Author Topic: Why The Pentagon Must Have The B-21 Bomber Soon, And Shouldn't Let Other Programs Slow Its Pace  (Read 244 times)

rangerrebew

Mar 29, 2019, 10:19am

Why The Pentagon Must Have The B-21 Bomber Soon, And Shouldn't Let Other Programs Slow Its Pace

Loren Thompson

March was an unusually active month for the Air Force’s B-52 bomber. The Air Force’s iconic long-range strike aircraft conducted training exercises and flights intended to deter aggression in the South China Sea, off the Kamchatka Peninsula in Northeast Asia, in the Baltic region and in the Mediterranean.

No other aircraft in history has managed to combine the reach, lethality and longevity of the B-52. The Air Force disclosed last year that it intends to gradually retire its newer B-1 and B-2 bombers as the next-generation B-21 becomes available, but it will keep B-52s in the force through 2050.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lorenthompson/2019/03/29/why-the-pentagon-must-have-the-b-21-bomber-soon-and-shouldnt-let-other-programs-slow-its-pace/#3e080c411560

Offline Idiot

Our humble little base was just awarded the B-21's.  I can't wait to see them.

I still marvel every time I see a B-1 taking off with afterburners on.  AMAZING plane....
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 03:04:26 pm by mrpotatohead »