Author Topic: Republicans Find $14B For Trump’s Wall; It’s In A Notorious Criminal’s Pockets  (Read 525 times)

rangerrebew

Republicans Find $14B For Trump’s Wall; It’s In A Notorious Criminal’s Pockets

Martywalsh

Posted June 27, 2019 

Republican Rep. Vern Buchanan has a brilliant idea on how to pay for the border wall between the U.S. and Mexico.

In an op-ed for Fox News, Buchanan explains that that Mexican drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzmán Loera is scheduled to be sentenced in July.

Given he will spend the rest of his life in prison, Buchanan wants Congress to take the $14 billion in his confiscated assets and put it towards building more of the wall.

https://trendingpolitics.com/republicans-find-14b-for-trump-s-wall-it-s-in-a-notorious-criminal-s-pockets/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email

rangerrebew

Can they do that?  Isn't that part of the money being used to bribe the open borders crowd? :whistle:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Really?

Politics / Re: BRILLIANT! Ted Cruz Calls For $14 Billion Seized From El Chapo To Fund Border Wall
« by TomSea on December 19, 2018, 09:41:09 PM »

...... , that is its date, so this is some old article. Cruz said this over a year ago. I'm sorry, you will  ............    https://www.breitbart.com/border/2017/04/25/ted-cruz-calls-14-billion-seized-el-chapo-fund-border-wall/ ............   There's some hold up, yeah, it's everyone else's fault.  ......
Politics / Re: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again
« by TomSea on March 01, 2019, 01:16:59 PM »

......  other GOP congress-people are co-sponsors of the El Chapo build the wall bill with Ted Cruz.  https:// ............ .facebook.com/SenatorTedCruz/posts/864072023705099  It may be the "House  ............  it looks like.   So, this is in response to who else could run. Mo Brooks sounds ideal, he also  ......
Politics / Re: President Trump's Rumored Potential Border Wall Deal Sounds Like Disastrous 1986 Immigration Com
« by jpsb on January 23, 2019, 09:14:48 AM »

......  from: libertybele on January 23, 2019, 09:02:03 AM  As for $$ ---  ............  aid --- certainly enough to build a wall. As Cruz suggested -- El Chapo money could be used.    In  ......
Politics / Re: Drudge: Shutdown Agreement reached
« by ABX on January 25, 2019, 01:49:33 PM »

...... .   He could have declared a national emergency (hell, Obama declared one over the flu). He could have  ............  the initial $5 billion/100 mile stretch, but likely the full thing, in the discretionary budgets  ............  his departments (the DOD or Homeland Security discretionary budget could have  ............  this several times over.) He could have supported Cruz's bill to divert $25 billion from the DEA, seized  ............  El Chapo, to it. (At that, as this was under  ............  over. He wanted chants. He wanted to keep them feeling like victims that he was there to help.  After  ............  stay in permanent campaign mode, get the chants, tell people he is working for them, and still be at  ......
Politics / Chuck Norris Supports Cruz's EL CHAPO Legislation
« by Millee on January 11, 2019, 01:13:01 PM »

......  use money from Mexico’s most notorious drug lord, El Chapo.  To be fair, Sen. Ted Cruz deserves full  ............  U.S. southern border with Mexico, U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) is a Lone Ranger with a Tonto-sized idea  ............  a way that would cost taxpayers nothing at all.”  Cruz’s bill, the EL CHAPO Act, “would reserve any  ............  as a result of the criminal prosecution of “El Chapo” (formally named Joaquin Archivaldo Guzman  ............  the U.S.-Mexico border,” according to a press release about the legislation’s reintroduction.   ......
Politics / Trump Alters the Way the Rest of the Field Is Perceived
« by Once-Ler on August 06, 2015, 10:56:23 PM »
World News / Seized cartel assets total 223mn pesos. Houses, cars, aircraft and swans were among items belonging to Sinaloa Cartel
« by rangerrebew on April 09, 2016, 08:26:08 AM »
National News/Current Events /
« by rangerrebew on August 09, 2015, 05:05:19 AM »
Editorial/Opinion / Rush: Paul and Cruz Rail Against Budget Deal
« by mystery-ak on October 30, 2015, 06:50:39 PM »

