Author Topic: What Mayor Pete Couldn’t Fix About the South Bend Cops  (Read 197 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
What Mayor Pete Couldn’t Fix About the South Bend Cops
By ADAM WREN

SOUTH BEND, Indiana—Pete Buttigieg emerged from his black Suburban outside the police department Friday night, and stepped into the middle of the tensest moment of his nearly eight-year career as mayor. Protesters, angered by a police shooting five days earlier, pressed a list of 10 demands into his hands. On the list: Would he support an independent investigation by the Justice Department?

After quickly scanning the document, Buttigieg agreed. But there were nine more issues and the crowd wasn’t appeased.

“Can you say it to us today in front of all these cameras that black lives matter?”

“Did you just ask me if black lives matter?” the normally unflappable Buttigieg replied, anger in his voice.

“Yes, we want to hear you say it,” another said.

Read more at: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/06/22/pete-buttigieg-police-shooting-227206

I know he had to go back to South Bend to deal with a police shooting crisis. I'm not sure if that ever got reported here.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: What Mayor Pete Couldn’t Fix About the South Bend Cops
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 11:25:44 pm »
He was confronted by protestors and didn't like it one little bit. Good.
Principles matter. Words matter.