Author Topic: Mass shooter kills 10 plus self, injures six others at Virginia Beach  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Applewood

I was wondering why there were no photos or even the mention of his name. Now I know why.

Guess they couldn't figure out how to make him a white male NRA member,so finally had to give up.

Well, so far at least, I haven't heard any of the mass media folks right away assume the killer in this shooting was a white, right-wing, gun nut.  Remember the killings in San Bernadino?  Media was burned when immediately, the talking heads assumed the perps were "white bread."  Then it came out that the killers were a Muslim couple. 

Funny, but I never heard anything close to an apology from these so-called journalists when it turned out they were wrong.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I personally have a record of not posting the perp's picture, period and no matter who it was, having gotten into a few of these threads but carry on.

Who I'd get on over this situation is Drudge Report has a history of posting the picture of the perp when mass shootings happen but not today.

Even, I think it was the Christchurch shooting, I said in that thread, I saw no need to post the picture of the person who created all of this hurt.

And I only said, we don't need to see his giant photo, it should be reduced but remember your words when another tragic incident comes about.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 11:30:12 pm by TomSea »

Online IsailedawayfromFR

I was wondering why there were no photos or even the mention of his name. Now I know why.

Guess they couldn't figure out how to make him a white male NRA member,so finally had to give up.
This reminds me of this article

The Lie That Will Not Die and the Truth about Black Mass Shooters
Let's take a look at the headlines (with links) from a nine-day period ending Memorial Day, May 27.  One at a time, most recent day first, until we reach the 26th mass shooting from a black person.

Starting in Trenton, New Jersey.

1. "1 killed, 5 wounded as gunfire erupts in Trenton again days after 10 were hurt in shooting outside city bar."

2. As the previous headline indicates, don't confuse that mass shooting with "Police Confirm Nine Injuries in Trenton Shooting Incident" from Friday, the 25th of May.

3. Police: "Multiple people shot, including boy, in Southeast DC."  Multiple equals five.

4/5. "Six people, including teenagers shot in two separate incidents in Brooklyn."  A twofer: three each.

6. "Police: 1 dead, 2 injured after shooting in downtown St. Louis."

7. "Three people shot in South Merced neighborhood."

Let's check out the headlines and links from May 26. Spoiler alert: not a white person in sight.

8. "1 Dead, 3 Wounded After Shootout at Fort Lauderdale Parking Garage."  Not to worry — his mom says he was acting in self-defense.

9. "2 dead, 3 wounded after gunfire erupts in Little Italy."  Not too many Italians left in Little Italy.

10. "5 people shot, 3 arrested at Brunswick."  This is not even the worst one in Virginia last weekend.  So hold on.

11. "Four shot, one dead in Stockton."  Some locals call Stockton the New Chicago.

12. Transgender woman, 2 men killed in Detroit shooting.  Not the first recent murder of a transgender.  Not polite to notice that those killers are black as well.

13. Quadruple shooting in SE Baltimore Saturday night.  This happened the same night 100 black people rampaged through Baltimore's tourist Mecca, the Inner Harbor.  They were assaulting, stealing, attacking police in what none dare call a good old-fashioned race riot.  Again.

Compared to the big riot of 2016, where 120 policemen were sent to the hospital after being on the wrong end of bottles and bricks and other violence at the hands of thousands of black people, it is easier to understand why local media were so eager to brush it off as just a few kids blowing off some steam.

14. "3 Shot, Injured Overnight in North Minneapolis."  North Minneapolis is a Nice-Free Zone.

So far, nary a crazed MAGA hat–wearing Caucasian to be found.  Let's continue to May 25.

15. "3 wounded, including 17-year-old girl, in Chicago drive-by shooting."

16. "Suspect wanted in connection with Port Gibson graduation party shooting that left 1 dead and 2 injured."  Not the first mass shooting at a black graduation party this month.

17. "3 shot early Saturday near canal walk in Downtown Indianapolis."  The record for mass shootings there is 8, achieved while the Black Expo was in full swing.

