Author Topic: Trump tells Time reporter he can 'go to prison' for snapping unauthorized photo  (Read 242 times)

Online corbe

Trump tells Time reporter he can 'go to prison' for snapping unauthorized photo

by Ellie Bufkin

June 21, 2019 03:38 PM

President Trump suggested to a reporter from Time magazine that he could 'go to prison' when a photographer snapped a photo of a letter from North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. The president was being interviewed for a Time cover story when the letter was photographed mid-interview. Trump was being questioned about the recent investigation into possible collusion and obstruction, specifically regarding former Attorney General Jeff Sessions' testimony.

As the photo was being taken, the reporter, in the midst of a contentious conversation about Robert Mueller's investigation, said to Trump, "He [Sessions] testified under oath ... under threat of prison time, that was the case, Mr. President."

Trump, noticing the photograph responded, "Well, you can go to prison instead, because, if you use, if you use the photograph you took of the letter that I gave you ... confidentially, I didn’t give it to you to take photographs of it — so don’t play that game with me." The president had asked to go off the record when he shared the letter from Kim Jong Un.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trump-tells-time-reporter-he-can-go-to-prison-for-snapping-unauthorized-photo
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Why is he giving Kim Jong Un's letter to a Time reporter in the first place?   :shrug:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
   Why is he giving Kim Jong Un's letter to a Time reporter in the first place?   :shrug:

So Time can't say later the letter doesn't exist?  I dunno.  Although Trump was probably correct about photographing the actual letter, it was poor optics.  In another time the SS would have simply confiscated the camera and stripped the film out of it on the spot.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: