Author Topic: America’s First Third-World State By Victor Davis Hanson  (Read 470 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
   America’s First Third-World State
By Victor Davis Hanson

June 18, 2019 6:30 AM

Medieval diseases, gangs, corruption, crime, crumbling infrastructure, out-of-touch wealthy elites …

‘Third World” is now an anachronistic geographical term of the old Cold War. But after 1989, “Third World” was reinvented from a political noun into an adjective to mean more than just Asian, African, and Latin American nations nonaligned with either the West or the Soviet bloc.

Rather, the current modifier “Third World” has come to transcend geography, politics, and ethnicity. It simply denotes poor failed states all over the globe of all races and religions.

Third World symptomologies are predictably corrupt government, unequal or nonexistent applicability of the law, two rather than three classes, and the return of medieval diseases. Third World nations suffer from high taxes and poor social services, premodern infrastructure and utilities, poor transportation, tribalism, gangs, and lack of security.

more
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/06/california-third-world-state-corruption-crime-infrastructure/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: America’s First Third-World State By Victor Davis Hanson
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 02:41:50 pm »
Coming soon to a zip code VERY close to you,if it isn't already there.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 04:20:20 pm »
Coming soon to a zip code VERY close to you,if it isn't already there.

I hear about the natural beauty and rich resources of California.  I would remind that Cuba and Venezuela are beautiful, too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 07:25:44 pm »
I hear about the natural beauty and rich resources of California.  I would remind that Cuba and Venezuela are beautiful, too.
The difference is that we do not yet have a border with California.  Citizens of the other states may be well within their rights to begin quarantining California to stop the spread of disease and non-productive citizenry in infecting their states.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 07:36:29 pm »
The difference is that we do not yet have a border with California.  Citizens of the other states may be well within their rights to begin quarantining California to stop the spread of disease and non-productive citizenry in infecting their states.

You'll get no argument from me on that.  I live in AZ, about 25 miles from the southern tip of Nevada where the border of California begins along the Colorado River.  The demographics of our State have gone bad with all the Cali imports who think it's cool to vote Rat.  I lived in Phoenix Metro for about 40 years, which was Goldwater country.  My old Precinct went for Hillary in '16.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 07:56:04 pm »

@Cyber Liberty

I have never been to either,but I suspect the starving peasants would clutter up the scenery.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 08:05:17 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I have never been to either,but I suspect the starving peasants would clutter up the scenery.

@sneakypete

Only at ground level.  The forest canopies hide a lot of the riff-raff.

ETA:  That's why Haiti is a shithole no matter how you slice it.  They deforested the entire half of the island.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 08:06:15 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 08:05:21 pm »
I feel badly for VDH, he's a lifelong and very invested resident of California.  It must be very hard to accept what is going on.

These numbers are staggering:

By many criteria, 21st-century California is both the poorest and the richest state in the union. Almost a quarter of the population lives below the poverty line. Another fifth is categorized as near the poverty level — facts not true during the latter 20th century. A third of the nation’s welfare recipients now live in California. The state has the highest homeless population in the nation (135,000). About 22 percent of the nation’s total homeless population reside in the state — whose economy is the largest in the U.S., fueling the greatest numbers of American billionaires and high-income zip codes.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 08:08:10 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 08:07:51 pm »
I feel badly for VDH, he's a lifelong and very invested resident of California.  It must be very hard to accept what is going on.

I feel for VDH, too.  He has problems with squatters on his multi-generation family farm.  That has to be tough.
I will NOT comply.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2019, 01:01:47 am »
A very sobering article by Mr. Hanson, one of the best columnists today.
Worth reading in its entirety.

HINT:
Want a better experience at the National Review site?
Then, TURN OFF javascript before you load the page.

Addendum:
A video of interest:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 03:47:19 am by Fishrrman »