Author Topic: US man arrested over murder of shopkeeper in Italy  (Read 385 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
US man arrested over murder of shopkeeper in Italy
« on: May 07, 2019, 05:27:00 pm »
US man arrested over murder of shopkeeper in Italy
By Livia Borghese and Rob Picheta, CNN

CCTV footage appears to show Michael Aaron Pang walking in the street out of the shop.

Rome (CNN)Italian police have arrested an American citizen on suspicion of brutally murdering a shopkeeper in the city of Viterbo, near Rome, authorities told CNN Sunday.

Michael Aaron Pang, 22, from Overland Park, Kansas, is accused of beating 74-year-old shop worker Norveo Fedeli to death after being unable to pay for clothes, according to Lt. Col. Guglielmo Trombetta of Italy's paramilitary police, the Carabinieri.

Pang arrived in Italy in mid-February and rented a bed and breakfast in the village of Capodimonte, the officer said.

Read more at: https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/05/europe/viterbo-italy-murder-us-man-intl/index.html

FTR, for the record, this appears to be a Chinese type last name according to this: https://www.revolvy.com/page/Pang-%28surname%29

People of all ethnic backgrounds commit heinous crimes of course but it doesn't hurt to know... and from Kansas?? Overland??

Offline skeeter

Re: US man arrested over murder of shopkeeper in Italy
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 05:30:03 pm »
The dude's of Korean heritage, supposedly. Whomever he is he's about to explore the mysteries of the Italian penal system.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 05:38:51 pm »
The dude's of Korean heritage, supposedly. Whomever he is he's about to explore the mysteries of the Italian penal system.

He should get the Mussolini Treatment.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 06:02:25 pm »
It probably happens more that Americans are killed in Italy, I'm not ripping Italy on this. It happens. There was a student I read about. I'd really have to get the article... and then, I read of another story not that long ago.

This is probably why this is a rather shocking story, because stories of Americans killing abroad are rare and let's not count, say the odd story on a member of the military doing it in Okinawa or somewhere.