Author Topic: Why Trump’s Cyber Attack On Iran Was The Right Move  (Read 390 times)

Offline corbe

Why Trump’s Cyber Attack On Iran Was The Right Move

Cyber attacks are the future of warfare. By launching one against Iran, Trump has increased the threat to Iran without plunging the United States into war.

By David Marcus   
June 23, 2019

President Trump faced a difficult choice in the wake of Iran’s downing of an American drone over the Strait of Hormuz last week. Eventually, after ordering an attack, Trump decided against it, because the 150 estimated civilian casualties would have represented a disproportionate response to destroying an unmanned drone. But yesterday we found out he did pull the trigger on a different kind of response, and the United States launched a cyber attack against the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps, disabling some weapon systems.

Although the concept and capability of cyber warfare has existed since at least the 1980s, it is still in a very nascent, although dangerous stage. High-ranking military officials I have spoken to consider the cyber threat to the United States to be the greatest we face from foreign adversaries. Before looking at Trump’s action, and why it was a good move, it’s good to understand the current state of cyber warfare.

There are basically two types of cyber attacks that nations or non-state actors can employ. One is informational; the other degrades actual capabilities of computer networks. For obvious reasons involving Russia’s attempt to influence the 2016 election, the media in the United States has been focused on the informational side. This can include anything from social media election interference, as we saw from the Internet Research Agency, to spying through classified computer systems.

<..snip..>

https://thefederalist.com/2019/06/23/trumps-cyber-attack-iran-right-move/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Bill Cipher

Re: Why Trump’s Cyber Attack On Iran Was The Right Move
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 04:07:25 pm »
I have to give props to President Trump so far on his response to the Iranian shoot down of that drone. 

Just wish he could display this much skill in any other area. 

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 05:35:12 pm »
I have to give props to President Trump so far on his response to the Iranian shoot down of that drone. 

Just wish he could display this much skill in any other area.

My the measured response he did slap down the Democrats saying he will start a "wag the dog" war, and also the conspiracy nuts claiming the U.S. mined those tankers, again to start a wag.

Taking that argument away from them, they are now questioning if he was to soft, and even putting the military in danger for holding his stand down decision to the last minute.

Just can't win their approval no matter what he does.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 05:58:19 pm »
My the measured response he did slap down the Democrats saying he will start a "wag the dog" war, and also the conspiracy nuts claiming the U.S. mined those tankers, again to start a wag.

Taking that argument away from them, they are now questioning if he was to soft, and even putting the military in danger for holding his stand down decision to the last minute.

Just can't win their approval no matter what he does.

Hence the phrase under my Avatar:  "Heads I win, tails you lose."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: