Author Topic: The Media is SILENT on the Biden Sexual Harassment Allegation  (Read 298 times)

rangerrebew

The Media is SILENT on the Biden Sexual Harassment Allegation
March 30, 2019 Collin Rugg

Former Democratic Nevada Senator Lucy Flores made a statement on Friday and claimed that former Vice President and potential 2020 candidate Joe Biden sexually harassed her in 2014.

“I felt him get closer to me from behind. He leaned further in and inhaled my hair. I was mortified,” Flores said. “He proceeded to plant a big slow kiss on the back of my head. My brain couldn’t process what was happening. I was embarrassed. I was shocked. I was confused. … I wanted nothing more than to get Biden away from me.”

This allegation is a huge development considering Biden is the frontrunner for the Democratic candidates to take on President Trump in 2020.

https://ilovemyfreedom.org/the-media-is-silent-on-the-biden-sexual-harassment-allegation/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email

Offline Applewood

Re: The Media is SILENT on the Biden Sexual Harassment Allegation
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 01:31:08 pm »
Well, the Washington Post has this:

Joe Biden’s affectionate, physical style with women comes under scrutiny

This affectionate and sometimes intimate physical style is one of the former vice president’s trademarks, a defining feature of the warm and upbeat persona he has built during more than four decades in the national spotlight. But the appropriateness of Biden’s physical behavior toward women is now being questioned, after a female Democratic politician penned a viral Internet piece describing an alleged 2014 encounter that left her offended and uncomfortable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/joe-bidens-affectionate-physical-style-with-women-comes-under-scrutiny/2019/03/31/a41a81d0-5275-11e9-8d28-f5149e5a2fda_story.html?utm_term=.8c9e63ff5ae6

I don't know, guys.  My family was never demonstrative.  One showed  love and affection through deeds, not hugs and kisses or saying "I love you" a hundred times a day.  When my brother married  his wife, I had to get accustomed to her and her family's touchy-feely style.    It was unnerving at first, but now, it's second nature.

So I don't know if Biden is just one of those touchy-feely types or if he really is a dirty old man, as has been alleged.  With the advent of MeToo, the phrase "inappropriate behavior" is being redefined to include even a sideways glance.  Touching someone's shoulder is hardly assault, although I find smelling a woman's hair and kissing the back of her head a bit peculiar.  And as with Kavanaugh and Moore, we have all kinds of women coming out of the woodwork and making claims, without proof. 

So I'm not going to make judgments until and  unless I see evidence of an actual assault.