...... ://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/10/30/paul_and_cruz_rail_against_budget_deal   Paul and Cruz Rail  ............  lot of e-mail. I said this budget deal basically elects Hillary Clinton president. It was a bit of  ............ , "What do you mean, why does this budget deal elect Hillary?" And I said it's a two-year budget  ............ , that's one of the primary reasons you go to the electorate and say, "Elect us, we're gonna be  ............ . It's a big deal. It's being promoted as, "Well, this is Boehner's gift to the new Speaker, Paul  ............ 't anywhere on this, so his Speakership cannot be held to account or blame anything. The Republicans  ............  that means they have a chance to win presidential election. That's how convoluted the thinking has  ............ , a budget that Obama loves, and they think that eliminates any chance of a government shutdown. And  ............  think any of this is going to stop Harry Reid or Pelosi or take your pick, any of them from running  ............ 're not gonna stop the accusation. Anyway, Ted Cruz was also on the Senate floor last night. Three  ............  bites in order. Here they are.  CRUZ: This is the combined work product of John  ............  and Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell and Harry Reid. The  ............  did. I'm reminded it wasn't too long ago we saw El Chapo dug out of his prison cell. One of the  ............  things you realized when El Chapo was dug out is that tunnel wasn't dug  ............ , that the drug cartels had spent many weeks or months digging that  ............ .  RUSH: So Ted Cruz essentially accuses Mitch McConnell of working  ............  the Democrats. Ted Cruz goes on to say that Mitch McConnell spends more  ............  than Harry Reid ever did. Here's the next bite.  CRUZ: When I said Majority Leader McConnell is the  ............  how to beat defeat Republicans. Later McConnell spends more time focused on how to defeat  ............  in debt.  RUSH: And that is why they hate Ted Cruz in the Republican establishment, inside the  ............  Republican commentariat, that's why they hate Ted Cruz. And make no mistake, they do. If you're just  ............  Wednesday night, paraphrasing again, tweeted, "Well, it's great that Ted Cruz talks about all these  ............  he won? The answer, none." The next night Ted Cruz is on Fox, and he's asked, "Okay, you've led a  ............ , like the rest of the Republicans ought to be as well. But, look, they'd rather not be called  ............ . Well, what is the opposite of divisive mean?  ............  they want to say that that's why we can't have Cruz. And then he goes out and says Mitch McConnell  ............  side. Here's the next and the final bite of Ted Cruz on the Senate floor, and again, this is last  ............ .  CRUZ: What are the terms of this budget deal? A bill  ............  bill than Harry Reid and the Democrats?  RUSH: Well, what it says is that the Republicans have given  ............  how to read the grain in the green.  RUSH: Well, thank you, sir (chuckles), very much.  CALLER:  ............  it on C-SPAN and I sat here and watched Mr. Cruz. It was the most impressive speech I've ever  ............  --  RUSH: Was this your first time seeing Ted Cruz in action like this?  CALLER: No, I've seen him,  ............ . I -- I -- I just can't say any more!  RUSH: Well, let me ask you a question, then, since you are  ............ , but Trump ain't that. What is the difference in Cruz and Trump in your mind, do you think?  CALLER:  ............  a tour pro?  CALLER: This guy, he speaks so well, he's so smart. Nobody on that stage, Rush,  ............ 's been only two guys for me. And, you know, Cruz is the smartest guy in the room. I mean, there's  ............  above.  RUSH: Yeah, but there's still something else, Bob.  CALLER: Well, I agree that they don't  ............  he's an outsider.  RUSH: There's still something else.  CALLER: I just think he's good. I think he's  ............  debate, when I heard him do what he did? Nobody else was that fast on their feet to knock them out.  ............  ability and talent. But what is it that enables Cruz to do all that he does so well that really  ............  people you like don't quite reach you the way Cruz does?  CALLER: He's knowledgeable, completely,  ............  it inside and out, knows his way around.  RUSH: Well --  CALLER: What I was this morning --  RUSH:  ......
Immigration / TED CRUZ Wants CRYBABY El Chapo’s $14 Billion Used To Fund Border Wall [VIDEO]
« by rangerrebew on February 14, 2019, 10:50:46 AM »

