Author Topic: Parents of boy attacked at Mall of America bare anguish over extent of injuries, uncertainty of reco  (Read 985 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By Deanna Weniger | dweniger@pioneerpress.com | Pioneer Press
June 25, 2019 at 10:31 pm

The 5-year-old Woodbury boy who survived being thrown from a third-floor balcony at the Mall of America remains in intensive care due to severe complications from the attack, his parents said in a Tuesday update on their GoFundMe page.

“Up until now we have let our hopes govern what we have revealed to the public,” the post stated. “However, the injuries and severe complications have now resulted in more than 15 separate medical procedures or surgeries, including surgeries for two broken arms and a broken leg, removal of his spleen, procedures for fluid in his lungs and stomach, as well as for facial and skull fractures; and just this past weekend, he had a stent placed in a vein that runs through his liver because of the serious complications he continues to endure.”

The boy, publicly identified only as Landen, has been in intensive care since he was thrown nearly 40 feet to the ground by 24-year-old Emmanuel Aranda on April 12.

more
https://www.twincities.com/2019/06/25/parents-of-boy-attacked-at-mall-of-america-bare-anguish-over-extent-of-injuries-uncertainty-of-recovery/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Thanks for the update
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
19 years for doing this wasn't enough.
It should have been at least 40.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Such a tragedy for this family. The perp should have gotten life.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
19 years for doing this wasn't enough.
It should have been at least 40.
Frankly, I think the only suitable punishment will be meted out by Our Creator.
I'm a fan of expediting the meeting.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Poor baby.  I just had my 4 year old grandson here, and I just can't imagine someone doing something like that to a little guy like him.  He's 3 feet tall.  Monstrous.

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Agreed, that bastard should have met his maker through some very creative means a long time ago.
What that boy and his family are going through right now breaks my heart.  Such a callous and meaningless act from that POS.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

You're a better man than I if you'd spare him of what he's going to face the next 19 years (not that he'll make it that long).
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

You're a better man than I if you'd spare him of what he's going to face the next 19 years (not that he'll make it that long).
Oh, I didn't say I'd spare him one heartbeat of ongoing pain, given the opportunity.

However, I think that would be woefully inadequate, so I'll leave it in more creative and powerful hands.
Only He knows why that man did what he did, and He can deal with him as He sees fit.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Such a tragedy for this family. The perp should have gotten life.

I say ...Kill the mother F*cker but that is just me.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 06:01:24 am by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

I say ...Kill the mother F*cker but that is just me.
Now, now, don't be hasty.

Take your time....

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
This is America caring for its children?  This maggot should get drawn and quartered.  The fact the child has not died....YET....does not take away that this maggot intended to kill him.  19 years is a joke.  With good behavior, he can be out to kill again in less than ten years.  This is injustice at its worst.

This criminal should NEVER be permitted to be free again.  Releasing him will result in the death of others.  Count on it.  Minnesota is such a weak minded state!

Offline goatprairie

This is America caring for its children?  This maggot should get drawn and quartered.  The fact the child has not died....YET....does not take away that this maggot intended to kill him.  19 years is a joke.  With good behavior, he can be out to kill again in less than ten years.  This is injustice at its worst.

This criminal should NEVER be permitted to be free again.  Releasing him will result in the death of others.  Count on it.  Minnesota is such a weak minded state!
I live on the border and read the Twin Cities news every day. There is no death penalty in Minnesota, and it appears their judges are very lenient when sentencing violent criminals/murderers.
I've read numerous stories of killers in Minnesota getting what I would deem very light sentences for their vicious crimes.
And last year a corrections officer at Stillwater prison was killed by an inmate convicted of murder who was in for a life term. What are they going to do to him.....sentence him to another life term?
So whenever bleeding hearts whine about the death penalty, remind them of the hundreds if not thousands of people killed by paroled or escaped murderers. Or corrections officers killed by these scum in prison.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I am in favor of the Soylent Green approach to troublemakers.

Anyone remember that movie?

Liberals have largely done away with capital punishment.  Minnesota couldn't get much more liberal!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I am in favor of the Soylent Green approach to troublemakers.

Anyone remember that movie?

Liberals have largely done away with capital punishment.  Minnesota couldn't get much more liberal!

Troublemakers?  That's how conservatives are now defined.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
jafo wrote:
"Minnesota is such a weak minded state!"

A Fishrrman fearless prediction:
Minnesota is in competition with Michigan to become the first "muslim state" in the USA...