Author Topic: Robert Charles: Supreme Court speaks on Peace Cross -- Memorial crosses may stand, thank God!  (Read 262 times)

rangerrebew

Robert Charles: Supreme Court speaks on Peace Cross -- Memorial crosses may stand, thank God!
Robert Charles

Supreme Court says Peace Cross war memorial can stay

The Supreme Court has ruled that a Peace Cross war memorial on public land outside Washington, D.C., can stand; Shannon Bream reports on the 7-2 decision.

America is still America. History still counts – thank God. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled 7-2 Thursday that Bladensburg, Maryland’s iconic World War I Memorial Cross erected 100 years ago this year, can stand. The majority spoke clearly. The implications are significant.

First, in a time when history is being methodically ignored, disparaged and swept away, the Supreme Court, minus dissents from Justices Ginsburg and Sotomayor, said emphatically history counts.

The cross was erected on private land, transferred to public land in 1961, and memorializes 49 Americans who died in World War I. It has become a symbol – like other memorial crosses in America – of remembering the profound sacrifice of those who died defending America and preserving our Constitution, including free exercise of religion.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/robert-charles-supreme-court-peace-cross-bladensburg-maryland

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
...but new ones cannot be built.  Some victory.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: