Author Topic: CNN Focuses on Trump's Health, But Says Biden's Is Off-Limits  (Read 437 times)

rangerrebew

CNN Focuses on Trump's Health, But Says Biden's Is Off-Limits

By Kalev Leetaru
June 13, 2019

Earlier this week CNN took aim at Fox News for raising “baseless” questions about Joe Biden’s health, arguing that such speculation “crosses the line” from “journalism [to] activism.” Yet a closer look shows that CNN has long covered similar questions about Donald Trump’s health.

Just months after his inauguration, CNN’s Brian Stelter asked, “Is the president … suffering from some sort of illness?” A few days later the news channel ran the headline “Yes, it’s OK to question Trump’s mental health” followed in early 2018 by “Doctors want President Trump's head examined”; the latter piece argued that “the president may be struggling with some mental health challenges.” One day before its Fox News criticism, CNN ran the headline “George Conway: President is ‘mentally unwell.’”

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/06/13/cnn_focuses_on_trumps_health_but_says_bidens_is_off-limits_140555.html?dg

Online mountaineer

Re: CNN Focuses on Trump's Health, But Says Biden's Is Off-Limits
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 12:02:37 pm »
I find it interesting that we practically crawled inside Reagan's colon with his doctors, but never heard any more about Obama's physicals than the doctor suggested he stop smoking.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 01:26:08 pm »
I find it interesting that we practically crawled inside Reagan's colon with his doctors, but never heard any more about Obama's physicals than the doctor suggested he stop smoking.

I'm not so sure we ever know all that much about any president's or presidential candidate's health.  Whatever we are told is never the whole story.  Even President Reagan -- when we finally did learn he was diagnosed with dementia well after he left office, there were rumors he may have exhibited symptoms during his second term.  And when he was shot, the public wasn't really told how serious his injuries were.

This ticks me off.  I believe we should be informed as to whether our president or a candidate is healthy enough for the job.  As a voter, I don't want to elect someone who might croak a week after he's elected, or be crazy enough to launch a nuclear strike on Canada.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 02:58:31 pm »
Biden looks like a walking talking cadaver to me. No vitality. He doesn't project strength.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 07:47:46 pm »
I'd like a medical opinion on whether Biden's brain aneurysm(s) permanently affected his functioning. Sure looks like it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org