Author Topic: Republican Justin Amash Calls for Impeachment – While Holding Personal Business Interests in China…  (Read 2724 times)

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Republican Justin Amash Calls for Impeachment – While Holding Personal Business Interests in China…

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/05/18/republican-justin-amash-calls-for-impeachment-while-holding-personal-business-interests-in-china/

Michigan Republican Congressman Justin Amash made headlines Saturday by declaring on Twitter that President Trump deserved impeachment.  The media was quick to promote his position and advance an anti-Trump narrative.  However, a review of Amash’s financial interests quickly reveals a very personal business motive.  His family tool business is heavily invested in Chinese manufacturing.

In his 2017 financial disclosure forms (pdf here), Representative Amash reports income of between $100,000 to $1,000,000/yr. for his ownership stake in Michigan Industrial Tools.  Michigan Industrial Tools is the parent company, manufacturing in China, that produces Tekton Tools, Justin Amash’s Michigan family business.

According to an earlier Michigan article “Amash is a co-owner of Dynamic Source International, a Chinese company that supplies Michigan Industrial Tools.”  A visit to the website of Dynamic Source International (link) shows the company operates “manufacturing and factory facilities located in Hangzhou, capital city of Zhejiang Province”, China.

When you follow the internal link [“MIT-Tool“] within Dynamic Source International website, it connects to the portal of  Tekton Tools:

--sniped--
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 12:23:01 pm by EdJames »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
....."not even a smidgen of corruption"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
....."not even a smidgen of corruption"

@The Ghost

The hypocrisy as well as the desire to put self ahead of country is enough reason to get his ass booted out of Congress,if not time in prison for violating his oath of office.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Trumpsters can no longer recognize a principled conservative.  I agree with Rep Amash because I believe...

1. Attorney General Barr has deliberately misrepresented Mueller’s report.
2. President Trump has engaged in impeachable conduct.
3. Partisanship has eroded our system of checks and balances.
4. Few members of Congress have read the report.

I'm glad he said it.

Offline Victoria33

Amash has a family business with items made in China.  That has nothing to do with his impeachment statement about Trump.  Trump's clothes for men, including ties he sells and Ivanka's clothes (and I think she also has a line of shoes she sells) are all made in China.

We all have items made by China in our houses.  Should everyone who has China items in their houses be fired from his/her job (same as impeachment) because they have them?

Amash has a family business with items made in China.  That has nothing to do with his impeachment statement about Trump.  Trump's clothes for men, including ties he sells and Ivanka's clothes (and I think she also has a line of shoes she sells) are all made in China.

We all have items made by China in our houses.  Should everyone who has China items in their houses be fired from his/her job (same as impeachment) because they have them?

I heard Michigan has farmers that sell to China too.
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2019/05/michigan-farmers-say-nobody-wins-in-trumps-trade-war-with-china.html

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Amash is wrong. There’s nothing in the report related to the original investigation scope, that justifies impeachment. However, there are a number of investigations, currently being handled by other prosecutors, that may reveal impeachable offenses. I find it rather amusing, however, that Treehouse thinks they’ve found a financial/business conflict with Amash, but aren’t particularly concerned with Trump financial opacity.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trumpsters can no longer recognize a principled conservative.

@Once-Ler

ROFLMAO! Good one!

I agree with Rep Amash because I believe...

Your knee jerked?

I'm glad he said it.

No doubt.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Victoria33

Amash has a family business with items made in China.  That has nothing to do with his impeachment statement about Trump.

NOBODY is that freaking naive. Not even you.

Trump's clothes for men, including ties he sells and Ivanka's clothes (and I think she also has a line of shoes she sells) are all made in China.

Are you arguing with yourself? You seem to be confused.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Amash is wrong. There’s nothing in the report related to the original investigation scope, that justifies impeachment. However, there are a number of investigations, currently being handled by other prosecutors, that may reveal impeachable offenses. I find it rather amusing, however, that Treehouse thinks they’ve found a financial/business conflict with Amash, but aren’t particularly concerned with Trump financial opacity.

@edpc

Why WOULD they be when it is right out in the open,AND HIS POLICIES WOULD COST HIM MONEY?

Cheer up! Jorge Bush is climbing the political ladder in Texas now as fast as his family can buy him an office,so one day soon you can support a Dim in RINO clothing and go back to being a Bush-Bot

Offline edpc

@edpc

Why WOULD they be when it is right out in the open,AND HIS POLICIES WOULD COST HIM MONEY?

Cheer up! Jorge Bush is climbing the political ladder in Texas now as fast as his family can buy him an office,so one day soon you can support a Dim in RINO clothing and go back to being a Bush-Bot

Everything is Dim and Bush with you. You’re an unrelenting, post-blitzing, tiresome bore. Why don’t you throw out the full kitchen sink of non-sequiturs, tell us, once again, some ‘Nam stories, and how you’re Greek and American Indian.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Victoria33

I heard Michigan has farmers that sell to China too.
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2019/05/michigan-farmers-say-nobody-wins-in-trumps-trade-war-with-china.html
@Once-Ler
@sneakypete

Your post, Once, supports what I said, having a family business where the items are made in China, has nothing to do with the Trump impeachment statement.  sneakypete is the one confused, not me.  Your statement about farmers being hit by the China tariff is true.  Heard farmers speak about this two days ago.  They said they will not vote for Trump again.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Precedent shows that it doesn't have to be related to the scope of initial investigation. Case in point, Bll Clinton. None of his charges related to Whitewater.

https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/1129831624722526209

Justin Amash @justinamash

Impeachment, which is a special form of indictment, does not even require probable cause that a crime (e.g., obstruction of justice) has been committed; it simply requires a finding that an official has engaged in careless, abusive, corrupt, or otherwise dishonorable conduct.
12:30 PM - 18 May 2019

Offline edpc

Precedent shows that it doesn't have to be related to the scope of initial investigation. Case in point, Bll Clinton. None of his charges related to Whitewater.