18. "One dead, nine injured after shooting at 'large party' in Chesapeake."  This was the big enchilada in Virginia this week, near Norfolk.  Lots of video of the party at one of two videos I made about the recent mass shootings.  Lots of music about guns, drugs, money, b------, and murder, if that's your thing.

19. "1 dead, 2 injured after shooting at popular lounge in Midtown" Atlanta.  You are probably going to the wrong lounges.

Headlines and links from May 22.

20. "Deputies: Three people shot after fight in Waffle House parking lot in Sarasota."

21.  "1 dead, 2 injured in Algiers highway shootout Tuesday afternoon: NOPD."  That's the Big Easy.

Let's see some headlines and links from May 20.

22. "Suspect in custody identified after quadruple shooting near 16th and Memorial leaves one dead, another not expected to live."  The shooter said he had a beef.

23. "Suspect named in Alexandria shooting that killed 1, wounded 4."  That's Central Louisiana, not Virginia.

24. "Another weekend, another mass shooting.  Thirteen have been shot in 2 violent episodes this spring."  The latest one involved "1 dead, five hurt in Winston-Salem shooting late Saturday; man killed was young hip hop artist."  Both in Winston-Salem.

25. "3 people shot in Mount Hope."  This came in front of the headquarters for a San Diego black motorcycle club.  Yes, they have them.  Yes, they are no strangers to hyper-violence.

26. Let's finish up back in D.C.  "1 dead, 2 hospitalized in shooting."

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/05/the_lie_that_will_not_die_and_the_truth_about_black_mass_shooters.html
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well, so far at least, I haven't heard any of the mass media folks right away assume the killer in this shooting was a white, right-wing, gun nut.

This guy was a city employee in the building where the murders too place. The media knew within 30 minutes of the first shot being fired that he was black. They just didn't want to talk about it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I personally have a record of not posting the perp's picture, period and no matter who it was, having gotten into a few of these threads but carry on.

Who I'd get on over this situation is Drudge Report has a history of posting the picture of the perp when mass shootings happen but not today.

Even, I think it was the Christchurch shooting, I said in that thread, I saw no need to post the picture of the person who created all of this hurt.

And I only said, we don't need to see his giant photo, it should be reduced but remember your words when another tragic incident comes about.

@TomSea

That photo had already been posted here on this very same page before I posted it.

I will stop posting photos of minority murderers when the media stops posting photos of white murderers and linking white people to the NRA and murder.

We all know the truth,and we have already lost the battle if we allow our enemies to control our actions and remarks.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Right_in_Virginia

DeWayne Craddock was violent with co-workers before Virginia Beach shooting: report
NY Post, Jun 2, 2019

The gunman who shot dead 12 people at a Virginia Beach municipal building had been facing disciplinary action for a violent fight at work, according to a report.

DeWayne Craddock, 40, was still employed as an engineer with the Department of Public Utilities when he went on his shooting rampage Friday, killing 12 and injuring several others, including a cop.

But he recently started showing serious behavioral problems and got into physical “scuffles” with other city workers, a source told The New York Times.

The source told the paper that the troubles had escalated in the week leading up to the mass shooting — and Craddock was involved in what it called “a violent altercation on city grounds.”

Craddock reportedly knew he was facing disciplinary action for the fight when he went into the municipal building with two .45-caliber handguns, at least one of which was equipped with a sound suppressor — and both of which were purchased legally.

More:  https://nypost.com/2019/06/02/dewayne-craddock-had-been-getting-violent-with-co-workers-before-virginia-beach-shooting-report/

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Go to South Side Chicago.
That place is like Beirut Lebanon. People are raped, robbed, shot and killed every day of the week.
And it is all Black on Black killings. Never hear a word about it in the media.
Because it does not fit their narrative.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Go to South Side Chicago.
That place is like Beirut Lebanon. People are raped, robbed, shot and killed every day of the week.
And it is all Black on Black killings. Never hear a word about it in the media.
Because it does not fit their narrative.

@240B

And the truth no one dares speak is that even the black leaders don't give a damn about "de bruddas in de hood" except for when they need them for votes or to pressure the system into giving them more money or board/committee seats.

