Author Topic: SCOTUS Loses Its Census over Citizenship  (Read 270 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
SCOTUS Loses Its Census over Citizenship
« on: June 28, 2019, 02:59:10 pm »
SCOTUS Loses Its Census over Citizenship

By Daniel John Sobieski June 28, 2019

Supreme Court Justice John Roberts may go down in judicial history as the worst Republican SCOTUS pick ever. The man who found ObamaCare constitutional by inventing the fiction that it was a tax has joined the court’s four liberals to block a citizenship question on the 2020 Census, not because it is unconstitutional, but rather because he didn’t like the Trump administration’s reasons for asking for it.

The man who supervises the FISA Court, which blindly accepted every lie and fake document the Obama FBI and DoJ put before it to justify the deep state coup against the Trump presidency, says the reasons Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross presented for requesting its inclusion, well, didn’t smell right. As the New York Times reported:

Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr., writing for the majority, said the explanation offered by the Trump administration for adding the question “appears to have been contrived.”…

“The secretary,” Chief Justice Roberts wrote, “was determined to reinstate a citizenship question from the time he entered office; instructed his staff to make it happen; waited while commerce officials explored whether another agency would request census-based citizenship data; subsequently contacted the attorney general himself to ask if D.O.J. would make the request; and adopted the Voting Rights Act rationale late in the process.”

“Altogether,” the chief justice wrote, “the evidence tells a story that does not match the explanation the secretary gave for his decision.”

So bleepin’ what? The question before the Court is whether adding the question to the Census form was constitutional or not...

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/06/scotus_loses_its_census_over_citizenship.html

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: SCOTUS Loses Its Census over Citizenship
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 03:02:42 pm »
In his scathing dissent Justice Thomas wrote that "For the first time ever, the court invalidates an agency action solely because it questions the sincerity of the agency's otherwise adequate rationale.” “This conclusion is extraordinary," he wrote. "The court engages in an unauthorized inquiry into evidence not properly before us to reach an unsupported conclusion."

Justice Thomas got it EXACTLY right!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien