Author Topic: U.S. Navy Warships Patrol Taiwan Strait  (Read 418 times)

Offline thackney

U.S. Navy Warships Patrol Taiwan Strait
« on: April 29, 2019, 02:52:51 pm »
U.S. Navy Warships Patrol Taiwan Strait
https://gcaptain.com/u-s-navy-warships-patrol-taiwan-strait/
April 29, 2019

The U.S. military said it sent two Navy warships through the Taiwan Strait on Sunday as the Pentagon increases the frequency of movement through the strategic waterway despite opposition from China.

The voyage risks further raising tensions with China but will likely be viewed by self-ruled Taiwan as a sign of support from the Trump administration amid growing friction between Taipei and Beijing.

Taiwan is one of a growing number of flashpoints in the U.S.-China relationship, which also include a trade war, U.S. sanctions and China’s increasingly muscular military posture in the South China Sea, where the United States also conducts freedom-of-navigation patrols.

The two destroyers were identified as the William P. Lawrence and Stethem. The 112-mile-wide (180-km) Taiwan Strait separates Taiwan from China....

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

rangerrebew

Re: U.S. Navy Warships Patrol Taiwan Strait
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 10:14:45 am »
US Warships Sail Through Taiwan Strait, Defense Ministry Says

29 Apr 2019
Fox News | By Bradford Betz

Taiwan's defense ministry on Monday said two U.S. warships sailed through the Taiwan Strait over the weekend, a move likely to heighten tension with Beijing.

The ships sailed from the south to the north through the waterway that divides Taiwan from mainland China, the ministry said.
Join our ranks Bring your skillset to a company that supports you.

Beijing frequently objects to the movement of foreign military vessels through the contest area on its claim to Taiwan as its own territory to be annexed by force if necessary.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/04/29/us-warships-sail-through-taiwan-strait-defense-ministry-says.html
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 10:15:31 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 12:55:47 pm »
Topics merged/
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 07:29:52 pm »
Topics merged/

Anyone else noticing the escalation on so many fronts right now?  NK, China, Iran, Venezuela

I don't think this is any accident or coincidence.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 09:34:22 pm »
Anyone else noticing the escalation on so many fronts right now?  NK, China, Iran, Venezuela

I don't think this is any accident or coincidence.

It’s not a coincidence. Right now, the US economy is doing very well. Any serious addressing of these hotspots has the potential derail it. Bad actors know they can push limits, at this moment.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.