......  TED CRUZ Wants CRYBABY El Chapo’s $14 Billion Used To Fund  ............ . Now, the little drug lord, whose nickname “El Chapo,” which means “shorty,” will finally be  ............ . Following his sentencing yesterday, Senator Ted Cruz is again, renewing his call for the $14 billion  ............  AP– Mexico’s most notorious drug lord, Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, was convicted Tuesday of running  ............  payoffs, cocaine hidden in jalapeno cans, jewel-encrusted guns and a naked escape with his  ............  through a tunnel.  https://100percentfedup.com/ted-cruz-wants- ............ -drug-lord-el-chapos-14-billion-used-to-fund-border-wall-video/ ......
National News/Current Events / Re: Three Miles of New Border Wall Coming to South Texas
« by txradioguy on June 10, 2019, 07:42:30 AM »

......  in Cocaine Mitch's Senate for 2 years.  Sen. Cruz Introduces the EL CHAPO Act  Bill reserves  ............  prosecution of Joaquin Archivaldo Guzman Lorea “El Chapo” and other drug lords to pay for border  ............   April 25, 2017    |   https://www.cruz.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=3107    $20B  ......
Texas / Today, the National Emergencies Act required the Senate to answer one question: whether there is an
« by Elderberry on March 14, 2019, 03:40:53 PM »

...... ’s declaration because, as Texans realize all too well, there is one.  This was a difficult vote. I  ............  the wall.  All of that is false.  Here’s what I believe:  Number one, we have crisis on our border. A  ............  1,700 identified cases of an adult lying about a relationship to a child in order to get into our  ............  in both houses of Congress. I’ve introduced the EL CHAPO Act to build the wall, and pay for it using  ............  billions criminally forfeited from El Chapo and other drug dealers.  Number three, the  ............  those he is exercising here. That statute is, I believe, over-broad. It invites abuse.  Indeed, it  ............  accounts of Americans who do business with Israel.  And a President Sanders, or Warren, or some  ............  exists.  And make no mistake: an emergency absolutely exists on the border, and it is a national and  ............  to recognize that tragic fact.  For liberty,  Ted Cruz   ......
Politics / Re: Senate votes 59-41 to repeal Trump's declaration of a national emergency at the border with Marc
« by Right_in_Virginia on March 14, 2019, 05:13:49 PM »

......   Sen. Cruz Issues Statement in Support of President Trump’s  ............  Declaration ‘Make no mistake: an emergency absolutely exists on the border, and it is a national and  ............  March 14, 2019   WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) today issued the following statement  ............ ’s declaration because, as Texans realize all too well, there is one.  “This was a difficult vote. I  ............  the wall. All of that is false.  “Here’s what I believe: Number one, we have crisis on our border. A  ............  1,700 identified cases of an adult lying about a relationship to a child in order to get into our  ............  in both houses of Congress. I’ve introduced the EL CHAPO Act to build the wall, and pay for it using  ............  billions criminally forfeited from El Chapo and other drug dealers.  “Number three, the  ............  those he is exercising here. That statute is, I believe, over-broad. It invites abuse.  “Indeed, it  ............  accounts of Americans who do business with Israel. And a President Sanders, or Warren, or some  ............  exists. And make no mistake: an emergency absolutely exists on the border, and it is a national and  ............  to recognize that tragic fact.”  ###  https://www.cruz.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=4377     ......
Politics / Re: Texas Landowners First to Challenge Trump's National Emergency Plan
« by Emjay on February 17, 2019, 12:49:55 PM »

...... , 10:19:14 PM  I just heard on Fox radio that Sen. Cruz suggested/advised to use money taken from El Capo. ............   Has anybody seen his "official" position?    Ted Cruz is absolutely not on the fence. He has been an  ............  vocal advocate for grabbing that El Chapo money and using it for the fence. That  ......
Politics / Re: Rand Paul: Trump Jr. subpoena a 'real travesty of justice'
« by Sanguine on May 12, 2019, 11:54:16 AM »