That’s one of the reasons why new rules were made for the special counsel. It’s also why some matters, a few yet unknown, were referred to other prosecutors.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Impeachment, which is a special form of indictment, does not even require probable cause that a crime (e.g., obstruction of justice) has been committed; it simply requires a finding that an official has engaged in careless, abusive, corrupt, or otherwise dishonorable conduct.

Madison called it a violation of the trust of the American public. One would be really shocked how low the bar is based on prior impeachments or articles being drawn up.

Like I've pointed out before, Andrew Johnson was impeached for 'disrespecting congress' and firing people be technically had the Constitutional power to.

Offline edpc

This is factually true. However, I don’t agree with the application of it, as a purely political tool, because it sets terrible precedent. In my view, it’s similar to the emergency declaration. Both are permissible, but both are overreaching.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
U.S.
Ivanka Trump Receives New China Trademarks, Raising Ethics Concerns
By Jessica Kwong On 5/28/18 at 12:07 PM EDT

https://www.newsweek.com/ivanka-trump-scores-five-china-trademarks-raising-ethics-concerns-946303

Is Trump On China's Payroll? If So, Impeach Him

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anderscorr/2017/04/20/is-trump-on-chinas-payroll-if-so-impeach-him/#3b38e72841f1

Come on!  You are not helping Trump by posting this stuff.  Many, many businesses in America either buy parts in China or have certain parts of their products manufactured there.  The Trumps can't say they don't have ties to China either.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I will refrain for calling what Trump did an impeachable offense.  But lets face the fact that it wasn't one of those things that will go down in American History as great.  The only defense we have is Democrats do the same.  Our government operates on shady and corrupt.  Why make excuses for it? 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jpsb

@Once-Ler
@sneakypete

Your post, Once, supports what I said, having a family business where the items are made in China, has nothing to do with the Trump impeachment statement.  sneakypete is the one confused, not me.  Your statement about farmers being hit by the China tariff is true.  Heard farmers speak about this two days ago.  They said they will not vote for Trump again.

So the farmers think it's ok to ship all our manufacturing and millions of jobs to China
which uses our $$$ to build their military so they can defeat us in a war? What a bunch
of dumb farmers. Back in the day people were not that stupid about Communist China.

Offline dancer

Amash father = Palestinian

Amash mother = Syrian

Amash $$$:

Offline Chosen Daughter

Justin Amash, Israel and AIPAC
November 29, 2010

tags: AIPAC, Arab American Institute, Justin Amash
by Jeff Smith (GRIID)

Yesterday, the Grand Rapids Press ran a short blurb mentioning that the Arab American Institute (AAI) considers Justin Amash’s election to Congress as a victory, since Amash himself is an Arab American.

The Press coverage of the 3rd Congressional race did not make the ethnicity of Amash an issue during the election campaign and did not mention that some of his largest donors were Arab American business owners such as the owner of Martha’s Vineyard in Grand Rapids.

The AAI considers the election of Amash as a victory since it increases the number of Arab Americans in Congress. One can certainly argue that increasing the racial diversity of Congress is an improvement, but racial diversity alone does not mean that there will be an improvement with major policy decisions.

For instance, the AAI also supports a more progressive or liberal position when it comes to US foreign policy with countries such as Iraq, Lebanon and with Palestine. Amash himself did not have a well-developed position on Israel/Palestine on his website during the campaign, but what content he did have, was not terribly consistent with what the AAI advocates. More important was a position paper that Amash wrote concerning US/Israeli relations.

The position paper is written with language that emphasizes the need for Israel to have security and it condemns the use of violence and terrorism to achieve political gains for Palestinians. The position paper goes on to criticize Iran’s desire to develop any nuclear capability, but fails to mention that Israel already possesses nuclear weapons.

In many ways the position paper by Amash reads like it was written by the American Israeli Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC). In fact, AIPAC may have played a role in writing the position paper by Justin Amash, since it is mentioned as part of an announcement about an AIPAC event in Grand Rapids that will include comments from Rep. Amash.

The announcement appears on Facebook and states “Representative-elect Amash worked closely with AIPAC throughout his campaign.” The announcement also states, “In addition to regularly speaking with AIPAC’s leaders in West Michigan and meeting with AIPAC’s professional staff, Representative-elect Amash traveled to Detroit to attend both the annual AIPAC Michigan Community Event in May and the AIPAC Michigan Annual Brunch in October. We value Representative-elect Amash’s friendship and look forward to continuing to work closely with him.”

The AIPAC meeting with Rep. Justin Amash will be held at Temple Emanuel in Grand Rapids and is open to the public at 7pm on December 13. GRIID plans on being there to report on what happens during the AIPAC-sponsored public forum, but it already seems clear that despite his Arab heritage, Amash is clearly in the pro-Israeli camp.

https://griid.org/2010/11/29/justin-amash-israel-and-aipac/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I will refrain for calling what Trump did an impeachable offense. 

What did he do?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Donald J. Trump‏
Verified account  @realDonaldTrump

Never a fan of @justinamash, a total lightweight who opposes me and some of our great Republican ideas and policies just for the sake of getting his name out there through controversy. If he actually read the biased Mueller Report, “composed” by 18 Angry Dems who hated Trump,....

....he would see that it was nevertheless strong on NO COLLUSION and, ultimately, NO OBSTRUCTION...Anyway, how do you Obstruct when there is no crime and, in fact, the crimes were committed by the other side? Justin is a loser who sadly plays right into our opponents hands!

6:55 AM - 19 May 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1130109633673211906