Author Topic: Brexit supporter Johnson far ahead in contest to replace British PM  (Read 333 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Brexit supporter Johnson far ahead in contest to replace British PM
Elizabeth Piper

LONDON (Reuters) - Boris Johnson, who has pledged to deliver Brexit on Oct. 31, surged closer to power on Thursday, winning by far the most support from Conservative lawmakers in the first round of the contest to replace Prime Minister Theresa May.

Three years since voting 52%-48% to leave the European Union, the United Kingdom is heading toward a possible crisis over Brexit as most of the candidates vying to succeed May are prepared to leave on Oct. 31 without a deal.

While parliament has indicated it will try to stop a no-deal Brexit, which investors warn would hurt financial markets and the world economy, some of those running say it may be the only way for Britain to leave the bloc without further delay.

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-leader/brexit-supporter-johnson-far-ahead-in-contest-to-replace-british-pm-idUSKCN1TE0RI

I'd have more questions about Johnson, I'm not automatically for him. Not my country, we will see what Nigel Farage thinks.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Brexit supporter Johnson far ahead in contest to replace British PM
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 03:44:30 am »
52-48 is a win for Brexit. Why they allowed T. May (conservative party) to drag it on and on, excapes me.

Therefore I say hand the Parliament majority to Farage and his party.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln