Author Topic: The Empty Radicalism of the Climate Apocalypse  (Read 301 times)

rangerrebew

The Empty Radicalism of the Climate Apocalypse
« on: June 20, 2019, 02:16:25 pm »

Posted on June 19, 2019 by Steven Hayward in Climate
The Empty Radicalism of the Climate Apocalypse

“The Empty Radicalism of the Climate Apocalypse” is the title of an article in the latest issue of the National Academies of Science journal Issues in Science and Technology by my very smart and sensible progressive (not always an oxymoron!) pal Ted Nordhaus of the Breakthrough Institute. While Ted agrees with the standard or “consensus” view of climate change risk, that’s about all he agrees with the climatistas about. That’s because he actually understands how energy works.

Anyway, the article is quite long and is a bracing critique of the conventional (and superficial) environmentalist views of the issue, but I thought it worth sharing his thought experiment in the form of a “future news story” that begins the article:

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/06/the-empty-radicalism-of-the-climate-apocalypse.php

Offline goatprairie

Re: The Empty Radicalism of the Climate Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 04:39:49 pm »
I was reading this morning how the wacko head of government of Ireland (taoiseach), Leo Varadkar, has great plans for Ireland because of the "threat of climate change."
By 2050 he wants to completely eliminate all gasoline-powered vehicles and other "fossil" fuels  and go all-electric. How he plans to do that by abolishing coal is beyond me. He also wants to increase immigration and get more people to live in high-density conglomerations. The better to control the people of course.
One Cambridge analyst, Michael Kelly,  called plans like that totally wacko or words to that effect. He correctly said that present non-carbon technologies would plunge advanced countries back into primitive lifestyles.
Nevertheless, I'm always amused at countries like Ireland where the temperature rarely gets in the seventies during the summer would like colder weather. I've been to Ireland. Greatly enjoyed the trip, but warm it wasn't.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The Empty Radicalism of the Climate Apocalypse
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 01:08:10 am »
"Climate change"... IS NOT about "the climate".

Can you guess what it IS about...?