Author Topic: Russian bikers refused entry to Poland  (Read 301 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Russian bikers refused entry to Poland
« on: May 03, 2019, 05:24:12 pm »
Russian bikers refused entry to Poland

Polish border guards refused entry to the Night Wolves motorcycle club members travelling to the motor rally “Roads of Victory - to Berlin 2019”.

The incident occurred on the Belarusian-Polish border, where the Night Wolves club members gathered, arriving not only from Russia but also from Germany, Poland and Italy.

“Yesterday we said that there were no problems at the border,” wrote representatives of the Night Wolves Polish branch Nocne Wilki on their Facebook account on May 1. Unfortunately, the bus with our technical equipment was not allowed to cross the border. The border guards were very nice, and we could see that they were simply carrying out orders from “above”.

According to the leader of the Night Wolves Polish branch, Dariusz Kachmarchik, bikers with German passports were also not allowed into Poland, and the motorcyclists from Italy were kept at the border for eight hours.

Read more at: http://uawire.org/russian-bikers-refused-entry-to-poland?fbclid=IwAR3KYpiJw4s3rcrziZRDMuqfXsepzZIhze5a_8VpUZ_SQX7KlgZbVweUqPE

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Russian bikers refused entry to Poland
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 07:12:44 pm »
I had to look them up, @TomSea:

Putin’s Angels: Inside Russia’s Most Infamous Motorcycle Club

The Night Wolves are backed by the Kremlin, fighting in Ukraine and hellbent on restoring the empire

The president of Russia’s most infamous motorcycle club emerges from a purifying swim in the still waters of a former slurry pond. He cuts a striking figure: tall, tattooed, plated with muscle. His hair, a leonine mane, clings to his back in dark ringlets. A silver crucifix dangles from his neck. “He goes to the lake, swimming for an hour, to maintain himself in a moral state,” says one of his lieutenants, a stout, chain-smoking Kazakh named Arman.

The leader’s name is the Surgeon, and he is the president of the Night Wolves, the largest motorcycle club in Russia. He is a busy man. Over the past week, he has been composing the script for the Night Wolves’ signature event: an annual bike show held here in Sevastopol — a city on the coast of Russia’s recently reacquired Crimean Peninsula — combining motorcycle stunts, military maneuvers and strident nationalist pageantry. One evening, I was told, he also met with Argentina’s vice president. Several weeks before that, he challenged a local lawmaker to a duel. The official had objected to a dubious government land deal that would rent a sprawling, defunct gravel factory, where the Night Wolves hold their bike show, at a 99.9 percent discount. (The official declined the challenge.)

After his swim, the Surgeon strides over to a replica World War II fighter plane. A battle tank, imported from a film studio in Kazakhstan, sits parked nearby in the scrub grass. Both would be incorporated into the Night Wolves’ bike show in several weeks — a phantasmagorical spectacle celebrating the Red Army’s victory over Hitler and intended to feed Russia’s growing Soviet nostalgia. “I’m very excited by the topic of war at the moment,” the Surgeon says. “I’m not bleep interested in show just for show. I’m a warrior. I’m fighting for my country, for my history. I’m talking about what Russia is facing now. Especially America, putting the shit on it.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/putins-angels-inside-russias-most-infamous-motorcycle-club-56360/#!

Long but interesting.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 01:40:55 am »
@Sanguine

Thanks for the informative article. I knew I'd read on them before. I knew they were something wolves.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 12:44:21 pm »
Recently, an ideological scandal in Poland was associated with Russian bikers, when several motorcyclists headed by the local Gold Wing Club president.....

Who can blame them? I never trusted anyone that rode Gold Wings,either.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!