Author Topic: Klobuchar says she supports Trump impeachment proceedings 'beginning now'  (Read 368 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

June 14, 2019 11:45 AM

Democratic presidential candidate Amy Klobuchar says she would support impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump "beginning now."

The Minnesota senator's comment to CNN Friday followed Trump's statement this week that he'd take information from a foreign power that offered dirt on an opponent.

Klobuchar says "it's illegal" to take something of value from a foreign country to use in a campaign. She says Trump is "sending out signals" like he did in 2016, when he publicly urged Russia to find and publish Hillary Clinton's emails.

Trump told Fox News on Friday that "of course" he'd go to the FBI or attorney general if offered dirt on an opponent.

Klobuchar says if the House prefers to conduct investigations before starting impeachment proceedings "they should be given the time to do that."

https://kstp.com/politics/klobuchar-trump-impeachment/5389918/?cat=12681
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Bill Cipher

Go right ahead.  Surest way to get him re-elected in 2020. 

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Go right ahead.  Surest way to get him re-elected in 2020.

Unless the election is postponed until after the impeachment proceedings are complete.  I look for the DEMS to start impeachment and drag things out.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Unless the election is postponed until after the impeachment proceedings are complete.  I look for the DEMS to start impeachment and drag things out.

Is it legal to postpone an election for impeachment? :shrug:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Is it legal to postpone an election for impeachment? :shrug:

I have no idea, but the legality or Constitutionality of things doesn't seem to stop the DEMS.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Bill Cipher

On what basis would the election be postponed?

And why on Earth would the democrats want to extend Trumps term in the first place?  Whom do
You think would continue to be president during such a postponement?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 05:05:37 pm by Bill Cipher »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
On what basis would the election be postponed?

And why on Earth would the democrats want to extend Trumps term in the first place?  Whom do
You think would continue to be president during such a postponement?

Trump wouldn't stay in office.  Absent of an election or Congressional action every POTUS term ends on Jan 20th as specified in the Constitution. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.