Author Topic: Mom Ignores Doctor When Her Sick 2-Year-Old Starts Feeling Better, Child Services Send a SWAT Team  (Read 1168 times)

Offline thackney

Mom Ignores Doctor When Her Sick 2-Year-Old Starts Feeling Better, Child Services Send a SWAT Team
https://reason.com/blog/2019/03/27/sick-2-year-old-swat-team-dcs-parents
Mar. 27, 2019

Chandler, Arizona, cops broke through the door of a family's home in the middle of the night, stormed in, pointed their guns, handcuffed the father, and watched as the state's Department of Child Safety took custody of the parents' three kids—all because mom had decided her toddler's fever was not serious enough to merit a trip to the hospital.

It was dinnertime on February 25 when the pregnant mother took her two-year-old to the doctor with a fever of over 100. The doctor told her to take him to the emergency room, fearing that because the boy was unvaccinated, perhaps he had meningitis—a life-threatening disease.

The doctor called the hospital to alert them. But by the time the mother and child left his office, the boy was "laughing and playing with his siblings," according to this excellent piece by Dianna M. Nanez in The Arizona Republic. Mom took his temperature again, and it was almost normal. So instead of going to the emergency room, the family went home. The mom called the doctor to say her boy's fever had broken and she wasn't going to the emergency room. The doctor told her she should go anyway, so she agreed she would—but then she didn't.

That's when the madness began.

The hospital called the doctor to tell him the toddler hadn't arrived. The doctor called DCS. And DCS requested the cops check on the family as a caseworker headed over....

...The DCS caseworker arrived and updated police on the toddler's fever and the mother choosing not to take her child to the hospital. The officer called the family's doctor, who repeated her recommendation that the mother take the child to the hospital. ...

At about 11:30 p.m., the caseworker informed officers that DCS planned to obtain a "temporary custody notice" from a judge to remove the child for emergency medical aid....

..."Based upon the court order, the intent of DCS to serve the order, and exigency to ensure the health and welfare of the child, the decision was made to force entry to the home if the parents refused to respond to verbal requests," according to police records. Police knocked, saying they had a court order and would force entry if needed, according to police records.

And force they did:

It was after 1 a.m. when officers kicked down the family's door. One officer carried a shield, while another was described as having "lethal coverage." Officers pointing guns yelled, "Chandler Police Department," and entered the house.

The rest of the story is equally nuts. The kids were all placed in separate foster homes. When the case got to juvenile court 10 days later, DCS requested it be closed to the public. The judge refused....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

More info at:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-child-welfare/2019/03/25/questions-due-process-rise-after-police-break-down-door-check-feverish-toddler/3223829002/

...It was after 1 a.m. when officers kicked down the family’s door. One officer carried a shield, while another was described as having “lethal coverage.” Officers pointing guns yelled, “Chandler Police Department,” and entered the house.

The father came to the door. Officers placed him in handcuffs and took him and the mother outside. Inside, they found a juvenile who said she was sick and had thrown up in her bed.

Officers said the home was “messy” with clothing piles and concrete floors. In the parent’s room, a shotgun lay next to the bed, according to police records.

The caseworker spoke with two of the children without their parents present. He told officers it was “necessary to obtain a temporary custody order” for the parents’ two other children, according to police records...

...At a Mesa juvenile court hearing 10 days later, the parents got their first chance before a judge to fight for their children to be returned....

...Attorneys for the parents said the children hadn’t seen each other since being taken from their parents’ home. The parents had only had one visit with their older children. DCS officials told the parents the toddler couldn’t make that visit because he was at a medical appointment.

The state's attorney argued that the children shouldn’t be returned to their parents yet because they’d been hostile to DCS workers and weren’t cooperating. He said the parents had attended a DCS visit with members of Arizona DCS Oversight Group who were combative toward DCS workers. He said the grandfather had tried to videotape a meeting with DCS, and recording is not allowed to protect the privacy of the children....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
It's the price of being crazy. If a doctor says "Possible meningitis", you go to the ER. That's very scary stuff.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline raml

A child with meningitis doesn't suddenly feel better the mother knew what was best for the child it did not have the disease. A temp of a little over 100 is no life and death problem one over 104 would be but even then a doctor told me over the phone how to get the temp down and then come into the doctors office the next day not to any er. This is crazy and not normal for government to bit in on something like this. Meningitis the child gets sicker it does not start feeling better. My nephew once had it and I know.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This is some really scary stuff. How the hell does the Chandler police justify this?

