Author Topic: Klobuchar on impeachment: 'I'm the jury'  (Read 928 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Klobuchar on impeachment: 'I'm the jury'
« on: April 22, 2019, 11:26:44 pm »
By Julia Manchester - 04/22/19 07:18 PM EDT

Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) did not say whether she believed the House should move forward with impeaching President Trump, telling a CNN Town Hall audience on Monday that the Senate would act as the jury.

“I believe that I am the jury here," Klobuchar, who sits on the Senate Judiciary Committee, said when asked whether Trump should be impeached amid the release of special counsel Robert Mueller's probe into alleged ties between the Trump campaign and Russian interference in the 2016 election.

“I am in the Senate, I believe that we are the jury," she said, adding that Trump should be held accountable for his actions described in the Mueller report.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/440111-klobuchar-on-impeachment-im-the-jury
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Klobuchar on impeachment: 'I'm the jury'
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 11:59:52 pm »
By Julia Manchester - 04/22/19 07:18 PM EDT

Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) did not say whether she believed the House should move forward with impeaching President Trump, telling a CNN Town Hall audience on Monday that the Senate would act as the jury.

“I believe that I am the jury here," Klobuchar, who sits on the Senate Judiciary Committee, said when asked whether Trump should be impeached amid the release of special counsel Robert Mueller's probe into alleged ties between the Trump campaign and Russian interference in the 2016 election.

“I am in the Senate, I believe that we are the jury," she said, adding that Trump should be held accountable for his actions described in the Mueller report.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/440111-klobuchar-on-impeachment-im-the-jury

I think we'll see the House move to impeach.  I'm not so sure that the Senate won't vote to convict him. I think it all depends on how badly the GOPe wants to get rid of him and have Pence take his place.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 12:08:49 am »
Pelosi's starting to panic.  Her "impeachment is not the answer" statement tells me she sees an election outcome she doesn't like.   wink777

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 12:34:48 am »
She should be made to eat her salad with Trump’s comb.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 12:37:27 am »

88devil

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 12:43:52 am »
Pelosi's starting to panic.  Her "impeachment is not the answer" statement tells me she sees an election outcome she doesn't like.   wink777

I don't see it as a panic, but I hope truly hope you are correct.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 12:48:29 am »
I think we'll see the House move to impeach.  I'm not so sure that the Senate won't vote to convict him. I think it all depends on how badly the GOPe wants to get rid of him and have Pence take his place.
If they pull off impeachment and removal from office, that might be enough to trigger widespread violence.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 02:24:57 am »

...and lose to Bernie Sanders in 2020.   Pence won't win with the taint of the first President to be Impeached and Convicted.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 02:26:25 am »

:mauslaff:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2019, 04:31:00 am »

@Right_in_Virginia

I agree. Whoever it is that  pulls her strings and tells her what to say is terrified of what will happen if such a strategy backfires.

This is ESPECIALLY true if Trump manages to build enough of The Wall to have dropping crime numbers as well as dropping budget numbers related to fewer illegals to raise as pets to brag about coming into the election.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 04:32:27 am »
If they pull off impeachment and removal from office, that might be enough to trigger widespread violence.

@jmyrlefuller

If not then,when?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 12:21:09 pm »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2019, 02:19:13 pm »
Probably never.

@jmyrlefuller

Sadly,you are probably right. We are either all too old can crippled to take up arms and march on DC,or are "too civilized".

There will be no one left in America 20 years from now that isn't either a serf or a master.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2019, 02:46:58 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

Sadly,you are probably right. We are either all too old can crippled to take up arms and march on DC,or are "too civilized".

There will be no one left in America 20 years from now that isn't either a serf or a master.

It is pretty simple.... most Americans that are knowledgeable enough about what is going on, are also too "fat and happy."

Ain't going to be many that are willing to sacrifice incarceration/wealth confiscation, let alone risk life and limb, to make a political point.

Most will be satisfied grumbling and complaining....  but unwilling to risk savoring their "slice of the pie" in their final years.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2019, 03:16:09 pm »
It is pretty simple.... most Americans that are knowledgeable enough about what is going on, are also too "fat and happy."

Ain't going to be many that are willing to sacrifice incarceration/wealth confiscation, let alone risk life and limb, to make a political point.

Most will be satisfied grumbling and complaining....  but unwilling to risk savoring their "slice of the pie" in their final years.

@EdJames

I think "too civilized" might be a more accurate description. Maybe even "too tame" if you want to be impolite.

Sadly,this happened because we WERE the 700 lb giant on the global stage,and our military power and politicians with the will to defend America by calling us to arms kept any other nations from attacking us. The BEST they could hope for was a draw. The Japanese understood this,and hoped the crippling blow on Hawaii that didn't happen would cause us to back off and leave Asia to them.

I have no idea WHAT the hell the Germans were thinking. Other than "Oh,SHIT! This lunatic has really screwed the pooch now!" Of course,none were stupid enough to say in to the face of Hitler or any of his zombies.

Since WW-2 ended Americans seemed to think we could fight "hobby wars" to keep the military up to date and trained,but it really wasn't anything for the public to worry about because all the fighting would be done by high school drop outs and adults that couldn't find a job anywhere else. No big loss if they died,right?

We became so complacent that we overlooked slow subversion. Rather than invading us with fleets of troop ships and hundreds of thousands of troops,the invasion came by way of lame immigration laws that allowed tens of thousands of uneducated,superstitious foreigners come here not because they wanted to escape the religious police states they came from,but because they wanted to earn good money while conquering us from the inside.