......  I do see a lot of outspoken ones:    Quote   Ted Cruz Retweeted Twitchy Team ‏Verified account @ ............  16h16 hours ago  ‘Irony much?’ Sen. Ted Cruz challenges Dems to replace ‘Biden’ with ‘Trump’  ............  POLITICO’s tweet   Quote  Ted Cruz ‏Verified account @tedcruz 21h21 hours ago  Ted  ............  Tweets & replies Media    Pinned Tweet  Ted Cruz  ‏Verified account @tedcruz  Feb 20  This  ............ -sense idea.  Let's get to work: https://action.tedcruz.org/el-chapo/  1,304 replies 1,638 retweets 4,115  ............  Ted Cruz Retweeted Twitchy Team ‏Verified account @ ............  16h16 hours ago  ‘Irony much?’ Sen. Ted Cruz challenges Dems to replace ‘Biden’ with ‘Trump’  ............ ’s tweet 30 replies 90 retweets 365 likes Ted Cruz ‏Verified account @tedcruz 21h21 hours ago  Ted  ............  have ordered the surveillance of the GOP?  Ted Cruz added, Ronald Klain Verified account @RonaldKlain  ............  between the FBI launching a counter- intelligence investigation, and a President ordering  ............  you were in law school?

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1127264074339901440 … 516 replies 1,371  ............  3,819 likes Ted Cruz ‏Verified account @tedcruz 23h23 hours ago  Ted  ............  not? #LawEnforcementShouldntBePoliticized  Ted Cruz added, Ronald Klain Verified account @RonaldKlain  ............ .… 5,590 replies 4,782 retweets 13,589 likes Ted Cruz Retweeted Jason Johnson ‏Verified account @ ............  #2020 92 replies 262 retweets 924 likes Ted Cruz ‏Verified account @tedcruz May 10  Ted Cruz  ............  Greg Abbott  Congrats, Audrey!  Ted Cruz added, Greg Abbott Verified account @ ............  to come.  97 replies 316 retweets 3,699 likes Ted Cruz Retweeted Teresa Sprague ‏ @TVSprague May 10   ............  Sprague Retweeted “Whoever desires to #LoveLife  💗see 1Pt.3:8-22  Big Thank You to  ............  Ted Cruz @SenTedCruz, Governor Mike Huckabee @ ............  us know who is blocking the vote, perhaps we can help.  Teresa Sprague added, “Whoever desires to # ............  If #KatesLaw passes it will be because @tedcruz never quit fighting for it.   #Conservatives # ............  #TXSen … 30 replies 119 retweets 376 likes Ted Cruz Retweeted Twitchy Team ‏Verified account @ ............  May 10  ‘It’s almost like…’: Ted Cruz jabs MSM after spotting sudden shift in Beto O’ ............  coverage 25 replies 92 retweets 340 likes Ted Cruz Retweeted Sen. Dan Bishop ‏ @jdanbishop May 10   ............ . Dan Bishop Retweeted Ted Cruz  Thank you, Sen. Cruz. I’m ready.  Sen. Dan  ............  added, Ted Cruz Verified account @tedcruz I hope EVERYONE will  ............ #nc09 #ncpol  22 replies 87 retweets 403 likes Ted Cruz ‏Verified account @tedcruz May 10  Ted Cruz  ............ & tolerance than San Antonio City Council....  Ted Cruz added, Washington Examiner Verified account @ ............  Polytechnic State University voting overwhelmingly to remove Chick-fil-A from campus, the  ............  back.  … 129 replies 273 retweets 1,066 likes Ted Cruz ‏Verified account @tedcruz May 10  Ted Cruz  ............  the media is rooting for a specific side....  Ted Cruz added, David Rutz Verified account @DavidRutz  ............  you're running against Ted Cruz vs. When you're running against other Democrats   ............  replies 1,085 retweets 4,890 likes Ted Cruz ‏Verified account @tedcruz May 10  I hope  ............ #nc09 #ncpol 43 replies 105 retweets 313 likes Ted Cruz Retweeted Twitchy Team ‏Verified account @ ............  May 9  ‘TEXAS REMEMBERS’: Ted Cruz successfully repossessed his Dr Pepper fridge  ............  Ben Sasse 32 replies 64 retweets 343 likes Ted Cruz Retweeted LifeNews.com ‏ @LifeNewsHQ May 9   ............  funds for a local pro-life organization in Philadelphia.  Thanks everyone! 87 replies 1,305 retweets  ............ ,379 likes Ted Cruz ‏Verified account @tedcruz May 9  The Russia  ............  millions of dollars, after 2800 subpoenas, the Mueller Report found NO collusion. There’s no need for  ............  Apr 2018  What I have accumulated here is absolutely shocking upon the realization that #Mueller's  ............  to attempt to legalize a coup against a lawfully-elected President. DOWNLOAD:   Quote  SiriusXM  ............  - @replouiegohmert: I do agree with Nadler & Pelosi. There is definitely a constitutional crisis &  ............  @RealDonaldTrump by the FBI, DOJ leaders, intel communities & even Obama admin. #MAGA #Dobbs    ............   3/3 conveniently also forgot to give House Intel Committee Republicans Kavalec report. 307 replies  ............  account @DevinNunes 19h19 hours ago  Unfortunately they forgot to share Kavalec info will FISA  ............  @DevinNunes 19h19 hours ago  In 1 meeting with Steele-State Dept Kavalec does more to verify Steele  ............  than FBI/ #muellerdossier team did in 3 years. Maybe Kavalec  ......
Politics / Re: Ted Cruz breaks with President Trump on Mexico tariffs while Marco Rubio gets behind the preside
« by libertybele on June 06, 2019, 02:38:49 PM »

