Author Topic: Belgium strikes deal with KRG to repatriate children of ISIS members: Minister  (Read 234 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Belgium strikes deal with KRG to repatriate children of ISIS members: Minister
 Wladimir van Wilgenburg |   June 13-2019

US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces watch over women and children who fled Islamic State-held territory near Baghouz, Syria, March 5, 2019. (Photo: AFP)

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) – Belgium has reached a deal with the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) to facilitate the repatriation of orphaned children of Islamic State members now in Syria, a government minister said on Wednesday.

“I hope that we can start the operation within days or weeks,” Belgian Foreign Affairs Minister Didier Reynders told the Belga news agency.

A KRG official contacted for the story said he had no information on the agreement.

There are nearly sixty Belgian children in northeast Syria held in camps run by the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF). Previously, 21 of them have returned to Belgium.

Read more at: https://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/2d43d0f4-91df-4422-aedb-51fe242f9fe1

So per the last sentence above, Belgium has had at least around 80 children due to ISIS brides, marriages. That's sure a lot for a country that size and I'm sure many ISIS soldiers went who did not father children.

Top man, Wladimir Van Wilgenberg, he's actually very immersed in the Kurdish community apparently, I've seen pictures of him playing soccer or volleyball with the people.

He just retweeted this a little while ago for us Americans:

If one is interested in what is going on over there, Wlad's account is certainly one of the best. Friendly to American interests.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 04:28:39 pm by TomSea »