They accomplished this with the help of American politicians who fear nothing but not being re-elected. To top that off,most hate the independence of thought and freedoms  Americans took as a birthright as much as the new immigrants,so they were more than happy to accept their new allies.

Those of us who live in "Mainland America" were just too busy living our lives to notice the foreign takeover happening because it wasn't happening where we live.

Now they are everywhere,and there is no such thing as ignoring them.

Since they ain't  leaving voluntarily,and the DNC depends on them for votes so they won't be forced to leave,the only way to get rid of them is to start killing them until they are encouraged to go back to whatever Shitstainistan they came here from.

This just ain't going to happen until and unless THEY take  up arms first and start murdering Americans in places away from the major metropolitan areas where they live so they can get all the "free stuff". In those areas,they,American criminals,and the cops are the only ones armed,so it's not going to happen there. They vote,so the cops are going to be ordered to leave them alone,which leaves only the criminals to resist. They are too selfish and self-centered to even help their own families,never mind the nation.

And truthfully,I am no better than anyone else. I won't start killing them until they take up arms and start murdering people in the semi-rural area I live in,and and that just ain't going to happen in my lifetime. Also,I realize it is our own political leaders and their masters looking for cheap labor that is MUCH more responsible for this than the immigrants,so they are the ones that need to be killed off first. What do any of you think are the odds of THAT happening?

Yeah,not going to happen.

We are just too civilized for our own good. We will rush to fight someone invading our homes,but not someone invading our nation. We expect the very people responsible for the invasion to do this for us,kinda like waiting for Santa to bring us a new Harley. It just ain't going to happen.

In 25 years American will no longer be a free nation. In 50 years no one will even be pretending we are a free nation. We will probably be joined with Canada and Mexico,and named something like "The North American Economic Zone Inc" and controlled at the top by a corporate board in Switzerland with a name something like "World Wide Government,Inc.

Capitalism for our illustrious leaders,and communism for thee and me.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2019, 03:22:21 pm »
@EdJames

I think "too civilized" might be a more accurate description. Maybe even "too tame" if you want to be impolite.

Sadly,this happened because we WERE the 700 lb giant on the global stage,and our military power and politicians with the will to defend America by calling us to arms kept any other nations from attacking us. The BEST they could hope for was a draw. The Japanese understood this,and hoped the crippling blow on Hawaii that didn't happen would cause us to back off and leave Asia to them.

I have no idea WHAT the hell the Germans were thinking. Other than "Oh,SHIT! This lunatic has really screwed the pooch now!" Of course,none were stupid enough to say in to the face of Hitler or any of his zombies.

Since WW-2 ended Americans seemed to think we could fight "hobby wars" to keep the military up to date and trained,but it really wasn't anything for the public to worry about because all the fighting would be done by high school drop outs and adults that couldn't find a job anywhere else. No big loss if they died,right?

We became so complacent that we overlooked slow subversion. Rather than invading us with fleets of troop ships and hundreds of thousands of troops,the invasion came by way of lame immigration laws that allowed tens of thousands of uneducated,superstitious foreigners come here not because they wanted to escape the religious police states they came from,but because they wanted to earn good money while conquering us from the inside.

They accomplished this with the help of American politicians who fear nothing but not being re-elected. To top that off,most hate the independence of thought and freedoms  Americans took as a birthright as much as the new immigrants,so they were more than happy to accept their new allies.

Those of us who live in "Mainland America" were just too busy living our lives to notice the foreign takeover happening because it wasn't happening where we live.

Now they are everywhere,and there is no such thing as ignoring them.

Since they ain't  leaving voluntarily,and the DNC depends on them for votes so they won't be forced to leave,the only way to get rid of them is to start killing them until they are encouraged to go back to whatever Shitstainistan they came here from.

This just ain't going to happen until and unless THEY take  up arms first and start murdering Americans in places away from the major metropolitan areas where they live so they can get all the "free stuff". In those areas,they,American criminals,and the cops are the only ones armed,so it's not going to happen there. They vote,so the cops are going to be ordered to leave them alone,which leaves only the criminals to resist. They are too selfish and self-centered to even help their own families,never mind the nation.

And truthfully,I am no better than anyone else. I won't start killing them until they take up arms and start murdering people in the semi-rural area I live in,and and that just ain't going to happen in my lifetime. Also,I realize it is our own political leaders and their masters looking for cheap labor that is MUCH more responsible for this than the immigrants,so they are the ones that need to be killed off first. What do any of you think are the odds of THAT happening?

Yeah,not going to happen.

We are just too civilized for our own good. We will rush to fight someone invading our homes,but not someone invading our nation. We expect the very people responsible for the invasion to do this for us,kinda like waiting for Santa to bring us a new Harley. It just ain't going to happen.

In 25 years American will no longer be a free nation. In 50 years no one will even be pretending we are a free nation. We will probably be joined with Canada and Mexico,and named something like "The North American Economic Zone Inc" and controlled at the top by a corporate board in Switzerland with a name something like "World Wide Government,Inc.

Capitalism for our illustrious leaders,and communism for thee and me.

@sneakypete

Sadly, at this point in time, I can't argue with any of that.  And yes, "too civilized" is probably the best label.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2019, 03:47:58 pm »
“America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.”

― Claire Wolfe

Time may be running out on that last part.
I will NOT comply.