Author Topic: Yes, Trump Will Brush Off E. Jean Carroll’s Assault Allegation — but Women Will Remember  (Read 262 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.thedailybeast.com/yes-trump-will-brush-off-e-jean-carrolls-assault-allegation-but-women-will-remember

The last line of advice columnist E. Jean Carroll’s story of sexual assault hits like a ton of bricks. “And whether it’s my age, the fact that I haven’t met anyone fascinating enough over the past couple of decades to feel ‘the sap rising,’ as Tom Wolfe put it, or if it’s the blot of the real-estate tycoon, I can’t say. But I have never had sex with anybody ever again.”

I know E. Jean—not well, but we’ve messaged each other, and my mother is friendly with her. And since I have lived my entire life in Manhattan, she’s not the only Donald Trump accuser I know. There’s another woman mentioned in the list of Trump’s accusers, Cathy Heller, the mother of my best friend from high school; and then there are other stories I've heard, anecdotally of course, from people who didn’t want to come forward: a touched breast, an aggressive kiss on the mouth.

Friday, New York magazine published an excerpt from Carroll’s forthcoming memoir, What Do We Need Men For. It’s a memoir structured as a list of men who’ve attacked her, this list she calls “the most hideous men list.” The men on this list are largely known for such allegations: Les Moonves, Roger Ailes, and Trump.

Carroll also does a hideous-men walking tour throughout Manhattan. The excerpt covers a few attacks from a few different men, but number 20 is the one we’ll be talking about all weekend and possibly next week too, because number 20 is the president of the United States. Yes, the longtime Elle advice columnist is alleging he, who once bragged that he could grab women by the genitals, raped her in a Bergdorf Goodman’s dressing room.

more at link

How many non-college white men does it take to win re-election?

Offline corbe

BJ Clinton did it and we were all morally stricken at the disgrace brought upon the office of POTUS, now a Republican has done the same thing (basically, a hore dog also) and it's overlookable.  I'll pass, I'm not saying he did it, (in this particular instance)  I'm saying from past admitted history, it's plausible.  So put me in the @jmyrlefuller camp.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.