......  on June 06, 2019, 01:10:42 PM     True @libertybele But can you tell me what Teddy's been doing in  ............  accomplished?    I did your work for you. Cruz is doing his job period. I stopped, realizing  ............  being taken up ... but you get the idea.   --Cruz prohibited the U.S. from giving visas to U.N  ............  the Republicans took the Senate back in 2015, Cruz became chairman of the Senate Commerce Committee’ ............  Congress. The bill, intended to encourage the development of the commercial space sector, originally  ............  as House legislation, but Cruz authored the companion bill in the Senate.  Cruz  ............  that was incorporated into a larger House relief package that the president signed.     ............  that the United States should recognize Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights.   A  ............  that the United States should recognize Israel's sovereignty over the...  Introduced  Read  ............   Read More  12/10/2018  SuperPAC Elimination Act of 2018   Introduced  Read  ............  Introduced   /26/2018  STOP Using Human Shields Act   Sanction Terrorist Operations Using  ............  Shields Act of 2018  Ordered Reported  Read More   ............  Read More 4/17/2018 Capital Gains Inflation Relief Act of 2018  Introduced Read More 1/10/2018  ............  important factor in the conduct of United States relations with the People’s Republic of...  ...  ............  resolution calling on the Government of Iran to release unjustly detained United States citizens and  ............ ) Read More 9/28/2017 A bill to provide tax relief related to Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria.  ............  Introduced Read More 7/19/2017 A bill for the relief of Liu Xia.  Introduced Read More 7/19/2017 A  ............ , political freedoms, free markets, democratic elections, government accountability, and peaceful  ............  A bill to amend the Public Health Service Act to eliminate the non-application of certain State  ............  resolution calling on the Government of Iran to release unjustly detained United States citizens and  ............  (NICA) of 2017  Introduced Read More 4/25/2017 EL CHAPO Act  Introduced Read More 3/30/2017 Public  ............  the rule submitted by the Department of Energy relating to “Energy Conservation Program: Test  ............  Compressors”.  A joint resolution...  https://www.cruz.senate.gov/?p=legislation  IRGC Terrorist  ............  to the Constitution of the United States relative to limiting the number of terms that a  ............  2017 President Donald Trump signed the bipartisan Cruz-Nelson NASA Transition Authorization Act of 2017  ............  and the future of the U.S. space program,” Sen. Cruz said. “Space exploration has fostered  ............  the Johnson Space Center remains the crown jewel of NASA’s human spaceflight missions. I am  ............  on Space, Science, and Competitiveness, Sen. Cruz previously worked with his colleagues to secure  ............  2024 and ensures stability for the future development and growth of the U.S. commercial space  ............  - Senate Nay March 14, 2019 H J Res 46 Relating to a national emergency declared by the  ............  Feb. 28, 2019 PN 22 Nomination of Andrew Wheeler to be Administrator of Environmental Protection  ............  Feb. 27, 2019 PN 22 Nomination of Andrew Wheeler to be Administrator of Environmental Protection  ............  appropriations for the Department of Homeland Security for fiscal year 2019, and for other  ............  Feb. 14, 2019 PN 17 Nomination of William Pelham Barr to be Attorney General of the Department  ............  Feb. 12, 2019 PN 17 Nomination of William Pelham Barr to be Attorney General of the Department  ............  rule submitted by the Department of the Treasury relating to "Returns by Exempt Organizations and  ............  Secretary for Planning, Evaluation, and Policy Development for the Department of Education Senate ( ............  May 17, 2018 PN 1857 Nomination of Gina Haspel to be Director of the Central Intelligence Agency  ............  May 17, 2018 PN 1857 Nomination of Gina Haspel to be Director of the Central Intelligence Agency  ............  by the Federal Communications Commission relating to "Restoring Internet Freedom"  https:// ............ .org/candidate/key-votes/135705/ted-cruz   ......
Politics / Re: Trump: 'Can't say I'm happy' with border security deal
« by Emjay on February 12, 2019, 02:11:46 PM »

