Author Topic: DC mayor: It 'scares' me that Trump July 4th celebration is 'glorifying military might'  (Read 435 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DC mayor: It 'scares' me that Trump July 4th celebration is 'glorifying military might'
By Rachel Frazin - 07/03/19 12:39 PM EDT

Washington Mayor Muriel Bowser (D) said this week that it "scares" her that President Trump's planned event for the Fourth of July is "glorifying military might," in an interview with NPR.

Trump on Monday said that there will be tanks at the National Mall for his "Salute to America" Independence Day event and reporters have spotted the vehicles arriving in The District.

Bowser expressed concerns over the president looking “to dictators as an example of how to celebrate your nation” as well as using the occasion to show off military might.

"I also have some concerns about a president not celebrating the military but glorifying military might," Bowser said Tuesday in an interview with NPR. "That scares me the most."

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/451545-dc-mayor-it-scares-me-that-trumps-july-4-celebration-is
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

Offline goatprairie

She's scared of Trump?  It scares me that idiots like her are running major American cities.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
She's scared of Trump?  It scares me that idiots like her are running major American cities.

:yowsa:  888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I wonder if some [give it a rest, please.] will be scared too, and will vomit the democrat, Media, #nevertrump daily talking points?

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 08:39:07 pm by Mod1 »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
I wonder if some Usual Suspect Briefer members, will be scared too, and will vomit the democrat, Media, #nevertrump daily talking points?

Geez man, can you give it a rest?

You are beginning to come off as obsessed or something....

Online berdie

That's because DC is such a bastion on tranquility in the country./s

Online mountaineer

Asshat. It's a chance to salute our country.
What am I saying, perhaps this person doesn't consider the USA her country, in which case she should book a flight to Venezuela.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org