Anybody that thinks Sharpie or JJ give a damn about LeRoi frum de hood is freaking delusional

Yeah,the "generic" black man DOES have enemies,and the most dangerous of them are what passes for the black leadership that has a vested interest in keeping them poor,on welfare,and shooting each other because THOSE are the tools the leadership uses to stay in power and in the cash flow.

Offline goatprairie

@240B

And the truth no one dares speak is that even the black leaders don't give a damn about "de bruddas in de hood" except for when they need them for votes or to pressure the system into giving them more money or board/committee seats.

Anybody that thinks Sharpie or JJ give a damn about LeRoi frum de hood is freaking delusional

Yeah,the "generic" black man DOES have enemies,and the most dangerous of them are what passes for the black leadership that has a vested interest in keeping them poor,on welfare,and shooting each other because THOSE are the tools the leadership uses to stay in power and in the cash flow.
A very large percentage of the black on black violence could be stopped tomorrow if certain measures were taken, and I don't mean racist ideas like shipping all blacks back to Africa.
But the measures I would impose would be deemed unconstitutional/racist by the powers that be who seem to be more satisfied with the annual slaughter than doing something about it.
Candlelight vigils and pleas for less violence won't work. But that's all libs (and many conservatives) think will work. And if people think urging black women not to bear illegitimate children, get married, and not be  single mothers is the answer, don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.
Things like what Giuliani did in NY worked well. Stop and frisk in high crime areas. Bloomberg continued that as well. But DeBlasio discontinued that, and now the violent crime rate is rising again.
Strict curfews need to placed on black males in cities where the violent crime rate is out of control.
Will that happen? I doubt it.  Anybody who suggests that is labeled a racist or it's unconstitutional.
Then the slaughter will continue. 

Offline verga

A very large percentage of the black on black violence could be stopped tomorrow if certain measures were taken, and I don't mean racist ideas like shipping all blacks back to Africa.
But the measures I would impose would be deemed unconstitutional/racist by the powers that be who seem to be more satisfied with the annual slaughter than doing something about it.
Candlelight vigils and pleas for less violence won't work. But that's all libs (and many conservatives) think will work. And if people think urging black women not to bear illegitimate children, get married, and not be  single mothers is the answer, don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.
Things like what Giuliani did in NY worked well. Stop and frisk in high crime areas. Bloomberg continued that as well. But DeBlasio discontinued that, and now the violent crime rate is rising again.
Strict curfews need to placed on black males in cities where the violent crime rate is out of control.
Will that happen? I doubt it.  Anybody who suggests that is labeled a racist or it's unconstitutional.
So you're saying that Daddy Cuomo's idea about "Midnight basketball" was a bad idea. Come on don't you know that they just need to feel better about themselves. Give them a participation award and guaranteed $1000 and all the crime will go away.  /SARC
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline goatprairie

So you're saying that Daddy Cuomo's idea about "Midnight basketball" was a bad idea. Come on don't you know that they just need to feel better about themselves. Give them a participation award and guaranteed $1000 and all the crime will go away.  /SARC
Whatever ideas they've come up, other than S and F, haven't worked. Many libs still propose the supremely stupid idea that whites make black people kill each other. In their insipid words black males "internalize" the hatred felt towards them by whites and are forced to "act out" their aggression on other black males.
It's time to stop the nonsense and following worthless ideas with more worthless ideas.
Nobody in power wants to face the reality that black males won't voluntarily stop killing each other and hundreds of innocent black children in the process.
Proactive measures have to be taken.
But again, I'm not holding my breath.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Yep, let police be police and a lot of it will go away... This fellow seemed to be fairly educated and situated in nice government job, but went bonko anyway... one will never eliminate all violence...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@goatprairie

The slaughter will continue because it serves the purposes of what passes for the black "leadership".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yep, let police be police and a lot of it will go away... This fellow seemed to be fairly educated and situated in nice government job, but went bonko anyway... one will never eliminate all violence...

@Sighlass

There is no such thing as protection against random crazy people of any race,other than having a firearm on you ,and you being prepared to use it. T

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Why didn't a person rush this mother effin father raper like the last two HS heroes?  Are adults that big of Sheeps?  Sad
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

Off topic, but did someone say "Chicago?"

