Author Topic: Trump delays ICE raids two weeks to see if Congress can 'work out a solution'  (Read 6585 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That's a given....  the question is, will Trump sign it?

@EdJames

I think the most accurate response to that is "Nobody ever knows for sure what Trump is going to do."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
@EdJames

I think the most accurate response to that is "Nobody ever knows for sure what Trump is going to do."

That is true....

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@EdJames

I predict he'll sign something lousy and declare victory.  Past is Prologue.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I predict he'll sign something lousy and declare victory.  Past is Prologue.

I am going to give him every benefit of every doubt.

What I see so far is the Dems are drawn out ...exposed going into the 2020 campaign on issues Americans most care about.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I am going to give him every benefit of every doubt.

What I see so far is the Dems are drawn out ...exposed going into the 2020 campaign on issues Americans most care about.

Well then, he had better understand his based or he's screwed.  If he loses Cyber Liberty, he loses the country.   :cool:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
So, as it often happens, we are left without a clear picture of what is going on....

If we go by Trump's Tweet, he postponed the raids to allow 2 weeks for the Congress to work on fixing the "loopholes" in immigration law...

Then we hear that 5 (un-named) sources all point to McAleenan as a leaker that caused Trump to have to postpone because the leaks compromised the operation...

Then last evening Lou Dobbs starts his show saying that he talked to McAleenan on the phone yesterday and that McAleenan swears up and down that he isn't a leaker...

It sounded like Dobbs was going to have that (recorded) interview later in the show, but it never came....  He never brought it up until he had on Matt Gaetz late in the show, Dobbs mentions to Gaetz that McAleenan denies being a leaker and Gaetz tells Dobbs that he believes him.....

So we don't know why Trump postponed these deportation efforts (that he originally billed as being "millions") for supposedly two weeks....

It certainly can't be because he believes that the Pelosi House is going to pass any legislation fixing the issues.

Also, we need to keep in mind that there are two separate bills being discussed at this point, and we shouldn't confuse the two:
1.  The "humanitarian funding" supplement that is around $5 billion...  Senate has passed a version, House has a version (not yet passed to my knowledge)...
2.  The imaginary "fix the issues" bill that Trump is hoping gets passed in two weeks...  which really isn't two weeks because of the 4th of July recess coming up...

And of course what seems to be lurking in the background (if you listen carefully) is the emergence of a dreaded "comprehensive immigration reform" bill....  could that emerge as some sort of sick combination of the above 2 bills? 

Will it contain an amnesty for "N" millions?

If it does emerge in this murky atmosphere, I suspect that Trump will sign it, unfortunately....

:shrug:

Sequence of events.  Fake news on Trumps twitter from Trump.  Fake News about Mcaleenan.  Fake News to cover for the fake news coming from Trump.  And if someone leaked and it wasn't him it could have been Trumps liberal family members.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.