Author Topic: The Bible Contest and the IAF air show: What to do on (Israeli) Independence Day  (Read 286 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Now, Israeli independence day is? May 8-9, 2019,  according to bing.com...
Yom Ha'atzmaut 2019

began Wednesday, May 8
        at sunset
    ends Thursday, May 9
        at nightfall

And the actual day of independence was gained was May 14, 1948. Anyway, not to get carried away...
The Bible Contest and the IAF air show: What to do on Independence Day

The State of Israel launched on Wednesday its 71st Independence Day with a traditional ceremony on Mount Herzl.

At 8:00 p.m., the flag was raised and Israel's Memorial Day came to an end. The happier holiday was brought in with fireworks and performances in various cities and towns. 

On Thursday, as many Israelis enjoy what has become a traditional barbecue with their families and loved ones, state events will take place, as well.

Read more at: https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/The-Bible-Contest-and-the-IAF-air-show-What-to-do-on-Independence-Day-589221

Israel
Israel marks independence day with somber ceremony honoring fallen soldiers
By Jeff Paul | Fox News

JERUSALEM -- The day started in Israel on a somber note.

Thousands across the country came to a stand-still to remember fallen soldiers and victims of terrorism who were honored on Israel's Memorial Day.

The sirens ringing out for two minutes as the clock hit 11 a.m., local time.

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/world/israel-independence-day

Recommended,   Matthew RJ Brodsky twitter account.  Then, from there, one can get a link to his blog. Articles.    He ought to drop by here. You meet someone on the internet, you know, you can't necessarily trust someone. I'm sure of that.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

I will have to watch this later, he appears on i24, that is something like Israel 24 hours, but also on TRT, that is Turkish TV if I am not mistaken and I've seen him appear on some other news outfit, maybe CGTV, China Global TV. I can't remember the name. He hails from the US but went to Tel Aviv University.  His appearances may be more on internet news services and the English version, say TRT, that's Turkey but he's on the English broadcasts.

The 3rd guy in the video, the one without much hair... it looks like he has one of those "worship" bruises on his forehead... meaning, he spends so much time on the prayer mat with his head bent down in that manner, a sort of bruise or mark forms. There's some special word for that. That's pretty amazing.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 06:37:22 am by TomSea »