Burst of violence leaves 31 shot in less than 12 hours in Chicago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/burst-of-violence-leaves-31-shot-in-less-than-12-hours-in-chicago/ar-AACfFnW?ocid=spartanntp

Seems to me more people die in Chicago on any given weekend than in any mass murder like this Va. Beach shooting.

Offline Applewood

Why didn't a person rush this mother effin father raper like the last two HS heroes?  Are adults that big of Sheeps?  Sad

Who knows?  Maybe this was a "gun free zone."  Also, I think I read this guy was shooting at random and maybe there was little time to react.

Honestly, I can't blame people for not rushing the guy unless they were trained law enforcement.  I know I'd probably be frozen.  Those who do step in at the risk of their own lives are extraordinary.  The average shlub  would probably be too scared.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Murder ranked by US cities. You can make your own assumptions on demographics.

This sort has St. Louis with the highest murder rate (66.07) per 100,000 population and has Irvine Calif. with the lowest rate per 100,000 (0.72.

Other cities rounding out the murder top five: Baltimore, Detroit, New Orleans, Baton Rouge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_crime_rate#Crime_rates_per_100,000_people_per_year.

Other cities rounding out the safety rate include Chula Vista CA, Freemont CA, Boise ID, Santa Clarita CA
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Murder ranked by US cities. You can make your own assumptions on demographics.

This sort has St. Louis with the highest murder rate (66.07) per 100,000 population and has Irvine Calif. with the lowest rate per 100,000 (0.72.

Other cities rounding out the murder top five: Baltimore, Detroit, New Orleans, Baton Rouge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_crime_rate#Crime_rates_per_100,000_people_per_year.

Other cities rounding out the safety rate include Chula Vista CA, Freemont CA, Boise ID, Santa Clarita CA

@truth_seeker

The area of St.Louis where the majority of the murders occur is East St.Louis. Guess the demographics

Back when I was drinking WAAAAY too much,I suddenly became sober late one Saturday night,and realized I was in East St.Louis,and the natives were restless and staring at me like they were planning a Bar-B-Que. It looked like the street scenes you see about Mogadishu with trash barrels burning,and crowds of drunk and high people just wandering around.

There I was,the only white man in sight anywhere,and all I had was a 6 shot 38 Special revolver,and no reloads. I sobered instantly,and got the hell out of there. To this day I have no idea why I was even there. Last I remembered I was on the east coast,and the only people I even knew from St.Louis both got killed in VN. To this day I think the only reason I was able to get out of there was the natives thought I was part of a police sting operation. Everybody close enough to see I was white would stare at me with hatred.

That was the beginning of the end of my marathon drinking bouts.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

This guy was a city employee in the building where the murders too place. The media knew within 30 minutes of the first shot being fired that he was black. They just didn't want to talk about it.
NPR dodged it with "Police are concentrating on the victims", without ever mentioning the ethnicity of the shooter.

About 500 miles of the 1100 home, NPR was the only radio station that came in. I finally had to turn that drivel off--I prefer my own singing to that, and it has the added bonus of getting any infiltrating mice in the van to jump off at 80 MPH... 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Why I don't necessarily buy the whole "random" thingy, is it sounds like he was going from office to office and killing people. That sounds more targeted to me than random. We won't know without some focus on the shooter, and that appears to not be forthcoming.

You need some room to successfully confront someone in a 'rush', and multiple targets to keep the person(s) doing the rushing from being killed before they get there. People behind desks would be easy targets.

Of course, "random" is scarier for the masses, because there is no motive, that could happen to anyone. If there was a motive, (no matter how paranoiacally twisted or mentally off), the terror value of the incident in the media fails because most people aren't involved, and generally don't go around giving people a reason, real or imagined, to bust a cap in them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
NPR dodged it with "Police are concentrating on the victims", without ever mentioning the ethnicity of the shooter.

About 500 miles of the 1100 home, NPR was the only radio station that came in. I finally had to turn that drivel off--I prefer my own singing to that, and it has the added bonus of getting any infiltrating mice in the van to jump off at 80 MPH...

888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien