Author Topic: Night two of first 2020 Democratic presidential debate shatters viewership record  (Read 644 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Night two of first 2020 Democratic presidential debate shatters viewership record
by John Gage
 | June 28, 2019 04:20 PM

The second night of the first Democratic presidential debate beat the record for the highest amount of viewers for a Democratic primary debate.

The Thursday debate, which featured leading candidates former Vice President Joe Biden, Sens. Bernie Sanders of Vermont and Kamala Harris of California, and Mayor Pete Buttigieg or South Bend, Indiana, averaged 18.1 million viewers across NBC News, MSNBC, and Telemundo, according to Nielsen Fast National Data.

The figure beat the 15.5 million viewership record set during the 2016 election.

The debate brought in 5.4 million viewers in the key 25-to-54 key demographic age group, which was also a record, and 9 million people tuned in to the livestream.

The numbers were up from the Wednesday debate, which averaged 15.3 million viewers.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/night-two-of-first-2020-democratic-presidential-debate-shatters-viewership-record
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online dfwgator

Morning Joe isn't going to want to hear that.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Still pales in comparison to the GOP '16 debate viewership @ 24 million! 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
With that train wreck you would have thought they would of had a 50 share.  Oh and Morning Joe is starting to remind me of Howard Beale.  I swear I thought he was going to say "I'm mad a hell and I'm not going to take it anymore".

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online dfwgator

With that train wreck you would have thought they would of had a 50 share.  Oh and Morning Joe is starting to remind me of Howard Beale.  I swear I thought he was going to say "I'm mad a hell and I'm not going to take it anymore".

At least Howard Beale was right....

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
At least Howard Beale was right....

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

He was right but he didn't know about the shit storm that was coming up behind TV.....   The Internet and Google!

Online dfwgator

He was right but he didn't know about the shit storm that was coming up behind TV.....   The Internet and Google!

It's still the media.  the medium may have changed, but it's all still owned by conglomerates.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Well, clowns are generally entertaining.
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

It's still the media.  the medium may have changed, but it's all still owned by conglomerates.

This was the story of Howard Beale: The first known instance of a man who was killed because he had lousy ratings.

We need more of that. 

Online dfwgator

This was the story of Howard Beale: The first known instance of a man who was killed because he had lousy ratings.

We need more of that.

A movie that is even more relevant today than back then.

Online Wingnut

A movie that is even more relevant today than back then.

Spot on!

Offline Victoria33

I believe the Harris woman can win in a debate with Trump.  She has many years of being an attorney in front of a jury and running the whole state of California as their State Attorney General.  She has spoken "gobs" of times to audiences and won every election when she ran for an office. She does know the "best words" and puts them together in meaningful sentences.  She is thinking every moment, not fearful, not nervous, of the audience.  She will be prepared to the max as she was last night.

Perhaps she will not be the candidate, but I think she is the best to get through a debate with Trump.  He will have to give her a disgusting name as he does everyone, but she may come back giving him a name that shuts him up.  "Old Trump" is one that would make him furious.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
I believe the Harris woman can win in a debate with Trump.  She has many years of being an attorney in front of a jury and running the whole state of California as their State Attorney General.  She has spoken "gobs" of times to audiences and won every election when she ran for an office. She does know the "best words" and puts them together in meaningful sentences.  She is thinking every moment, not fearful, not nervous, of the audience.  She will be prepared to the max as she was last night.

Perhaps she will not be the candidate, but I think she is the best to get through a debate with Trump.  He will have to give her a disgusting name as he does everyone, but she may come back giving him a name that shuts him up.  "Old Trump" is one that would make him furious.

:bigsilly:

Online dfwgator

And I bet you just can't wait to vote for her.

Online rustynail

Proving that the people are yearning for the competency vision and decorum
that the Democratic candidates bring.

Online Wingnut

Hope and sex change

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Kamaltoe is going to tear through the rest of the can'tidates like a roto-rooter. She's cold, calculating, has good writers, and could take the gold medal in the prevarication Olympics.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
dfw wrote:
"A movie that is even more relevant today than back then."

Indeed.
And that's why you seldom see it aired today.

Offline Victoria33

And I bet you just can't wait to vote for her.
@dfwgator

I knew someone would say that, so you did.  Stating facts/evaluating behavior is non-political.  Harris has her act together, that is a fact.  If I state a fact about how well another candidate does, then you can say I am voting for that one.  If I state a fact a candidate did not do well, you can say I hate that person.  Sorry you can't tell the difference between evaluation of behavior and politics.