Author Topic: House Democrats Suggest They Need a Pay Raise  (Read 388 times)

rangerrebew

House Democrats Suggest They Need a Pay Raise
« on: June 07, 2019, 03:41:11 pm »
House Democrats Suggest They Need a Pay Raise

By Rusty | Featured Contributor | June 5, 2019 1:57PM

House Democrats are so pleased with their performance in Congress that they believe taxpayers should be giving them a $4,500 pay raise.

Spending leaders have reportedly voiced support for 2020 funding bills that would no longer block cost-of-living adjustments. Congress had voted to freeze congressional salaries at $174,000 in 2009 as the midterm elections approached and while the Obama economy struggled.

GOP leaders struck down the automatic increases every year since.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/house-democrats-suggest-they-need-a-pay-raise/?utm_campaign=TPI06062019morning&utm_source=criticalimpact&utm_medium=email&utm_content=4371d3fdbb69c3b8a6473c7b9fa19141&source=CI
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 03:42:03 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: House Democrats Suggest They Need a Pay Raise
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 03:43:37 pm »
They need a pay raise as much as I need Nazi Pelosi as POTUS! farter000000

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 03:48:53 pm »
They need to stop spending money they don't have.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 04:55:59 pm »
I guess the graft that makes them all millionaires is insufficient?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Bill Cipher

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 04:59:36 pm »
They’re overpaid as is.  Particularly once benefits and retirement are taken into account. 

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 09:18:22 pm »
They’re overpaid as is.  Particularly once benefits and retirement are taken into account.

888high58888  Exactly.  A pay raise for doing what?  Sitting on their butts and allowing the invasion at our borders to continue?? I'm sorry, but the can kiss my grits!!!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 09:53:24 pm »
They aren't in it for the government checks. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 10:14:38 pm »
I suggest the House democommies focus on protecting the sovereignty of our country and the safety of its citizens.
Principles matter. Words matter.