Author Topic: How the West's war in Libya has spurred terrorism in 14 countries  (Read 302 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
How the West's war in Libya has spurred terrorism in 14 countries
Mark Curtis

Eight years on from Nato's war in Libya in 2011, as the country enters a new phase in its conflict, I have taken stock of the number of countries to which terrorism has spread as a direct product of that war.

The number is at least 14. The legacy of David Cameron's, Nicolas Sarkozy's and Barack Obama's overthrow of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi has been gruesomely felt by Europeans and Africans.

Yet holding these leaders accountable for their decision to go to war is as distant as ever. 

Read more at: https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/how-wests-war-libya-has-spurred-terrorism-14-countries

Algeria has 40 million, Libya has a population of 6.2 million per bing.

Usually I would dismiss a notion like this, even if it did happen under Obama/Clinton but someone needed to get in there and stabilize the situation on the ground. As if Iraq wasn't bad enough, then, to go into Libya?  And for a period of time, Libya was recovering. Someone was pulling the strings on Libya. Nato? I don't know. It does seem like the French first went in and then, we did and Obama did not sound quite convincing.  Pretty wild scene, I also watch 13 hours pretty frequently, great movie and a lot of those folks, I think in the CIA mainly resigned over the whole treatment they got.

Offline dfwgator

Re: How the West's war in Libya has spurred terrorism in 14 countries
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 03:52:00 am »
"We Came. We Saw. He Died"