...... El Chapo finally convicted and will enjoy the  ............  billion dollars from his ill-gotten gains.  Ted Cruz just made the suggestion that this 18 billion be  ......
Politics / Re: Cruz: 'Devastating' if Trump closes U.S.-Mexico border
« by TomSea on April 03, 2019, 09:08:07 PM »

......  from: libertybele on April 03, 2019, 08:39:55 PM  Oh for the love  ............  NOTHING is being done.   I could care less why Cruz lost the Bible belt, that has absolutely nothing  ............  at the border.   Yes, I'd like to hear what Cruz would now do ... not that Trump would listen, but  ............  he should voice his opinion.    Hey, we know what Cruz would have done. Didn't pass the El Chapo bill.  ......
Politics / Re: William Barr on Second Amendment During Confirmation Hearings~Video
« by Cyber Liberty on January 19, 2019, 04:06:40 PM »

......  it as a way to fund the wall. In a way, so has Cruz, with his El Chapo seizure suggestion.   https:// ......
Politics / Re: Ted Cruz On Trump’s Amnesty Compromise: FORGET IT!
« by libertybele on January 30, 2018, 07:45:19 AM »

......  Ted was on page 5 or 6...     Easily remedied. Cruz has been anti-amnesty and anti-open borders all  ............  and I like his idea of using El Chapo $$ to fund the wall. He has proposed a  ............  prevent citizenship for those here illegally, as well as blocking illegals’ access to federal, state,  ............  assistance benefits. He proposed amendments as well to secure the border, triple the size of the  ......
Politics / Re: Ted Cruz Blocks SECURE Act
« by Sanguine on June 10, 2019, 05:16:18 PM »

......  he'd build the wall but he's had his co-sponsored El Chapo bill for over a year, nothing has happened,  ............  him as a Senator from building the wall himself? Big feather in his cap if he did.  https://www. ............  donors.    Hey, @TomSea, you do realize that Cruz ISN'T president, right? Not sure why you expect  ......
Politics / Re: Trump administration to cancel $929 million in California high-speed rail funding
« by aligncare on February 20, 2019, 03:32:05 PM »

......  PM  That would work. That and the billions Ted Cruz wants to get from El Chapo should make a nice  ......
Politics / Re: DoD Official: Department Can Begin Wall Construction Without State of Emergency
« by edpc on January 31, 2019, 07:36:35 PM »

......  from: libertybele on January 31, 2019, 07:20:32 PM  It is very  ............  offers to make his SOTU yet he obliged Nancy and delayed it. There have been several recommendations  ............  him to get funds needed for the wall, including Cruz's suggestion to make El Chapo pay for it, yet  ............  the DOD is yet another. I find it difficult to believe that this wasn't made known to him before.   ............  another blame game and horse and pony show.    Well, honestly, I do believe it is C and I made the  ............  to do it, because once implemented, it’s completely out of his hands. In the meantime, it still has  ......
Politics / Re: Trump’s base warms to Ted Cruz after president’s amnesty ‘betrayal’
« by libertybele on March 10, 2018, 09:37:12 PM »

......  are other ways to pay for the wall - -   Ted Cruz wants 'El Chapo' to pay for Trump's U.S.-Mexico  ............ .com/opinion/the-conversation/sd-ted-cruz-wants-el-chapo-to-pay-for-the-wall-20170425- ......
Politics / Re: Trump Touts 55 Percent Approval From Poll That Found 43 Percent Approval
« by TomSea on April 14, 2019, 12:12:05 PM »

