those Conservative principles, all in the name of 'winning', and going further astray.

The march toward totalitarianism continues.

Yep!  There is literally nothing the b*tch won't do. And that makes her dangerous.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2019, 09:26:32 pm »

I don't like waffles.  LOL!  Didn't really think that out.  Thanks for calling me out on that.  Just replace it with pancake.  It didn't matter it was just a point.  Actually our Sunday breakfast is usually eggs and bacon.  Scrambled, hey that works for Trump too.  Scrambled.  What he says is scrambled from one minute to another.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2019, 09:26:49 pm »

This is the very reason I do not believe she is viable - because of her overt viciousness she's utterly unlikable. Plus she's got many of the faults many find in Trump - she's patently dishonest, unprincipled and opportunistic.

Having lived in her state and suffered her rhetoric and actions these past few years I am nonplussed by the 'reluctant' credit she's being given here. Unless we've finally arrived at the point where looks are the sole requirement for higher office.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 09:27:57 pm by skeeter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2019, 09:30:22 pm »
Nice!

888high58888

You don't flip them onto both sides of the pan?  Hey I just thought about the Swedish roll up pancakes my mother used to make.  I want some!

Offline EdJames

« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2019, 09:30:32 pm »
I don't like waffles.  LOL!  Didn't really think that out.  Thanks for calling me out on that.  Just replace it with pancake.  It didn't matter it was just a point.   Actually our Sunday breakfast is usually eggs and bacon.  Scrambled, hey that works for Trump too.  Scrambled.  What he says is scrambled from one minute to another.

OK, there you go....  I think of pancakes when I think of flipping....  for some reason we tend to make pancakes on Saturday mornings....  I'm partial to some good slow cook oatmeal on Sundays....

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2019, 09:31:42 pm »
I understood the colloquialism perfectly...

It does.  I would flip it!  Even cooking on both sides.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2019, 09:32:08 pm »
This is the very reason I do not believe she is viable - because of her overt viciousness she's utterly unlikable. Plus she's got many of the faults many find in Trump - she's patently dishonest, unprincipled and opportunistic.

Having lived in her state and suffered her rhetoric and actions these past few years I am nonplussed by the 'reluctant' credit she's being given here. Unless we've finally arrived at the point where looks are the sole requirement for higher office.

Looks?

She looks like a horrid b/witch!!  (And sounds like every ex-wife's voice grating like nails on a chalkboard.)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 09:33:34 pm by EdJames »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2019, 09:32:36 pm »
OK, there you go....  I think of pancakes when I think of flipping....  for some reason we tend to make pancakes on Saturday mornings....  I'm partial to some good slow cook oatmeal on Sundays....

Oatmeal is really good for you.  But the brown sugar isn't.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2019, 09:33:42 pm »

I like honey.  Is that good for you?

Offline corbe

« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2019, 09:34:16 pm »
   How yall can turn a Harris Thread into a Waffle Thread astonishes, even me.

She's making Jerk Brown marinade, here.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2019, 09:35:54 pm »

Actually, I don't sweeten it aside from the sweetness of a mashed up banana...  I like to mash up an over-ripe banana in the bowl first, then add the cook oatmeal on top and blend it together...  since I keep the over-ripe bananas in the ice box, it also cools the hot oatmeal....

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2019, 09:36:10 pm »
Gerry Rafferty - Right Down the Line

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Great tune. Also love Baker Street and Stuck in the Middle with You by Stealer's Wheel.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2019, 09:37:39 pm »
   How yall can turn a Harris Thread into a Waffle Thread astonishes, even me.

She's making Jerk Brown marinade, here.

I've always been paid the big bucks to come in and diffuse tense situations....

wink777