@Cyber Liberty did you see this?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
It's the price of being crazy. If a doctor says "Possible meningitis", you go to the ER. That's very scary stuff.
I went through Basic Training at Fort Ord, CA during a serious meningitus outbreak.

There was quite a highly frestrictive quarantine, and we slept with the barracks windows open wide.

I recall it is contagious. I recall the US Army took it seriously.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is some really scary stuff. How the hell does the Chandler police justify this?

@Cyber Liberty did you see this?

I had not.  The DCS, formerly Child Protective Services, is a bad actor.  CPS has been seizing children from parents for poor reasons for years, costing parents their life savings trying to get them back.  There was supposed to be a reform, sounds like it did not take.

Chandler Police are just azzholes.  One reason of many I'm glad we left that shithole.  They love pushing people around.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I had not.  The DCS, formerly Child Protective Services, is a bad actor.  CPS has been seizing children from parents for poor reasons for years, costing parents their life savings trying to get them back.  There was supposed to be a reform, sounds like it did not take.

Chandler Police are just azzholes.  One reason of many I'm glad we left that shithole.  They love pushing people around.

No kidding.  Send a CPS person with a uniformed officer, if they really thought the child was possibly in danger.  But, SWAT them in the middle of the night?  Way, way wrong.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No kidding.  Send a CPS person with a uniformed officer, if they really thought the child was possibly in danger.  But, SWAT them in the middle of the night?  Way, way wrong.

Exactly.  The CPS part of it was characteristically bull-headed, but the behavior of the black-uniformed cops was wayyyyy out of line.  No officer will be punished for this.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Right_in_Virginia

A child with meningitis doesn't suddenly feel better the mother knew what was best for the child it did not have the disease. A temp of a little over 100 is no life and death problem one over 104 would be but even then a doctor told me over the phone how to get the temp down and then come into the doctors office the next day not to any er. This is crazy and not normal for government to bit in on something like this. Meningitis the child gets sicker it does not start feeling better. My nephew once had it and I know.

Agree .. a fever of 100 does not point to meningitis.  Neither does a fever breaking.

Seems the unspoken message is:  Vaccinate your kids or we'll take them in the name of the greater good.   **nononono*

Online Slide Rule

Mom should get a new doctor.

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online Slide Rule

So.

Did the child have the fatal disease or was that a long shot speculation?

I know that the Black Plague would be a problem, but if a doctor thought
he had identified it in a child, would that be believed by the lady protecting
our children better than we can?

What was the end result when the child was taken to the hospital and put
through a series of tests?

Did the child survive?
Were the children returned to their parents?

Or were they judged incompetent to have children?

Just looking for closure.

To add insult to injury, the parents were forced to take a physiological exam.
They must be crazy.

How about the Swat team taking physiological exams?
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So.

Did the child have the fatal disease or was that a long shot speculation?

I know that the Black Plague would be a problem, but if a doctor thought
he had identified it in a child, would that be believed by the lady protecting
our children better than we can?

What was the end result when the child was taken to the hospital and put
through a series of tests?

Did the child survive?
Were the children returned to their parents?

Or were they judged incompetent to have children?

Just looking for closure.

To add insult to injury, the parents were forced to take a physiological exam.
They must be crazy.

How about the Swat team taking physiological exams?

The child had no fever when the cops arrived at the hospital.  DCS took all the children, and as of now they have not been returned.  If this case is typical, it will be months before they get them back (if at all). 

Oh, BTW, AZ requires the parents to pay child support to the Foster Care system.
I will NOT comply.

rangerrebew

Unvaccinated Children Torn From Parents in Horrifying Late Night SWAT Raid
 Dagny Taggert March 29, 2019 2.4k Views

Warning: If you care about parental rights, this story will infuriate you.

On February 25, a pregnant mother took her 2-year-old son to the Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine clinic in Tempe, Arizona because he had a fever of over 100. The doctor instructed the mother to take him to the emergency room because he is unvaccinated and she feared he could have meningitis.

The doctor called the emergency room at Banner Cardon Children’s Medical Center in Mesa to let them know the boy would be arriving.

https://freedomoutpost.com/unvaccinated-children-torn-from-parents-in-horrifying-late-night-swat-raid/

Offline Mod2

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I really am glad I never had human children when I see things like this.

Yesterday I had lunch with a friend and we were talking how in the 70s and 80s you hardly ever saw obese/overweight children.

How children played outside  and the only video games we had were Pong, Pac Man etc, and Pinball.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️