......  to come because nothing is stopping them.    Well, not all share the view that the slaughter of  ............ , I suppose.   You said in the leadup to the election, you were voting for Cruz. That Chapo bill  ............  It seems to me, someone said, they would vote for Cruz as a write in. How is that panning out?  ......
Politics / Re: Trump plots Independence Day parade
« by corbe on February 13, 2019, 06:47:51 PM »

...... :54 PM  I keep wondering @corbe ... your idol Ted Cruz did not sit around whining and nursing grievances  ............  primary insults. Ted almost immediately began to support our Republican President and  ............  of it.  Right now, Ted is trying to grab all that El Chapo money and direct it toward a border wall.   ............  enough I didn't vote for Trump, I didn't vote for Cruz either, last time.   My annual trip to Rehab  ......
Politics / Re: Cruz slams Democrats on border wall: They've gone ‘bat-crap crazy’
« by Sanguine on March 01, 2019, 12:38:42 PM »

...... , 12:35:21 PM  It is beyond idiotic to accuse Ted Cruz of open border thinking. He's a Texas Senator  ............  well aware of the danger to the South.    Not only  ............ , he has introduced a "make El Chapo pay for the wall" bill, which is backed up  ......
Politics / Re: Homeland Security Budget for 2019 Does Not Include Border Wall Funding
« by libertybele on August 22, 2018, 07:48:00 PM »

......  budget? Why not use if for the wall? What about Cruz's idea of getting $$ from El Chapo? What about  ......

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The El Chapo bill is co-sponsored by the way, by a number of individuals and  it wouldn't surprise me if it has been in the pipeline for years.

Offline corbe

Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) introduced the bill in the United States Senate in 2017.[5] Companion legislation in the House was introduced in 2017 by Mo Brooks (R-AL) and co-sponsored by eleven Republican representatives: Kevin Brady (TX-8), Steve King (IA-4), Louie Gohmert (TX-1), Tom Garrett, Jr. (VA-5), Lamar S. Smith (TX-21), Walter B. Jones, Jr. (NC-3), Paul Gosar (AZ-4), Ron DeSantis (FL-6), Joe Wilson (SC-2), Gary Palmer (AL-6), and Kevin Cramer (ND-At-large). Neither the House nor the Senate version of the legislation received committee or floor votes, and the legislation died at the end of the 115th Congress.[7][8]

Cruz reintroduced the "El Chapo Act" in January 2019, in the 116th Congress.[5][9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EL_CHAPO_Act
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EL_CHAPO_Act

Exactly.  Ted Cruz proposed this and came up with this idea long ago, and Vern Buchanan (FL) is going to lay claim?  ....hmm I've written good ole Vern numerous times over the past several years in regards to border patrol, border security, no amnesty, etc., and not one time did I ever get a response back.  I realize that he isn't over my district, but still...IIMHO he's not worth a damn. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

That bill has been around for some time, but now, it is going to pass? I hope so but until now, the bill has FAILED.

Mel Brooks who turns 93 today, has his brother Mo Brooks in congress who is a co-sponsor.  We need a Republican House, this is ideal but as of now, it won't pass.

Also, with the legal wrangling that would go on, some of that money, wherever it is, Swiss bank accounts, could probably go to a number of places, Mexico among them.

Just like the linked article says: "Texas GOP Sen. Ted Cruz is also a co-sponsor of the bill and he argued that using El Chapo's $14 billion would build well over half of the wall."
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 04:30:51 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Exactly.  Ted Cruz proposed this and came up with this idea long ago, and Vern Buchanan (FL) is going to lay claim?  ....hmm I've written good ole Vern numerous times over the past several years in regards to border patrol, border security, no amnesty, etc., and not one time did I ever get a response back.  I realize that he isn't over my district, but still...IIMHO he's not worth a damn.

Just like the linked article says: "Texas GOP Sen. Ted Cruz is also a co-sponsor of the bill and he argued that using El Chapo's $14 billion would build well over half of the wall."

I think Mo Brooks came up with the idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mo_Brooks