Author Topic: Newborn babies are the first victims of AMLO's populism  (Read 243 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Newborn babies are the first victims of AMLO's populism
« on: June 02, 2019, 12:52:02 am »
AMLO, Mexico's prez, Andres Miguel Lopez Obrador (Obrador actually meaning 'worker')  AMLO for short.

Newborn babies are the first victims of AMLO's populism
By Mamela Fiallo

AMLO takes resources away from health but gives them to baseball. (PanAm Post photomontage)

The health cuts employed by Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador have already claimed their first fatalities: in Tijuana alone, 13 newborn babies died due to the lack of supplies, along with two babies, and a miscarriage in Chiapas.

The health crisis, the violence the country has suffered, and the economic projects have caused AMLO’s approval ratings to drop by 10%.

Mario Alberto Ornelas, a pediatric oncologist, confessed that his colleagues and he are tired of the current government. “It makes me very sad that patients die as a result of administrative negligence. However, this hospital has a very committed team of doctors, nurses, and staff and thanks to their commitment, the hospital has made progress,” he said.

Read more at: https://panampost.com/mamela-fiallo/2019/05/31/newborn-babies-are-the-first-victims-of-amlos-populism/

Then, it goes into some of the violence in the border city. Some of Mexico, surely not all, I read an article that the way it is in those communities now, basically, after dark, you won't go out to a restaurant or other such places. Stay home where it may be relatively safe.  And even at that, one might wonder.

I saw, years ago, one of their penitentiaries, there were bullet holes all over the brick and mortar, so who knows what we are dealing with? You can actually see those bullet holes here in that penitentiary in Chihuahua.  I was like !?? I figured, it was from back in the days of the Revolution, 100 years ago. Probably not.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 12:57:33 am by TomSea »