Author Topic: Alan Dershowitz: How CNN misled its viewers  (Read 304 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Alan Dershowitz: How CNN misled its viewers
« on: March 28, 2019, 01:49:38 pm »
Alan Dershowitz: How CNN misled its viewers
By Alan M. Dershowitz, opinion contributor — 03/27/19 01:05 PM EDT

In our hyperpartisan world, in which so many people watch only media that will give them news with which they agree, CNN viewers understandably expected the Mueller report to find overwhelming evidence that President Trump colluded, conspired with and is beholden to Russia. After all, that is what they have been hearing for many months.

Pundit after pundit, commentator after commentator, host after host already had made up their minds: President Trump was guilty and should be indicted, impeached or removed under the 25th Amendment. To be sure, CNN presented the occasional dissenting view, but it was almost always from right-wing Republicans who viewers could easily discount.

During the first several months of the investigation, CNN viewers also heard my more nuanced, more centrist views. As a liberal Democrat who strongly supported Hillary Clinton, I had some credibility when I raised questions about the certainty with which other CNN guests had declared Trump guilty. I introduced constitutional analysis regarding the allegations of obstruction of justice, arguing that — regardless of Trump’s intentions — he could not be charged with obstruction based exclusively on exercising his constitutional authority under Article II. This includes the power to fire any member of the executive branch.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/436059-alan-dershowitz-how-cnn-misled-its-viewers
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: Alan Dershowitz: How CNN misled its viewers
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 10:19:21 pm »
This seems like a good place to bring this up.

Alan Dershowitz is famously liberal, yes – but he’s not a Leftist. In my view this distinction is very important.

There are lots of liberals in my family. But, none are leftist. If you love and respect America, it’s constitution, history, values and traditions; you’re not a leftist. Could you be a liberal and love America? Sure. And I can disagree with them, as I think they are bleeding hearts, but they’re Americans and enjoy the same freedom to vote as I do.

So the only differences I have with liberals is over policy. And that’s part of the normal give and take of spirited political debate.

However, the international Left (with help from their domestic fellow travelers) is a danger to the constitution and to America as founded. They are the ones we should oppose to our last dying breath.