Author Topic: Breaking: Man with knives stabs children at Japan bus stop; at least 19 wounded  (Read 359 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Man with knives stabs children at Japan bus stop; at least 19 wounded

Japan mass stabbing — Kawasaki

Rescue workers operate at the site where multiple people were injured in a suspected stabbing by a man, in Kawasaki, Japan, on Tue., May 28, 2019, in this photo released by Kyodo. Reuters

A man carrying a knife in each hand and screaming "I will kill you" attacked a group of schoolchildren waiting at a bus stop just outside Tokyo on Tuesday, wounding at least 19 people, including 13 children, Japanese authorities and media said.

The victims were lined up at a bus stop near Noborito Park in Kawasaki City when a man in his 40s or 50s attacked. NHK national television, quoting police, said that the suspect died after slashing himself in the neck. Police wouldn't immediately confirm the report or provide or other specific details.

It wasn't immediately clear how many others had died.

Read more at: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/japan-mass-stabbing-noborito-park-kawasaki-city-bus-stop-dead-live-updates-today-2019-05-27/

Suspect per above, killed himself by slashing his neck. I've heard of something like this.  These events are rare over there but I think something like this has happened in China too, or someone attacking a bus stop when children are there or at the school. Very sad for the toddlers. I hope this isn't too bad.

That last sentence is a bit puzzling, so far, we have reports of wounded and then it says "It wasn't immediately clear how many others had died", so maybe another attack earlier?  They must be about a day ahead of us, something like that so this probably happened fairly early morning.

So far, one girl killed, RIP.

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1133198305859706880
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 03:21:13 am by TomSea »

Online mountaineer

Two dead in addition to the assailant.
A schoolgirl and an adult man were killed and 15 other young girls injured in a stabbing at a bus stop just outside Tokyo Tuesday, Japanese national broadcaster NHK cited authorities as saying, and another man detained at the scene also later died.

The girls, aged between 6 and 12, were students at a private Catholic school in Kawasaki city, south of Tokyo, and were boarding their school bus when the suspect attacked them, according to NHK. ...

It said the girl who was killed was aged 12. A 39-year-old man was also killed and another woman was severely injured along with the 15 other schoolgirls who were hurt, NHK said.

A suspect was detained at the scene after stabbing himself in the neck but died later, NHK cited police as saying. It said the man, a Kawasaki resident probably in his 50s, was unconscious when he was detained. ...
More

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org