Author Topic: Air Force again halts KC-46 deliveries after more debris found  (Read 361 times)

rangerrebew

Air Force again halts KC-46 deliveries after more debris found
By: Stephen Losey   1 day ago

The Air Force has once again halted deliveries of the KC-46 Pegasus tanker from Boeing after more foreign object debris, or FOD, was found in some closed compartments of the aircraft.

Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson confirmed in a House Armed Services Committee hearing on the budget Tuesday morning that deliveries had been stopped for a second time. Wilson told Rep. Joe Courtney, D-Conn., that the Air Force is putting corrective actions in place, including requiring all closed compartments be inspected, “to make sure that the production line is being run the way that it needs to be run.”

Courtney expressed concern that problems with the KC-46 appear to be getting in the way of the Air Force’s “optimistic projections” about delivery of the aircraft.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2019/04/02/air-force-again-halts-kc-46-deliveries-after-more-debris-found/
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 10:20:52 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Air Force again halts KC-46 deliveries after more debris found
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 02:44:11 pm »
Sounds like someone needs to see who on the production lines might have a reason to sabotage aircraft going to the US Military (or from Boeing). Reasons could range from laziness and sloppy work to industrial sabotage (a disgruntled employee) to even darker motives (trying to cause problems for mission critical aircraft).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 02:45:28 pm »
Sounds like someone needs to see who on the production lines might have a reason to sabotage aircraft going to the US Military (or from Boeing). Reasons could range from laziness and sloppy work to industrial sabotage (a disgruntled employee) to even darker motives (trying to cause problems for mission critical aircraft).
Wouldn't want to be a recent owner of Boeing stock.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 11:34:29 pm »
Wouldn't want to be a recent owner of Boeing stock.
As long as you buy it when it's down....it will likely go back up. This is a stretch of rough road, but I don't see them going under.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis