Author Topic: Canada's Trudeau to discuss 'backsliding' on abortion with VP Pence  (Read 270 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Canada's Trudeau to discuss 'backsliding' on abortion with VP Pence

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Wednesday he would raise his concerns about “backsliding” on women’s rights in the United States and elsewhere when he meets U.S. Vice President Mike Pence, one of the most prominent American abortion opponents.

Pence is due to travel to Ottawa on Thursday to meet with Trudeau, and the bulk of their discussions were expected to focus on trade issues, like ratifying the new North American trade pact and continuing tensions with China.

But, asked by a reporter whether he would discuss abortion with Pence, Trudeau replied in French: “You all know my opinion on that. We will always defend women’s rights. I am very concerned about the conservative movement, which is beginning to take away the rights of women in the United States and elsewhere.”

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-canada-women/canadas-trudeau-to-discuss-backsliding-on-abortion-with-vp-pence-idUSKCN1SZ2W6

Countries with very liberal abortion laws, North Korea, Canada, USA and (I think) Russia.