Author Topic: Feds seize $4.5 million Avenatti plane amid tax scandal  (Read 322 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Feds seize $4.5 million Avenatti plane amid tax scandal
« on: April 11, 2019, 12:42:09 pm »
Feds seize $4.5 million Avenatti plane amid tax scandal
Fox News, Apr 10, 2019

LOS ANGELES – Embattled lawyer Michael Avenatti was the subject of a federal warrant Wednesday that resulted in the seizure of his private jet, worth about $4.5 million.

A U.S. Attorney’s Office spokesman, Thom Mrozek, confirmed to Fox News that federal agents seized a Honda HA-420 twin-engine jet from Santa Barbara Airport about 10 a.m. after a federal judge issued a warrant.

The plane was originally scheduled to be flown Wednesday to Orange County on Avenatti's behalf, but pilots had to file a new flight plan to San Bernardino County.

“Federal authorities have seized a jet co-owned by Mr. Avenatti pursuant to a seizure warrant issued by a federal judge. This seizure is related to the pending criminal case in Los Angeles,” a federal official told Fox News.

Avenatti told Fox News on Wednesday: “I haven’t used the plane in almost a year and I gave up my interest last year. I have no interest in the plane and could care less.” Fox News reached out to Avenatti's lawyer but received no response.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/feds-seize-4-5-million-avenatti-plane-amid-tax-scandal